No announcement yet.

Finless 2.0a ROM for the Minix X8/X8-H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

guys ye saying this cannot be flashed to the x8 plus? I flashed finless 1.1 np to my x8 plus.. I cant seem to get the latest ver to work do :-/ I am using the same method as I did to install v1.1 but that just takes me to TWRP recovery and no place in there can I see the sd card r the zip file? I have also tried the other way of going into apps and selecting update and the select the zip the hit update that just brings me back to TWRP so im stuck... ughhh annoying me lol

I hope someone can help? Im sure it is okay! To flash this to the plus model as I have flashed ver 1.1 and it has gave me no problems.

Cheers all... and big props to u finless u the man 4 making these roms m8

Comment

Originally posted by Ricey83 View Post
      ....I am using the same method as I did to install v1.1 but that just takes me to TWRP recovery and no place in there can I see the sd card r the zip file? I have also tried the other way of going into apps and selecting update and the select the zip the hit update that just brings me back to TWRP so im stuck... ughhh annoying me lol
      Remove TWRP first, then replace with stock recovery and try again

Comment

Hi,

I have recently upgraded my X8 PLUS with finless 1.1 rom (X8-H), and I've realized that this firmware is not for my minix model. I'm trying to upgrade with the version of this thread (2.0a) but it doesn't work. Is there anything I can do? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by An-Droid View Post
          Remove TWRP first, then replace with stock recovery and try again
          how can I remove twrp? I can't boot with 1.1 neither can I replace with stock recovery

Comment

Originally posted by iye81 View Post
            how can I remove twrp? I can't boot with 1.1 neither can I replace with stock recovery
            SOLVED APPLYING THIS FIRMWARE!!!

Comment

Hi OP/ Mod: i have a question for you. Is there an Openelec Firmware for Minix Neo X8-H Plus available for flashing ?
              If i flash Finless ROM latest version, should i also flash Openelec later to get best Multimedia experience ? i love Openelec... but i am clueless where to get it for flashing onto my Neo X8-H Plus...

Any guide from experts would be highly appreciated... Thanks in advance.

Comment

I don't know any Openelec for minix x8...
                btw: this rom is not for plus!
                RK3288 Devices
                - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Finless just want to say a big thank you to you for your work. I'm just getting into this customising players business, and you make it extremely easy both to understand and to do.

Top man, much appreciated! Installed 2.0a and the CPU fix and it was a doddle. Having lots of fun thanks to you!

Comment

Hi, i have flashed finless 2.0a. There is an ota update but shows chinese characters. Is it better to do it? Thanks, and sorry for my english.

Comment

I would NEVER use OTA (stock) or something like this at a mod rom...
                      The chance to get an unstable system is high...

RK3288 Devices
                      - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                      - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                      UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                      Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                      Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Any word on a fix for the wake on USB issue? My K400 can put the box to sleep but no longer wakes it up.. I'd hate to have to reflash and switch, the rom looks amazing otherwise!

Comment

Hi Finless.
                          according to the Minix forum, there are some updates up to Version 5. ( link below )
                          Do we really need it?
                          Do you have something in your oven? beeing cooked :-)

Thanks for your answers.
                          Cheers
                          Dear all NEO X8, X8 PLUS, X8-H users, (Please note that this firmware does NOT work with X8-H PLUS - different CPU/ wireless chipset) Official 005...

Comment

I was wondering my self. I just keep clearing the notifications that there is an OTA update available for my device as I would rather wait for Bob to turn it into one of his masterpieces of custom goodness.

Comment

Seems like this forum isn't being updated by the OP anymore.... does anyone know if Finless is still just busy? or maybe development is being talked about elsewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by KjK89 View Post
                                Seems like this forum isn't being updated by the OP anymore.... does anyone know if Finless is still just busy? or maybe development is being talked about elsewhere?
                                Well, I check frequently on the other forums and no rom updates are there either. In Sure Mr. Finless is just waiting to make sure that there aren't any small updates to come before putting a lot of time and energy into building a custom again. Let's keep our fingers crossed. Mine is still working great, I just have to clear out the OTA notification every time I have to reboot, that's all.

Comment

Working...
                                X