This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM] Sunvell T95Z PLUS / T95K PRO / T95U PRO - 2Gb/16Gb - SCV1 Final ROM

Hi there guys and girls, two more rom's for you all!
    Many thks to gearbest for sending me the device to play
    This is two roms, one only for the T95Z and another to the T95K/U.
    If anyone wants a RGB FIX rom it will be universal for all BUT you will lose the hour display, the led control and the default launcher of this boxes!
    Many Thks to my beta tester trebor

Changelog Final V1:
    • NOT Based on the Stock, only the kernel is from the stock!
    • Netflix, youtube playstore...etc... fully working
    • Fixed Navigation Bar and added power button and quick switch have the X to close all open apps on it!
    • Xbox360 wireless Gamepad, original and Chinese clones?!(well it works with my clone adapter...)
    • CPU/GPU temperature should be a lot better now! (din't test this one on the K and U...)
    • Proper rooted.
    • FTMC 16.1 Build 19
    • initd.d support.
    • Fully deodexed.
    • Network tweaks. (On N networks bw around 30 to 44mbits, and on AC networks from 200 to 230mbits on cable well... from 500mbits to 948mbits) i have a 1Gb/100mbit connection!
    • Permissions fixed.
    • Sleep working, full poweroff also working etc..
    • Kodi Brightness fix (videos...)
    • Brightness fix for the system, if you guys want more or less brightness simple go to "/system/etc/init.d" and edit the file "1brfix" and change the value in here (echo "10") save and on the next boot you have the value you put it. A small bug, the 1º time the box boots after flash, its not working it only start working after 1º reboot/shutdown.
    • Removed background logging.
    • CEC disabled by default.
    • Fixed auto frame switch in kodi. It only works on FTMC(included) SPMC 16.5.5, on kodi 16.1 doesn't work because is to old(misses a lot of fixes for the new S9xx devices)!
    • Gapps Updated!
    • Added Xposed Framework
    • Other small fixes and optimizations!
    Want to buy me a beer?Download:Install instructions:
    • Use usb burning tool....
    1º BOOT TAKES AROUND 6 MINUTES!

THIS ROM DELETES ALL YOUR DATA SO DO A BACKUP!

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Here is a video of the rom in usage on the T95z Plus.

Enjoy it!
    Last edited by superceleron; 11-05-2023, 18:45.

Ok to the guys that want to use the wireless xbox 360 gamepad, to fix the D-PAD Left power menu problem you need to do this:

1) Install Xposed Additions(latest one). Once it's installed, go back to the Xposed Installer, this time selecting "Modules" from its main menu. Tick the box to the right of Xposed Additions (don't tap the name - look for the checkbox and tap that), then reboot again when prompted.

2) After reboot, go to "all apps"(where are all you device installed apps...) and execute Xposed Additions to go to its configuration screen.

3) Select "Buttons", then "Allow External Devices", and tick everything.

4) In the "Keys" section lower down, select "Add new Key", then press left on your controller's dpad. Once you press Ok, DPad Left should show up with "no conditions". Tap it, and "Add new Condition" in there select "screen on", and the "no conditions" now should say "1 condition".

5) close everything

And that is it!

Enjoy it!

Comment

OK, I am interested in this ROM, but EXTREMELY nervous about the implications of installing it on my T95U. Maybe you could ease my worried mind by answering a few questions...

1) Does the front panel remain fully functional with clock, power on/off and LED?
      2) What launcher does it use and how is it configured and updated? Some screenshots would be nice.
      3) Is there an associated TWRP installation? If not, how do I backup and restore?
      4) Can the SU binary be updated from PlayStore without issue?
      5) Is there a way back to stock if it all goes pear shaped?
      6) Will my Rii 8i+ wireless keypad still work?
      7) Anything else that I should be aware of?

Comment

1 yes
        2 later today/tomorrow pending were you live time line etc but basically the same.
        3 maybe soon
        4 yes
        5 why would you want to go back....
        6 too many questions just do it ........
        treboR
        Please consider
        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

thanks again for another s912 tv box superceleron rom SC . greatly apreciatted. Have a happy new year.

Comment

Thks a same to you

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
              1 yes
              2 later today/tomorrow pending were you live time line etc but basically the same.
              3 maybe soon
              4 yes
              5 why would you want to go back....
              6 too many questions just do it ........
              Not exactly a ringing endorsement, however, I am prepared to "just do it"...

...but I have fallen at the first hurdle. I cannot get the USB Burning Tool to see the T95U !

I have tried both direct and indirect (via a hub) connections on USB-2 and USB-3 ports and followed the various tutorials, but nothing works.

I have also tried two different laptops, one with Windows 10 and one with Windows 7. No errors are reported on installation and the "World Cup" driver installs OK.

The version of the USB Burning Tool is v2.0.8. Is this the correct version?

