Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] XannyTech Custom Mod Rom + TWRP Recovey built-in - for MINIM8SII and other devices see first post.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmgandia View Post

Ok. Good. But when you maintain pressed the reset button, does the box enter recovery?
    i replied on this particular topic many times, just nexbox (i think) uses a non standard bootloader, so usign my standard bootloader loose some abilities, it's not a matter of remote codes, or config, it's a sligthly different way to access on some part of the basic I/O system, totally harmful, but you'll lose some functionality.

Comment

Is it possible to you could make a img where the standard config file is for A95X so I can use remote right after burning the img? Btw thanks for your great work!

Comment

Originally posted by Xannytech View Post

i replied on this particular topic many times, just nexbox (i think) uses a non standard bootloader, so usign my standard bootloader loose some abilities, it's not a matter of remote codes, or config, it's a sligthly different way to access on some part of the basic I/O system, totally harmful, but you'll lose some functionality.
        I didn't know that it was only nexbox. I was trying to point out that I don't need to press the reset switch to flash firmware from burn tool. So if SopoIki would lose this functionality he will have a hard time trying to figure out how to flash from pc.

Comment

Originally posted by Xannytech

download THIS_FILE with totalcommander go to /system/priv-app/ open PrebuiltGmsCore folder delete the .apk and copy the one you just downloaded give 644 permissions reboot
          Hi i did that but no success, anyone know how to reinstall Google play store after i deleted it using root explorer as i was trying to manually update it. Thank you for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by Xannytech View Post

no never had blank screen, and i think just one time i used lan as source video, but i see lot iptv... do a test disabling amcodec just because normally is the main culprit lt me know.
            I've done some testing. Installed spmc 16.5.2, several hours of playing videos and no issues. Then installed 16.5.3, a few minutes and it stoped playing and returned to list. Then I remembered that al first the box was connected through ethernet and I didn't have any issues with spmc. So I tested with ethernet 16.5.3 and 16.5.5 and several hours without issues. So, maybe it's related to wifi, but this is a random issue. I'll keep testing.

How many of you use spmc through wifi / ethernet?

Comment

I've done some testing. Installed spmc 16.5.2, several hours of playing videos and no issues. Then installed 16.5.3, a few minutes and it stoped playing and returned to list. Then I remembered that al first the box was connected through ethernet and I didn't have any issues with spmc. So I tested with ethernet 16.5.3 and 16.5.5 and several hours without issues. So, maybe it's related to wifi, but this is a random issue. I'll keep testing.

How many of you use spmc through wifi / ethernet?
              Look post 757 ,don't use spmc 14.2 and kodi 16.1

Comment

Originally posted by bajann View Post
                Look post 757 ,don't use spmc 14.2 and kodi 16.1
                I have issues with 16.5.5 that's why I am checking previous versions. See post #754
                Edit: Ok. I know you've seen the post. Some people in spmc forum at github are experiencing similar issues, so I am trying to figure out why. Now I've played several hours through ethernet and no issues and wanted to know if someone else is having issues only through wifi

Comment

I didn't know that it was only nexbox. I was trying to point out that I don't need to press the reset switch to flash firmware from burn tool. So if SopoIki would lose this functionality he will have a hard time trying to figure out how to flash from pc.
                  Sepolki has a x96 so no problem, and also nexbox can use usb burning tool normally, anyway i posted somewhre in thread a zip for a nexbox user that flash back original bootloader for go back to stock, anyway anything is doable, that problem could come when you want t go back to stock.

Comment

Originally posted by masterpirlo View Post
                    Is it possible to you could make a img where the standard config file is for A95X so I can use remote right after burning the img? Btw thanks for your great work!
                    Why? This rom is built for MINI M8S II, all the other devices can use it changing remote, it's a plus that works on many devices, but it's not a rom builted specifically for them.
                    Anyway as i wrote many time, WHEN i will post or decide to upload a FINAL stable version, and when i will have more freetime i will work and then post rom done specifically for NExbox and devices using 9377 wifi chips.
                    Actually free time permitting i want to add more functionalities than base original fw, also doing experimentations that could work or not, i hope to solve and add more things beta to beta until i found nothing more to experiment

Comment

Does this ROM work on Mini M8s II with 6212A WiFi?

Comment

Originally posted by Dru79 View Post
                        Does this ROM work on Mini M8s II with 6212A WiFi?
                        It should but you have an AP6212A wifi chip inside? if yes can you post here for me to check the directory /system/etc/wifi .

Comment

I don't have this box. I want to buy it but I'm afraid that it will have unsupported WiFi chip.

Comment

Originally posted by Dru79 View Post
                            I don't have this box. I want to buy it but I'm afraid that it will have unsupported WiFi chip.
                            i supposed that until now i found 0 (zero) users with a MINI M8S II and AP6212A wifi chip, when i ask to post that directory the result is... directory identical or "i don't know what wifi chip i own but i asked because i read..." or i do not have this box.
                            In my rom there are configs and fw for Ap6212A chip but none tested because none knows or none has that chip, no trace elsewhere or anywhere of a firmware with wifi AP6212A chip.
                            So what i can reply it should work and if anyone got one please post system/etc/wifi folder.

Comment

It means I can buy without worry this player? Did you talk about ROM in stable version or beta?

Comment

I have a mini M8S II device with AP6212A and i can confirm Wi-Fi is working with Xannytech rom (i tested only beta3).

Inviato dal mio P027 utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X