No announcement yet.

Finless 2.0a ROM for the Minix X8/X8-H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Won't it just put it back to stock though? What's the point of flashing back to stock just to re-flash this rom again?

Comment

Yep, back to stock. But I have rooted it and ripped out the crap. Then flashed Bob's CPU patch just to see how it goes. I will be putting Bob's rom back on but it all works well at the moment. Just testing it I suppose...

Comment

Think I'll just wait to see if Bob puts his own spin on the new version. On a side note, has anyone tried the new stable version of kodi on this rom? It doesn't work worth a dam on my box. No audio at all and serious buffering issues. It also causes the audio to completely shut down on my box while it is installed. I had to uninstall it just to get sound back.

Comment

So the answer to FOTA is "it depends". If you use the stock build.prop (not the nexus spoof) then it will work. As to if it will bring you back to stock 100%, that depends on what the update does. No way to know until the next update.

Are you guys saying the FOTA APP is saying there is an update after flashing my ROM?

Bob
          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
            Are you guys saying the FOTA APP is saying there is an update after flashing my ROM?
            Yes, I'm running your 2.0A ROM and have the notification from Minix saying that there is an update available.

Comment

Originally posted by ylexot View Post
              Yes, I'm running your 2.0A ROM and have the notification from Minix saying that there is an update available.
              Same, I guess it will take it back to the stock version, I'm keeping finless' version, so I just disabled the update app until further notice.

Comment

So the answer to FOTA is "it depends". If you use the stock build.prop (not the nexus spoof) then it will work. As to if it will bring you back to stock 100%, that depends on what the update does. No way to know until the next update.

Bob
                Yes, the FOTA APP shows that there is an update available (450megs) and would like me to download it.
                I'm not going to do because I do not want to loose "Finless 2a" version.

Comment

Originally posted by BobShanghai View Post
                  Yes, the FOTA APP shows that there is an update available (450megs) and would like me to download it.
                  I'm not going to do because I do not want to loose "Finless 2a" version.
                  Hey BobShanghai, Do you have any problems with buffering on the PPTV or IQIYI apps or downloading torrents? I have a 100mb Telecom connection and all three are nearly unusable. PPTV and IQIYI constantly have to stop and rebuffer and torrents seem to top out at 200k-300k. I can use my laptop and they work just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by jallenhayslett View Post
                    Hey BobShanghai, Do you have any problems with buffering on the PPTV or IQIYI apps or downloading torrents? I have a 100mb Telecom connection and all three are nearly unusable. PPTV and IQIYI constantly have to stop and rebuffer and torrents seem to top out at 200k-300k. I can use my laptop and they work just fine.
                    I don't use those apps. But I do stream live and downloads from BBC iPlayer, ITV player, 4oD and demand5. All of these need vpn. (Router is set to give vpn to certain ip addresses, including wired Ethernet of X8-H).
                    Use Lemonsqueeze fakewifi to force the apps onto Ethernet. (much more reliable because wireless is very congested here in Shanghai).
                    No big problems with downloads or live streams. Occasional buffering, but not bad.

Using China Telecom FTTH, 20meg down. 4meg up. (don't see any need to pay for faster link)

Comment

Bob
                      Any developments on this? Does it mean that Minix have a ROM more recent than Finless 2.0a?

Comment

Originally posted by Mabs View Post
                        Any developments on this? Does it mean that Minix have a ROM more recent than Finless 2.0a?
                        Yes, as he said , minix have an online update later than Bobs 2.0a

Comment

Originally posted by frederick_99 View Post
                          Yes, as he said , minix have an online update later than Bobs 2.0a
                          Bob has NOT said that. The OTA could just be stock 2A, but the Minix app recognizes it as an update because we are running Finless ROM.

Comment

Bob has NOT said that. The OTA could just be stock 2A, but the Minix app recognizes it as an update because we are running Finless ROM.
                            002A FW has been released on December 13th, if I'm not mistaken. With this release, Minix has launched a new FOTA upgrade process and a new FW has been released on December 24th. I'm not sure if this has a new numbering, but that's why you see the message that a new FW is available. It's ~460 MB, I took the upgrade earlier today, I was before with 002A. There were only 2 notes for this new FW, stating "improvements and bugs fixes", but no additional info.

Comment

never said that Bob had said that...

from @KEN at minix forum

The first FOTA update is to bring all existing fw002A users to the "1st official FOTA firmware".
                              From this point onwards all future FOTA will be using differential package with small file size (a few MBs).

Change log will be provided in future updates, this update is to sync. you guys to the FOTA server and there is really not much changes within.

read into that what you want

Comment

Originally posted by frederick_99 View Post
                                never said that Bob had said that...

from @KEN at minix forum

The first FOTA update is to bring all existing fw002A users to the "1st official FOTA firmware".
                                From this point onwards all future FOTA will be using differential package with small file size (a few MBs).

Change log will be provided in future updates, this update is to sync. you guys to the FOTA server and there is really not much changes within.

read into that what you want
                                Ok, so by "he", you were referring to someone not in this thread or even anyone on this forum. Well that was clear.

Comment

Working...
                                X