I am booting into Recovery via a long press of the power button.

So what could I possibly be doing wrong?

Comment

1º dont have nothing attached to the box... no hdmi no power plug nothing...
                2º open the app in admin mode load the rom and leave it like that!
                3º connect the usb cable to the PC
                4º with the usb cable connected to the PC, press the reset button and keep it pressed and with it pressed connect the usb cable to the box.
                5º if no detected on that port, do step 4º on the other usb port of the box!
                6º when its detected simple press start and wait until it says 100% and becomes green and press stop.
                7º disconnect the box and connect hdmi cable and power plug and voila!

PS: some PC's dont have enough juice to power one the box, try another pc if that happens!

Comment

Originally posted by Yemble View Post

Not exactly a ringing endorsement, however, I am prepared to "just do it"...
                  Sorry it was heading towards NYE,
                  Supercelerons rom don't need endorsement they just work and good to see you had a go,
                  Now the flashing part, can be a pain. but it will happen.
                  treboR
                  Please consider
                  Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Yap like trebor says is a pain sometimes the flash but with calm and perseverance it get done!

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post
                      Yap like trebor says is a pain sometimes the flash but with calm and perseverance it get done!
                      Many thanks for the installation instructions !

PITA is a gross understatement, I tried for hours to get this working before you posted your instructions! You should not assume that everyone just knows all of this stuff, there is a first time for everything after all. Suggest that you pin these installation instructions with your first post.

I would like to add that the correct USB port for flashing is the rear one, not the one at the side. With the correct instructions I was able to successfully flash my T95U directly from a Windows 10 x64 laptop.

Now some feedback (initial observations)...

What I like...

1) Full control over SU which can be properly updated via PlayStore, including binaries.
                      2) No more un-installable bloatware !
                      3) Front LED can be turned off.

What I am neutral about...

1) Re-branded Kodi 16 seems pointless - I de-installed it and re-installed Kodi 17.
                      2) Not that keen on the FreakTab.com boot logo - I much prefer the animated logo from the original ROM (can the original logo be re-flashed?).

What I am disappointed about...

1) ALL of the bottom TaskBar icons are missing - how do I switch them on?
                      2) I was expecting a different look and functionality from the GUI launcher, but it is identical to the stock one.

I have not had time to give Kodi a thorough test, but I did manage to restore all of my Add-ons and Settings from a NAS backup, before streaming an episode of Blake's 7 via IpVanish without issue.

Comment

DOWNLOAD HERE FINAL V1 FOR T95K/U PRO
                        MD5: 4A8B15CEE383D24FDDB74F40B186F553
                        Happy new year from Germany.

I bought a T95U PRO TV box. I am happy so far, but there are two things, which driving me crazy.
                        1. The Bluetooth keyboard lost connection when the box will be turned on after standby modus. Also after a while, when we are watching a movie. The only chance is to go in settings and turn off bluetooth adapter. After turning the Bluetooth adapter on, the keyboard is connected again.
                        2. The green flashes when watching movies.

I hope your update fixes these problems.

Now my problem. I don´t know if your update is also for my box. When i start the box, i get an intro with the sing from EDAL. I opened my box and i cant find the SUNVELL logo. I think my box is the same as the SUNVELL box. I put three pictures in these message. It would be nice, if someone can check if your update is also good for my box.

Thanks for your help.
                        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Thanks for this!
                          Finally got it installed (that recovery button is a bugger on the T95Z Plus lol)
                          Look forward to trying it out

Donation on its way from Ottawa, Canada
                          Last edited by lyricidal; 01-01-2017, 21:00. Reason: had to donate for your work :)

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post

Happy new year from Germany.

I bought a T95U PRO TV box. I am happy so far, but there are two things, which driving me crazy.
                            1. The Bluetooth keyboard lost connection when the box will be turned on after standby modus. Also after a while, when we are watching a movie. The only chance is to go in settings and turn off bluetooth adapter. After turning the Bluetooth adapter on, the keyboard is connected again.
                            2. The green flashes when watching movies.

I hope your update fixes these problems.

Now my problem. I don´t know if your update is also for my box. When i start the box, i get an intro with the sing from EDAL. I opened my box and i cant find the SUNVELL logo. I think my box is the same as the SUNVELL box. I put three pictures in these message. It would be nice, if someone can check if your update is also good for my box.

Thanks for your help.
                            This ROM is the correct one for the T95U, regardless of whose branding is on the case! If it has a red metal case then it IS a Sunvell T95U. Although in your case, the colour is black rather than red!

Comment

Originally posted by lyricidal View Post
                              Thanks for this!
                              Finally got it installed (that recovery button is a bugger on the T95Z Plus lol)
                              Look forward to trying it out
                              Did you try holding the power button in for around six seconds? This puts the T95U into Recovery code.

Comment

Working...
                              X