This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yemble View Post

Many thanks for the installation instructions !

What I am disappointed about...

1) ALL of the bottom TaskBar icons are missing - how do I switch them on?
    2) I was expecting a different look and functionality from the GUI launcher, but it is identical to the stock one.

I have not had time to give Kodi a thorough test, but I did manage to restore all of my Add-ons and Settings from a NAS backup, before streaming an episode of Blake's 7 via IpVanish without issue.
    1 You can drag task bar up or down, not there all the time....annoying thing it was.
    2 Already answered Basically the same. if you loose the launcher you loose the clock/led function

* Rebranded Kodi Hmmm lot to learn....read the FTMC thread.

Hope you made a Donation for his fine work.

treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by Yemble View Post

Many thanks for the installation instructions !

PITA is a gross understatement, I tried for hours to get this working before you posted your instructions! You should not assume that everyone just knows all of this stuff, there is a first time for everything after all. Suggest that you pin these installation instructions with your first post.

I would like to add that the correct USB port for flashing is the rear one, not the one at the side. With the correct instructions I was able to successfully flash my T95U directly from a Windows 10 x64 laptop.

Now some feedback (initial observations)...

What I like...

1) Full control over SU which can be properly updated via PlayStore, including binaries.
      2) No more un-installable bloatware !
      3) Front LED can be turned off.

What I am neutral about...

1) Re-branded Kodi 16 seems pointless - I de-installed it and re-installed Kodi 17.
      2) Not that keen on the FreakTab.com boot logo - I much prefer the animated logo from the original ROM (can the original logo be re-flashed?).

What I am disappointed about...

1) ALL of the bottom TaskBar icons are missing - how do I switch them on?
      2) I was expecting a different look and functionality from the GUI launcher, but it is identical to the stock one.

I have not had time to give Kodi a thorough test, but I did manage to restore all of my Add-ons and Settings from a NAS backup, before streaming an episode of Blake's 7 via IpVanish without issue.

Kinda not to happy on your comments so hears some pointers on posting even if your not happy about items in a custom build.

1- Donate then your opinion would matter little more.
      2- Read the entire Thread posts. It says launcher everything the same and the fixes (over 20 on this alone not counting his kernel fixes but hey if its not better then stock go back to stock then. )

3- Read the Ftmc thread and your missing the items put in by Superceleron (including passthrough last build) But if your happy with Kodi latest great. Youll notice it works a bit better in Superceleron build because of a few kernel changes.

4- Read and learn how to change the logo. It is posted we wont tell you this time and give you a chance to learn how to use the search menu on Freaktab.

5. Developers work hard making fixes to improve your crap device. A little comment saying Thanks for your excellent work goes along way more then just bashing the build.

Happy New Year.
      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post

Kinda not to happy on your comments so hears some pointers on posting even if your not happy about items in a custom build.

1- Donate then your opinion would matter little more.
        2- Read the entire Thread posts. It says launcher everything the same and the fixes (over 20 on this alone not counting his kernel fixes but hey if its not better then stock go back to stock then. )

3- Read the Ftmc thread and your missing the items put in by Superceleron (including passthrough last build) But if your happy with Kodi latest great. Youll notice it works a bit better in Superceleron build because of a few kernel changes.

4- Read and learn how to change the logo. It is posted we wont tell you this time and give you a chance to learn how to use the search menu on Freaktab.

5. Developers work hard making fixes to improve your crap device. A little comment saying Thanks for your excellent work goes along way more then just bashing the build.

Happy New Year.
        Gents, please don't misunderstand what I have said.

I have spent many years of my life as a professional software developer and I always valued honest feedback from customers, whether good or bad. A first impression can only be attained once and can contain useful information that is not normally forthcoming.

I believe in giving an honest opinion and I will not apologise for doing so, however, this was only a reflection of my first impressions following a tortuous afternoon getting it installed (I was not in the best of moods).

You are correct in stating that I should have given credit to SuperCeleron and I do apologise for that. This mod addresses all of my major gripes with the original F/W, specifically, the full control of SU and the removal of the persistent bloatware, LED on/off, etc. and for that I am extremely thankful.

As for the missing TaskBar icons, it was impossible to get either bar to display using my Rii 8i+ keypad, or the standard remote. However, I did find a fix...

I installed and configured the Navigation Bar rooted app from PlayStore. This puts up a virtual bar which works fine. After doing this, I noticed that my keypad could now successfully drag the TaskBar up from its hidden position using a held left mouse button combined with an upwards drag on the keypad. This had not worked previously. So I then de-installed the Navigation Bar app and was pleased to see that the bar could still be dragged up from the keypad. Problem resolved :-)

So there may be a glitch in the install, but it is easily fixable. Hopefully this is useful info for others.

So I would now add...

4) Full set of TaskBar icons easily addressable from wireless keypad.
        5) Remove all recently run tasks button on task list (I didn't spot that previously).

...to my What I like list and remove the associated comment from the What I don't like list.

I think that your comment about the T95U being a cr@p device is a little harsh. Sure the total lack of official support is appalling, but given it's bargain basement price, the device performs exceptionally well for 1080p content (I don't give a monkey's about 4K). At least it does for me via HDMI into my Denon X2000 AVR.

HNY :-)
        Last edited by Yemble; 01-02-2017, 12:58.

Comment

If you got to see just how bad this firmware was from manufacturer you would understand my comment re crap device.
          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

All ok!

I made the bar hidden because of the 1º boot the 1º config look weird with it on!
            So i fixed the hide function so you guys could chose if it shows or not, and added the missing virtual buttons to it! and added the X to app switch (task list).
            FTMC or SPMC works a lot better than kodi 17, well i now don't recommend 17 to anyone that uses amlogic/rockchip tv boxes. (besides i dint like the changes they made)
            This mod uses only 30% of the original rom
            And you are welcome, and enjoy your device!

