Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] XannyTech Custom Mod Rom + TWRP Recovey built-in - for MINIM8SII and other devices see first post.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by luke_70it View Post
    I have a mini M8S II device with AP6212A and i can confirm Wi-Fi is working with Xannytech rom (i tested only beta3).

Inviato dal mio P027 utilizzando Tapatalk
    oh didn't know that

Comment

I have a mini M8S II device with AP6212A and i can confirm Wi-Fi is working with Xannytech rom (i tested only beta3).

This is really great news !

I expect my mini M8S II in a few days, and it will most probably have the AP6212A chip. So, I can't wait to flash it with XannyTech's rom.

p.s. May I ask, how did you know you have the AP 6212A wi-fi chip? Did you open the box, or is there any "hardware info" app you used to get the information?

Comment

Originally posted by jmgandia View Post

I didn't know that it was only nexbox. I was trying to point out that I don't need to press the reset switch to flash firmware from burn tool. So if SopoIki would lose this functionality he will have a hard time trying to figure out how to flash from pc.
        I just realized that I don't need to press the reset switch to connect to burn tool, with xanytech rom. When I said that burn tool didn't recognize my x96 with the original rom, it was because I connected the cable to the wrong usb port (port 2). I didn't know it has to be connected to usb port 1, because that port was used for wireless keyboard dongle at that time. So, x96 doesn't lose that functionality after flashing xannytech's rom, nor with the original rom. Sorry if I gave misleading information.

Comment

I am still testing beta 3. I started using SPMC. Now I have a lot of audio jitter/stutter. I tried to look through this post and saw that it may be some auto refresh issue. How do I fix it?

Comment

Originally posted by ddogishere
            Hi i did that but no success, anyone know how to reinstall Google play store after i deleted it using root explorer as i was trying to manually update it. Thank you for your help.
            Anyone can help me? Thanks.

Comment

Beta 4 in uploading
              - AutoFramerate (system patch) works on mxplayer and i hope in some other apps (does not depend on rom but on app developer) active by default; to activate/deactivate go to settings deactivate/activate hdmi self adaptation, is in playersettings.;
              - updated some apps;
              - readded Backup/update app.
              - some litte experimentation around.
              BETA4 .IMG online
              BETA4 .ZIP online
              updated post #611
              Last edited by Xannytech; 01-21-2017, 22:50.

Comment

Originally posted by Xannytech View Post

oh didn't know that
                It will work, the original firmware works and this ROM is based on it. But the problem is that the box with chip ap6212a is very unstable the wifi signal and very weak. With the ap6212 chip does not pass is high and good, even with the internal antenna. Maybe it's fixed with an external antenna but I doubt it. Maybe it's a drivers problem? Maybe they are not well driver prepared and lack development? Or is the ap6212A chip very bad?

Comment

Originally posted by tosu View Post

It will work, the original firmware works and this ROM is based on it. But the problem is that the box with chip ap6212a is very unstable the wifi signal and very weak. With the ap6212 chip does not pass is high and good, even with the internal antenna. Maybe it's fixed with an external antenna but I doubt it. Maybe it's a drivers problem? Maybe they are not well driver prepared and lack development? Or is the ap6212A chip very bad?
                  So tosu , i need files to compare or are just words, i never found a fw with AP6212A files different from mine, and i know what i mean.
                  If someone can give me files from a system born with Ap6212A chip that i can compare or add, it's good, but magically none has different files from mine and none can provide me a simple files, they mostly just read what someone wrote, without any evidence.
                  Anything different from this are just words, impressions, or "someone told me", not fact.
                  Fact are firmwares files: nvram_ap6212a.txt that is yet inside /system/etc/wifi/6212 directory

Comment

Originally posted by Xannytech View Post

So tosu , i need files to compare or are just words, i never found a fw with AP6212A files different from mine, and i know what i mean.
                    If someone can give me files from a system born with Ap6212A chip that i can compare or add, it's good, but magically none has different files from mine and none can provide me a simple files, they mostly just read what someone wrote, without any evidence.
                    Anything different from this are just words, impressions, or "someone told me", not fact.
                    Fact are firmwares files: nvram_ap6212a.txt that is yet inside /system/etc/wifi/6212 directory
                    Xannytech, I expect my Mini M8S II in a few days. Tell me what exactly I should so to get you those files.
                    Should I just connect the box to the PC via a male to male usb cable, find all the files within /system/etc/wifi/6212 directory and send them to you ?

Comment

Originally posted by LostEchoes

This is really great news !

I expect my mini M8S II in a few days, and it will most probably have the AP6212A chip. So, I can't wait to flash it with XannyTech's rom.

p.s. May I ask, how did you know you have the AP 6212A wi-fi chip? Did you open the box, or is there any "hardware info" app you used to get the information?
                      I know it because i tried libreelec on my m8sii and wifi didn't work.
                      I asked to s905x libreelec developer and he told me my wifi chip was ap6212a. I send him my android wifi drivers folder and he added support for it in libreelec...

Comment

I know it because i tried libreelec on my m8sii and wifi didn't work.
                        I asked to s905x libreelec developer and he told me my wifi chip was ap6212a. I send him my android wifi drivers folder and he added support for it in libreelec...

Thank you for the info.

Comment

Here are files I sent to kszaq (S905 libreelec developer). They are from v106 original firmware and I don't know if are the same in v109 since I upgraded directly from v106 to xtmod 2.3 beta3...
                          MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Comment

Hi does nyone know how to reinstall Google play store after i deleted it using root explorer as i was trying to manually update it. Thank you for your help

Comment

Originally posted by ddogishere View Post
                              Hi does nyone know how to reinstall Google play store after i deleted it using root explorer as i was trying to manually update it. Thank you for your help

Comment

Tried that nothing, so frustrating

Comment

Working...
                                X