Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] XannyTech Custom Mod Rom + TWRP Recovey built-in - for MINIM8SII and other devices see first post.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent job. You're right about these s905x boxes from this factory - seriously poor across the board. Great to see such an improvement.

Can I ask if you could share the method of fixing the enter button on the MX3 air remote? I have the 1gb version of this box, the Mini Mx Plus - I'd love to do what you did to fix this too. Love to learn if you'd like to share some techniques.

Comment

Will give it another try later today(zip method). thanks.
      Last edited by wolfynwo; 12-09-2016, 14:50.

Comment

Hi!

Im waiting so long for a good working ROM....

I need 2 features for it:
        automatic refresh rate (I dont understand how all the people can live without...)
        and google cast feature to use youtube with multiple devices (ok. thats a nice to have feature... :-)

The refresh rate change doesnt work at the moment. Not with kodi or the correct spmc v17 version.

​​​​​​
        How can i support you to make my wishes true?

Comment

ARR works if you do the trick i wrote on this topic. Also use the version of spmc i posted yesterday.
          le: proof https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5z...w?usp=drivesdk

Comment

Originally posted by Meltdown View Post
            Excellent job. You're right about these s905x boxes from this factory - seriously poor across the board. Great to see such an improvement.

Can I ask if you could share the method of fixing the enter button on the MX3 air remote? I have the 1gb version of this box, the Mini Mx Plus - I'd love to do what you did to fix this too. Love to learn if you'd like to share some techniques.
            No problem we are here to share:

Code:
            /system/usr/keylayout/Generic.kl

change key 28 like this:
            key 28    ENTER

Comment

Originally posted by wolfynwo View Post
              ARR works if you do the trick i wrote on this topic. Also use the version of spmc i posted yesterday.
              le: proof https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5z...w?usp=drivesdk
              About Autorefresh (the folder should have the right permissions by default but if not:
              create a file named 94autorefresh_fix in etc/init.d:
              Code:
              Code:
              #!/system/bin/sh
              chmod 666 /sys/class/display/mode
              and abilitate init.d using the included program UniversalInit.d, in that way everytime you reboot, the correct premission are given automatically, easy...

The use the SPMC version that you know it's working for you.

Comment

Originally posted by seppdog View Post
                Hi!

Im waiting so long for a good working ROM....

and google cast feature to use youtube with multiple devices (ok. thats a nice to have feature... :-)
                About autorefresh read the message before this one.
                Google cast etc... probably never used... explain me better and if i can i will help you

Comment

Xanny nice boot image. That means i just flashed it successfully (zip method) . Time to enjoy your work and stress it for the weekend.

Comment

Xanny nice boot image. That means i just flashed it successfully (zip method) . Time to enjoy your work and stress it for the weekend.

edit: and plese give me a report with your impressions
                    Last edited by Xannytech; 12-09-2016, 19:24.

Comment

Hmm something weird happened with the brightness level.
                      After flashing it was very high9had to lower it with 10 on my tv). Then i used spmc with amlcodec and it went to the normal value(like on stock rom after you had to play a file with internal player). Left spmc and the brightness didn`t change.
                      Did a restart/poweroff to check the brightness and surprise...the bug is back. You have to play a file to normalize the brightness as it should be.
                      Any advice?

Comment

Hmm something weird happened with the brightness level.
                        After flashing it was very high9had to lower it with 10 on my tv). Then i used spmc with amlcodec and it went to the normal value(like on stock rom after you had to play a file with internal player). Left spmc and the brightness didn`t change.
                        Did a restart/poweroff to check the brightness and surprise...the bug is back. You have to play a file to normalize the brightness as it should be.
                        Any advice?
                        it's not a bug it was part of a workaround for dark screen or better, you know about the colorspace full/limited problem on some TV mine included? i tried some fixes and that work better for me.
                        Normally i disable amcodec probably i don't see that "bug" for that reason, or it happens just with the particular version of SPMC your are using?
                        But anyway i can work on a zip to delete that fix for you.
                        what about autorefresh if it's not ok i can include also that...

I disabled amcodec because Kodi developers told me that: "amcodec is an old method that newer amlogic boxes don't need, so better disable it in your builds, we are removing that codec from future build too."
                        Last edited by Xannytech; 12-09-2016, 20:25.

Comment

Originally posted by Xannytech View Post

No problem we are here to share:

Code:
                          /system/usr/keylayout/Generic.kl

change key 28 like this:
                          key 28 ENTER
                          Thank you so much for sharing. For the record, I would recommend you change the title of the thread, because this also WORKS PERFECTLY for the 1gb Ram Version, the Mini MX + S905x.

Xanny, did you remove the MboxLauncher?

Comment

Originally posted by Meltdown View Post

Thank you so much for sharing. For the record, I would recommend you change the title of the thread, because this also WORKS PERFECTLY for the 1gb Ram Version, the Mini MX + S905x.

Xanny, did you remove the MboxLauncher?
                            Thanks for the advice, i didn't tested it on a 1gb device, so...
                            Yes i removed MboxLauncher. Do you miss it?

Comment

I decompiled it and made my own one - much nicer now with all the shortcuts to my family and friends favourite apps. If I open IMG with AML Customisation Tool and remove the SquareHome dir and add MboxLauncher dir with MboxLauncher.apk inside it, should this work after recompile or is there a file somewhere I need to edit to tell MboxLauncher should be default?

Comment

Xannytech let it like this cause i see with your rom even playing without amcodec in spmc, ARR works and i just raised my tv brightness with 5! What have you done?:P
                                I know amcodec is `out of date` but without it i had drop&skip frames using ARR on stock.
                                Regarding the ARR script, it works flawless.
                                I removed some of your apps including your favourite launcher .
                                Btw, can you do something about permissions? I hate them.
                                Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X