This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yemble View Post

Yes me! I hate the Kodi 16 interface and I run Kodi 17 on several other devices, Android and Windows. Beats me why anyone sticks with v16.

On my setup, HDMI via Denon AVR, Kodi streams movies and TV perfectly from Exodus, which is pretty much all I use Kodi for.
    You just need the 64 bit ARM apk from the Kodi site right? No other weird tricks it just installs fine? Had a headache tryin to install Kodi 17 on S905X box but i don't think that is true 64 bit.

Comment

Cant run kodi 64 on a 32 bit os. So no cant use kodi 64. And re hating kodi 16

Ftmc is a Acquired taste that is a blend of knowledge and Taste. There is always someone wanting a beer at a wine event.
      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

My greeting's guys, so i have installed this rom on my t95z plus,the problem is i can no longer join ANY wifi network's (although wifi is clearly turned on). when i hit turn on wifi via settings, there are no available networks to join.I have been using superceleron's rom's for quiet a bit now and never have i had any issues at all with them. Im thinking the boxes wifi module is not as advertised and that is why i am having issues. Is there a way to check if the wifi adapter in my box is compatible with this ROM? I do not know if this will help but my box wifi MAC address is 02:00:00:00:00 an according to google it should not be.... i would truly appreciate any advise you guys can give me.
        Thanks guys

Comment

o_O that is a weird mac(and invalid one), flash the stock rom again and see if it fixes the problem.
          If yes, them im lost since i dint change nothing mac related!

Comment

Originally posted by Pestro View Post
            My greeting's guys, so i have installed this rom on my t95z plus,the problem is i can no longer join ANY wifi network's (although wifi is clearly turned on). when i hit turn on wifi via settings, there are no available networks to join.I have been using superceleron's rom's for quiet a bit now and never have i had any issues at all with them. Im thinking the boxes wifi module is not as advertised and that is why i am having issues. Is there a way to check if the wifi adapter in my box is compatible with this ROM? I do not know if this will help but my box wifi MAC address is 02:00:00:00:00 an according to google it should not be.... i would truly appreciate any advise you guys can give me.
            Thanks guys
            My Wifi Mac is the same and I haven't had any issues.

EDIT:

I had to hard-wire because I was having intermittent wifi issues. Sometimes it would connect just fine but most of the time it would connect/disconnect and cycle for an hour or so before it would finally stick. This was also on the stock rom with v1 & v5 updates. Sometimes if I reset my Rogers modem (Hitron) it would connect quicker but it was never consistent.
            Last edited by DanDrunk; 01-14-2017, 23:29.

Comment

Tried installing google calendar and found Calendar Storage has been removed. I had to install this to fix:

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                Cant run kodi 64 on a 32 bit os. So no cant use kodi 64. And re hating kodi 16

Ftmc is a Acquired taste that is a blend of knowledge and Taste. There is always someone wanting a beer at a wine event.
                s912 isnt 64 bit? so the 32 bit version should work fine then?

Comment

Correct

Comment

Installing this rom was very easy. Worked first try at least once I remembered I had to put the box in recovery mode. Once i did it popped right up on amlogic tool. I thought it was my powered usb hub before i realized i wasnt booted into recovery, and the hub sees it fine too. Seems the only really important parts are start the burning tool as admin and have the recovery button held down in the av port before plugging in.

Cool that you can power it off USB, i might see if my tv usb port has enough juice to power it, save an outlet... My router certainly does and it is plugged into the ethernet so why not the router for power too

If anyone can advise which TWRP to flash on this, please do let me know, i really would appreciate it

PS I do not think ethernet works. It worked on stock rom but only for me wifi works with this rom. At least the wifi works but i really would like it if ethernet worked again. Anything i could do to help superceleron ? t95k pro

Also some apps I noticed default to phone layout whereas they used to be full screen. any way to get this back to full screen? thanks! - FIXED - Installed a program to control rotation and force landscape mode
                    Last edited by permabanned_pete; 01-15-2017, 22:28.

Comment

Hi

I'm using the ROM connected by Ethernet, have you tried a static IP?

I used Titanium backup for saving my apps

Comment

Originally posted by eddieaok View Post
                        Hi

I'm using the ROM connected by Ethernet, have you tried a static IP?

I used Titanium backup for saving my apps
                        I cant even get to the ethernet settings, just wifi/bluetooth/vpn....

Is it a problem that i am using usb for power and not AC?

Comment

Finally @superceleron i have this version of rom( t95z) patched to my NEXBOX A1 with Customization Tool!!
                          what about this RGB FIX rom ?
                          are you going to upload it?
                          and one more
                          do you have a TWRP for this rom t95z without error 17?
                          thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by kostasbmw View Post
                            can i do the burn with an sd card????and if yes is there a procedure???thanks
                            YES. I just successfully* installed it via SD Card method on my T95Z Plus because I couldn't get the USB burning tool to recognize my device with multiple male to male USB cords, drivers, and version of the tool.

Steps I used to install superceleron's T95Z rom via SD card:
                            • Download: superceleron's T95Z rom (page 1)
                            • Extract the .img file from the downloaded zip file
                            • Connect a blank SD card to your computer
                            • Download: Burn Card Maker: http://download2228.mediafire.com/49...i169vzi/TF.rar
                            • Open Burn Card Maker
                              • Configure the settings (see attached screenshot) Click image for larger version  Name:	Untitled.png Views:	1 Size:	17.1 KB ID:	622553
                                • Select your connected SD card in the drop down menu at the top
                                • Uncheck the top right checkbox “bootloader”.
                                • Check the other 3 checkboxes.
                                • Select the .img file from superceleron's T95Z rom
                              • Click the OK buttom at the bottom right to begin burning to SD card
                            • After burn process is completed, insert SD card into your T95Z
                            • Reboot T95Z into recovery using toothpick method
                            • The T95Z will automatically begin installing update from the SD card
                            • Be patient while it install. My Device was loading on “Freaktab.com” boot screen for 5-10min.
                            *my Wifi device will not turn on my T95Z Plus. HOWEVER, I had this problem before flashed superceleron’s rom, so I don’t think it is an issue. My wifi stopped working after I flashed Sunvell’s OTA update onto a non-Sunvell T95Z. I was hoping this would fix that, but it did not. Not a big deal since LAN ethernet connection works just fine.

THANK YOU to superceleron for this rom! I wanted to get away from all the stock OTA updates and you made this possible. You have made my day and many to come

…....I would like to figure out why the Wifi doesn’t work, though. When I try to enable Wifi in settings, it says "“Please turn on Wi-Fi”" and but under “"Wi-Fi device”" it won’t let me change from Off to On. My Wi-Fi MAC address is 02:00:00:00:00:00, too. That’s clearly bogus. I think the device just isn’t recognizing the internal wifi adapter.
                            Is there a way I can try different drivers or kernels or whatever to see if I can get it to recognize the Wifi?

Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by permabanned_pete View Post

Also some apps I noticed default to phone layout whereas they used to be full screen. any way to get this back to full screen? thanks! - FIXED - Installed a program to control rotation and force landscape mode
                              You don't need any additional apps. Just go into "Settings/Display/Screen Rotation" then select "force land"

Comment

Originally posted by gatos814 View Post
                                Finally @superceleron i have this version of rom( t95z) patched to my NEXBOX A1 with Customization Tool!!
                                what about this RGB FIX rom ?
                                are you going to upload it?
                                and one more
                                do you have a TWRP for this rom t95z without error 17?
                                thank you!
                                Do you have the rgb(green or pink screen) problem? And i need some free time to do it(not much this week)
                                TWRP is abdul_pt territory!

Comment

Working...
                                X