Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] XannyTech Custom Mod Rom + TWRP Recovey built-in - for MINIM8SII and other devices see first post.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for your rom. Nice work

Flashed fine on a "TX95" https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Home-Cine...ing/B01LYO5L59
    Tested without twrp first just to see if it would boot fine and it did. So went ahead and flashed the twrp version as I hate having to use that burning tool TWRP boots fine to.

Not done any thing past booting and setting up google. But will report back.

Comment

Originally posted by trotter View Post
      Thanks for your rom. Nice work

Flashed fine on a "TX95" https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Home-Cine...ing/B01LYO5L59
      Tested without twrp first just to see if it would boot fine and it did. So went ahead and flashed the twrp version as I hate having to use that burning tool TWRP boots fine to.

Not done any thing past booting and setting up google. But will report back.
      Thanks Trotter, report me your impressions and any bug, if it's ok i'll add your device in first post

Comment

Originally posted by Meltdown View Post

Yours, on 2 of the 1gb ram boxes.

I'm sure I know it wasnt made for the s905x 1gb ram Mini Mx version of this box.
        let me know i'm really curious about 1gb devices.

Comment

Well first bug and could be a bit of a pain, cant login to chrome for some reason.
          Even if I remove my google account from the android settings and setup in chrome in self, if would just loop back to the sign-in page.

Netflix is SD by the looks of it and no 5.1 sound. But I think that is common with these cheapy devices. I don't think root and xpossed helps when it come to Netflix.
          Not to bothered about netflix mind you. My tv runs netflix nicely anyways.

Dolby D (ac3) is the highest level of sound even with fix. My amp can do the higher stuff. Visualy looks good with deep colour and HDR on. Kodi and Plex was my testing apps.

The enter key fix is nice was killing me having to click lol

Comment

Well first bug and could be a bit of a pain, cant login to chrome for some reason.
            Even if I remove my google account from the android settings and setup in chrome in self, if would just loop back to the sign-in page.
            It`s not a bug. You need to update google services and then you can login chrome.

A bug in my case is that if i play a video and i am closing it with task manager, i get choppy sound when i play anything else nomatter what player i am using and i have to reboot.
            Anyway is there any trick to add the button to close all apps from task manager/recent apps?

LE: It seems dts fix is causing it. I uninstalled it since i don`t need this.

Comment

I will check the ARR again tonight. On my first try I have set the folder permission manually with the correct SPMC version.

With the "google cast thing" I mean "Chrome Cast Service !! Means you can Stream to your Device like you would do to a ChromeCast Device !!" like in this ROM:

Thats a very cool feature that you can dirctly send the youtube video to the box like to a Youtube TV!

Comment

Originally posted by seppdog View Post
                I will check the ARR again tonight. On my first try I have set the folder permission manually with the correct SPMC version.

With the "google cast thing" I mean "Chrome Cast Service !! Means you can Stream to your Device like you would do to a ChromeCast Device !!" like in this ROM:

Thats a very cool feature that you can dirctly send the youtube video to the box like to a Youtube TV!

thanks for the explanation... i'll give a look to chromecast service

Comment

Netflix is SD by the looks of it and no 5.1 sound. But I think that is common with these cheapy devices. I don't think root and xpossed helps when it come to Netflix.
                  Not to bothered about netflix mind you. My tv runs netflix nicely anyways.

Dolby D (ac3) is the highest level of sound even with fix. My amp can do the higher stuff. Visualy looks good with deep colour and HDR on. Kodi and Plex was my testing apps.

The enter key fix is nice was killing me having to click lol
                  thanks, yes Netflix in SD it's a Widevine DRM problem, it can't be helped, we must remeber that are just 30$ TvBox, i think actually just Nvidia Shield (more than 100$) and maybe (but not sure) Xiaomi box (80$) pay the licenses for a HD DRM...

And what about remote? just to be sure tat my script works as it should. (did you used the zip version?)
                  Because probably i'm one of the few Rom Modder/developer that provide zip file with these TVBox with MM

Comment

With the "google cast thing" I mean "Chrome Cast Service !! Means you can Stream to your Device like you would do to a ChromeCast Device !!"

Nice feature, i can't test it, but i'll give a look to implement it in my Rom.
                    EDIT:
                    Not too diffucult to implement using androidmediashell and adding a lib, i don't know if itworks, but what about CheapCast or similar newer apps ?
                    I didn't test it but.. just to be sure before i begin a useless work and upload, that can be done by a simple app. let me know
                    Last edited by Xannytech; 12-10-2016, 18:12.

Comment

New fw 30.11.2016.
                      Also the latest boxes come with rv107.

Comment

I have tested both again.

ARR doesnt work for me (Not with the correct SPMC version and manuale executed chmod 666 /sys/class/display command). Maybe there is a problem with 4k screens? I think I have heard something with resolution modes...
                        Also I have tested the chrome cast service app. Its installed but I cant configure something and I doesnt find the box via sharing. With cheapcast you only can send fotos and videos but the Youtube remote thing doesnt work. Maybe there is a Youtuba app with the function of Androit TV out ther!?

Comment

Originally posted by wolfynwo View Post
                          New fw 30.11.2016.
                          Also the latest boxes come with rv107.
                          thanks downloading now i'll check it tomorrow
                          But at a first look does not seem the "original" fw comes with a strange logo ... and it's not exactly for MINI M8 SII but for Mini M8+
                          What is nice and funny it's that in the Russian forum they use my custom FW
                          Last edited by Xannytech; 12-10-2016, 20:48.

Comment

I have tested both again.

ARR doesnt work for me (Not with the correct SPMC version and manuale executed chmod 666 /sys/class/display command). Maybe there is a problem with 4k screens? I think I have heard something with resolution modes...
                            Also I have tested the chrome cast service app. Its installed but I cant configure something and I doesnt find the box via sharing. With cheapcast you only can send fotos and videos but the Youtube remote thing doesnt work. Maybe there is a Youtuba app with the function of Androit TV out ther!?
                            ok i can implement google chromescast, but and it's a big but i have to hack that original google app... or find a different workaround ... dunno if it's ... legal.

Comment

Originally posted by Xannytech View Post

thanks, yes Netflix in SD it's a Widevine DRM problem, it can't be helped, we must remeber that are just 30$ TvBox, i think actually just Nvidia Shield (more than 100$) and maybe (but not sure) Xiaomi box (80$) pay the licenses for a HD DRM...

And what about remote? just to be sure tat my script works as it should. (did you used the zip version?)
                              Because probably i'm one of the few Rom Modder/developer that provide zip file with these TVBox with MM
                              Remote is a no go, didn't even think to check that as I don't use it. I used img as the zip way didn't work for me.

Comment

UPDATE:
                                I checked v109Fw from VONTAR for MINI M8S+ it's IDENTICAL to V106 it's a VONTAR custmization of the V106 fw it has just the USB Kb fix and a fix in Kodi setting yet in mine custom, so there is nothing new, and something in setting.apk that seem lightly different.
                                So i will not work on a custom rom of it, it has no upgrade in system, no upgrade in fixes.

Comment

Working...
                                X