Comment

Hello again from Germany.

I would like to give a short feedback from my side.
              I did flash my box. And finally it works!!!! Thank you very very very much for your (and your team) excellent work, superceleron.

I had some trouble with the flashing USB-Burning-Tool. I spent hours on 4 different PC´s and Laptops. But no success. Every time I got the "low power" failure. I tried it on each USB port with or without USB HUB. Nothing worked. I was so close to buy an Y USB cable, in the hope that i get double power with it.
              However, to keep a long story short, finally I made it with a different version of USB-Burning-Tool. I used the version 2.0.7.2. on my customary laptop. ;-)

With your firmware all my problems are solved.
              Keyboard is connected all the time and until now, no green flashes while watching movies.

Now I am really happy with my box and didn't regret that I bought it.

Thanks again to the ROM developer(s). Hope you will never loose your enthusiasm on developing ROM´s.

Donation will follow.

Live long and prosper !! ;-)

Comment

There are some really good stuff on this site, and first a big thanks to the contributors.
                And I am these day’s old enough to pay for what I do use and find useful so when custom firmware gets used it will be with a deserved donation as well.

I hope you can answer a couple of questions to clarify.
                FTMC latest build 19 seams to fix and work with audio pass-trough (very interested of that fix), do that have as a requirement this custom firmware or does that also work on v05 for the t95u?

The Sunvell t95v pro looks from the specs exactly like (as far as I can tell) the t95u pro (bought one by mistake before I did read up and got my t95u pro ) and the only difference is it now lists as a mbox with the loaded firmware and have one of those tos connectors that requires a adaptor. Would you think/know if it maybe would work out with this custom build on that one?

Is there any internal check/safety at all when you try to load a firmware if it’s correct one or is it use the wrong one and you ruin it.

-tv99

Comment

Glad you guys like it

tv99 Yes you can use FTMC on all other boxes, stock or custom!
                  I have a friend with that t95v box, when he try's the my rom on it i will post here is it works ok or not!

Comment

Originally posted by tv99 View Post
                    There are some really good stuff on this site, and first a big thanks to the contributors.
                    And I am these day’s old enough to pay for what I do use and find useful so when custom firmware gets used it will be with a deserved donation as well.

I hope you can answer a couple of questions to clarify.
                    FTMC latest build 19 seams to fix and work with audio pass-trough (very interested of that fix), do that have as a requirement this custom firmware or does that also work on v05 for the t95u?

The Sunvell t95v pro looks from the specs exactly like (as far as I can tell) the t95u pro (bought one by mistake before I did read up and got my t95u pro ) and the only difference is it now lists as a mbox with the loaded firmware and have one of those tos connectors that requires a adaptor. Would you think/know if it maybe would work out with this custom build on that one?

Is there any internal check/safety at all when you try to load a firmware if it’s correct one or is it use the wrong one and you ruin it.

-tv99
                    Hello tv99,

it seems to be that your box is exactly the same as mine and the sunvell. To be sure open your box. On the bottom are 4 tiny little screws and look on the silver chip and compare it with my photos which i posted in post #12. As you see, my box color is black. But under the case it is the same as sunvell, a T95U PRO.
                    If you decide to flash your firmware, pay attention to posts #8 and #1 (here what is written in red!) The first boot after flashing takes about 6 min time. Don´t loose patience!!! ;-)

What i can say, these ROM is a must have for these box. Otherwise you´ll have a Mercedes engine, inside a VW Beetle 1900. ;-)

In the end it is your decision and your risk.

There can be always risk by flashing the box.

I´m pushing both thumbs.

Let us know if it worked.

Comment

superceleron

I think that there maybe something amiss with the power configuration in this ROM, at least it is rather different from the stock T95U. This is particularly pertinent to those of us who connect the TV box via an AVR, rather than directly to a TV.

1) Once the TV box is booted up, the front power button appears to get disabled and has no function, making it difficult to power the box down if the screen is off.
                      2) The power button on the TV box remote no longer shuts down the box with immediate effect. Instead it displays a power off dialog which requires a further two presses of the OK button on the remote, before the shutdown commences (surely this cannot be correct?).
                      3) Soft APP based functions such as shutdown / reboot / recovery / etc. continue to work as expected and initiate commands with immediate effect (but obviously this requires the screen to be on).

To get round this issue when connected to an AVR and using a Harmony remote you need to do the following:

1) On the Harmony remote, add two additional OK commands to the power on/off command sequence of the AndroidTV device (Harmony advanced configuration).
                      2) On the Harmony remote, make sure that AndroidTV device is last in the power up sequence for the activity, by default Harmony will put it first. If AndroidTV starts before the AVR, then you will get a blank screen.
                      3) On the TV box, disable HDMI-CEC which should prevent the box from starting up erroneously when the AVR switches HDMI inputs.
                      4) On the TV box set the Power Key Definition to Shutdown.

Comment

ive installed this rom and its really good. seems much better than stock.

Comment

I have installed this rom. No problems so far.
                          Seems a lot faster.

Comment

Any word on HD Audio with this rom ?

Comment

Hi!

Thank you for the release!
                              I am newby here. I have a t95z plus box and suffering from that the video freezes after about 70mins of playback. (1+2/3 episode or ca 70 mins of movie)
                              I have searched all over the net (well, maybe not all over, but spent quite much time with it) I am not much a tech guy.
                              I wonder if this rom can solve my issue?
                              Thanks in advance!
                              Sunvell T95Z Plus

Comment

Well i dont know if it fixes that problem since i have the same box and dont have it...
                                But i can tell this rom is a lot better than stock and maybe it fixes that problem!

Comment

Working...
                                X