Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And... I'm golden. Not only does the box run faster. Using KODI shitty build I have full DTS with no drop out. Shout out to SuperCeleron. Appreciate you taking the time to do stuff like this. Loving the firmware.

Only thing is when I turn off the XPlayer it would turn off my TV and doesnt do that anymore. Also I could have sworn it would stay on until I turned it off and now it seems if the device isnt doing anything it automatically turns off (or maybe it is going to sleep). Either way it doesn't outweigh the benefits I achieved.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybee View Post
      This has Android 6.0.1 and netflix installed.
      Thanks Teddy

FYI Netflix for Android TV still doesn't work :-( The regular Phone/tablet Netflix from the Google store always worked. I'll but that on my list to tinker at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Jokerchyld View Post
        And... I'm golden. Not only does the box run faster. Using KODI shitty build I have full DTS with no drop out. Shout out to SuperCeleron. Appreciate you taking the time to do stuff like this. Loving the firmware.

Only thing is when I turn off the XPlayer it would turn off my TV and doesnt do that anymore. Also I could have sworn it would stay on until I turned it off and now it seems if the device isnt doing anything it automatically turns off (or maybe it is going to sleep). Either way it doesn't outweigh the benefits I achieved.
        Please refer to post #25...

Comment

Great rom! Original one was really crap!
          Got some questions tough! :-) When using my 3rd party wireless receiver for XBOX360-controller the round light on the controller wont stop blinking. Why is that?
          Secondly I wonder if there is a smart way to zoom with external mouse/keyboard.

/David

Comment

Hi daspunner have you tried installing assistive zoom from the playstore you just drag the plus minus symbols with your remote to zoom reduce.

Comment

I did but not really what I want but It'll do for now.

Comment

where twrp for flasher?

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post
                  What you have in "system/video/acceleration->Enable HQ scalers for scaling above"?
                  I try with low/medium/hight.
                  Nothing resolve my problem.

But if I try to change audio decoding it's worst. The video jerky so much.

With standard configuration it is light.

I read on Kodi forum, s912 isn't recommanded.

For information, Iit's video HD 1080p 10bit x265 + DTS or AC3.

Thanks
                  Last edited by xneon; 02-05-2017, 18:50.

Comment

Originally posted by xneon View Post

I read on Kodi forum, s912 isn't recommanded.

For information, Iit's video HD 1080p 10bit x265 + DTS or AC3.

Thanks
                    I don't think its an s912 problem, maybe wrong A/V sync or encoding in the source. Try out on S905, probably the result will be the same.

Comment

Yes i bet it is a wrong encoding!
                      I dont have problems playing 1080p h265 10bits, now if it is h264 10 bits then yes this chips dont do it!

Comment

Is there a way to hide status bar in this rom? I use a plasma screen and those dont like fixed images for long times. Some apps hides status bar automatically so it should be possible, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Jokerchyld View Post

Thanks Teddy

FYI Netflix for Android TV still doesn't work :-( The regular Phone/tablet Netflix from the Google store always worked. I'll but that on my list to tinker at some point.
                          This will output hd on none widevine l1 but as you said android tv version still not supportet..

http://199.175.53.21/netflixlatest.hdonly.apk (Force Enable HD only)
                          http://199.175.53.21/netflixlatest.ultrahd.apk (Force Enable UltraHD only)
                          http://199.175.53.21/netflixlatest.u...thdolby5.1.apk (Force Enable UltraHD with Dolby 5.1)

Comment

superceleron - many thanks for taking the time to work on this (great thread). This may have been asked before & if so apologies!

I'm hearing that the main gripe with the AMLOGIC S912 boxes is the very dark play back on Kodi (me no exception). There is a well known fix for this, namely disabling acceleration under video in Kodi, then adjusting brightness/contrast, but this also (I believe) disables 4h playback. As my TV is 4k (ergo I'm missing out) my question is whether your firmware update resolves this, or is there a fix in the mix??? if it wasn't for this (which seems to be a very widespread issue) the S912boxes would be great, as all else (with mine at least) works smoothly.

Totally unrelated but has anyone else experienced a weird issue with the remote with the Sunwell S912 boxes? With mine the arrow keys (only the arrow keys) dont work on the remote. To fix I have to disconnect the box from the mains (they then work) but when going back in after shutting down the issue with the arrow keys is back! Werid one but bloody annoying.

Comment

Hello, I have the RGB issue (Philips TV). Can I have a rom without this problem please?

Comment

On my T95u pro, after flashing this rom, i have led status changing color from green to blue continuously...there is a way to stopping it?
                                Last edited by fantonima; 02-08-2017, 11:31.

Comment

Working...
                                X