Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] XTMOD-ATV X96 Max - GT1 and some U211 devices - S905X2 Android 8.1 [Android TV]

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uscool View Post

4G is for 4GB model either 32gb or 64gb, I have the 2GB version so cant try it but Xannytech did before convert 4GB one to work on 2GB hopefully he can do it
    Thanks for the explanation. I was in two minds whether to install. I hope Xanny comes through for you.

Comment

I do not see any difference at all in this newer version of the stock firmware. I still cannot delete files on my external HDD's because the permissions aren't right and the space count is way off. If have TB of space but it is reported as GB in Kodi. Come to think of it FTMC was the only app to get this right, as far as I can recall. The main reason I updated was in the hope that the OTA would be fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie_Boy View Post

Is this for X96Max 4/64
        yeah 4G

Comment

Originally posted by niki7989 View Post

yeah 4G
          Thanks for the link and explanation.

Comment

Sorry for noob question, but can I use twrp to install the img file? I don't have USB male to male cable so can't use USB burning tool. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by dzigg View Post
              Sorry for noob question, but can I use twrp to install the img file? I don't have USB male to male cable so can't use USB burning tool. Thanks!
              No. You need to use the burning tool. What you could do is make you a cable. Do you have 2 cables that have USB ends? If they are not important cables just cut them in half. Then take a couple inches of the black coating off and you will see there is some colored wires inside. Take each wire and take a couple inches off each end and twist them together matching each color. Do not let the wires touch. You can tape each wire as you go along, for example, when you twist the green wire to the green wire, tape it, then move on to the next wire. If you have two spare USB cables it would take less than 5 minutes to cut them and make one USB to USB cable. If you do this I have a tip, use a lighter to get the wire coating off easily. Just take the lighter and hold it about an inch back from the end of the wire for about a second, and the coating will pull off easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Porkie View Post

No. You need to use the burning tool. What you could do is make you a cable. Do you have 2 cables that have USB ends? If they are not important cables just cut them in half. Then take a couple inches of the black coating off and you will see there is some colored wires inside. Take each wire and take a couple inches off each end and twist them together matching each color. Do not let the wires touch. You can tape each wire as you go along, for example, when you twist the green wire to the green wire, tape it, then move on to the next wire. If you have two spare USB cables it would take less than 5 minutes to cut them and make one USB to USB cable. If you do this I have a tip, use a lighter to get the wire coating off easily. Just take the lighter and hold it about an inch back from the end of the wire for about a second, and the coating will pull off easily.
                Thanks for the tips mate! I really appreciate it. Cheers.

Comment

Hello, I have flashed rom for xtmod x96 v3 in my t95q 4/64 .. and the time I've been with it has enchanted me ... congratulations. Good job.

The original remote works! (except the shortcut keys to kd and app)
                  Netflix works on sd +, prime video Does not play video, hdmi cec works sometimes as with the original rom (in my case it works if the tv is on before turning it on)
                  Chromecast (air screen) works great, as well as the original.
                  But the led is always on while it is plugged in.
                  it can you turn the LED off when you turn it off?

And another question,. I've tried other rom before and the launcher android tv had higher resolution, smaller icons, .. would can modify any file to adjust the resolution of the launcher for higher resolution? ..

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie_Boy View Post
                    I do not see any difference at all in this newer version of the stock firmware. I still cannot delete files on my external HDD's because the permissions aren't right and the space count is way off. If have TB of space but it is reported as GB in Kodi. Come to think of it FTMC was the only app to get this right, as far as I can recall. The main reason I updated was in the hope that the OTA would be fixed.
                    Use Root Explorer app.

Comment

Originally posted by tithitoy View Post

Use Root Explorer app.
                      I am aware I can use an app but on my other machine in FTMC I can delete files on my USB HDD's easily. I like to do that on the spot. I have started removing junk from torrent folders now before they get to the HDD's, which is probably the best way to go. I find sudo rm *.torrent works wonders inside my download folder. Then remove the other junk files from folders.

Comment

Can it be installed with Burn Card Maker? I do not have a male-male USB cable

Comment

Originally posted by ojerez View Post
                          Can it be installed with Burn Card Maker? I do not have a male-male USB cable
                          Go post#186

Comment

Originally posted by amincom View Post
                            Go post#186
                            thank you very much I had not seen it

Comment

What is the process to install the rom with Amlogic Usb Burning Tools in a T95Q. I made a cable cutting two that had usb and I do not know if it will be the cable or I'm not doing well to connect it to the computer. Help

Comment

Is there a noise or a popup wen you connect it to your PC? Do you have any other devices that use USB to USB? If so try other devices to see if there is a sound or a popup when you connect it to your PC. Usually when you connect a device for the first time there will be a popup telling you it does not recognize the device or that its installing drivers for the device. The easiest way to know if your PC is recognizing a device is to go to your control panel and find manage devices, cause every time you connect and disconnect a device, the device list will repopulate. When you connect or disconnect a device with the device manager open, the list will disappear for a couple seconds, then come back. So if your PC realizes there is a device being connected, you will instantly know it, cause the device manager will react. If the device manager reacts it means your cable is working. Make sure your PC is also connect to the internet, cause it will have to download drivers

Comment

Working...
                                X