This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tombraga View Post
    More 2 friends of mine got the box this days and also no issues with Ethernet.

And it's not you to tell me what I can write here.
    Yes i?m not, but when people write in a forum is to ask for help or to help someone.
    This is the right place because is a forem with Dev?s that make costum firmwares.

No one is saying the i?m the only one with this problem.

if you go to russian foruns from the dev Sasvlad,other users are reporting that is really something wrong with ethernet in this box.

Comment

OK.. Gents let keep it cool...
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

This are your comments in XDA community and this is what you are calling to ask for help?

"... I made the mistake to bought one and is full of problems. Beelink support in none existence. Only depends on some custom firmware from devs.
        First problem, there are 3 versions os the same box SN:922X or SN:95X2 that are identical, and SN:B922 with diferent Ram, and firmware update can turn bootloop if you did use the wrong rom.

But the main issue is the ethernet, that don?t work, for B922 ( the one i have) none of the firmwares fixed that.
        I now order a USb 2 ethernet ( 1gb) adapter) because is impossible to work with the internal ethernet.

Don?t know is is firmware or hardware related ( poor quality parts or assemble).
        I would return this to Geekbuing, if they honor that de returns where made to Europe, and now they tellme to send it to Hong Kong.

Shame on you Beelink, Shame on you Geekbuing, Never again i will buy from this brands.... "

Comment

What my post in xda have to do to this?
          ​​​​​​My post Has in a review thread, and i write that so People avoid to buy a faulty box.

Yes if it could return it i would, but i need to send it to Hong Kong, and with the p&p of it, i could had bought a shield.

So im stick with it, and because of that i asking for help.

But i see that you choose my posts to brag that you have a full working box, and no one else could have the same problem because every thing is find with yous.

But like the moderador says, lets keep it friendly, please take your route, that i will take mine

Comment

Hello,
            Guys I think (my opinion only) what has happened here is that this doesn't effect all boxes and it's random that some boxes do work with Ethernet just fine and other boxes don't. Beelink stated on their forum that they've tried to replicate the issue on their end and where not able to replicate it. So it could be what they had mentioned, that it might be that the Ethernet port is not soldered on the board properly. There could be a bad batch of boxes out there which can happen and has happened with a lot of different manufactures in the past when it comes to certain things not being soldered on boards properly. So It seems like some boxes are effected by it and some are not. So that being said, I would think that the Ethernet port is not soldered on the board properly on some of these boxes but not all of them. So no firmware will fix this if this is the real issue, which very likely it could be. I think we should drop this subject until or unless we have more concrete information.
            Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

Originally posted by ALVATECH View Post
              Hello,
              Guys I think (my opinion only) what has happened here is that this doesn't effect all boxes and it's random that some boxes do work with Ethernet just fine and other boxes don't. Beelink stated on their forum that they've tried to replicate the issue on their end and where not able to replicate it. So it could be what they had mentioned, that it might be that the Ethernet port is not soldered on the board properly. There could be a bad batch of boxes out there which can happen and has happened with a lot of different manufactures in the past when it comes to certain things not being soldered on boards properly. So It seems like some boxes are effected by it and some are not. So that being said, I would think that the Ethernet port is not soldered on the board properly on some of these boxes but not all of them. So no firmware will fix this if this is the real issue, which very likely it could be. I think we should drop this subject until or unless we have more concrete information.
              Thank you,

Alvatech
              Tks for your reply. I has hoping for a firmware probleam, but i translated also the russian forum and people are reporting HW problem qith the Ethernet port is not soldered. If that is the case let?s hope some one make a hardware fix tutorial. and i will order a USB2Ethernet Gigabit Adapter.
              Regards

Comment

• trebor
                trebor commented
                Editing a comment
                Would like to see some clear close up pictures of this.. ?

Originally posted by ki69 View Post

Tks for your reply. I has hoping for a firmware probleam, but i translated also the russian forum and people are reporting HW problem qith the Ethernet port is not soldered. If that is the case let?s hope some one make a hardware fix tutorial. and i will order a USB2Ethernet Gigabit Adapter.
              Regards
              Yeah, I see a lot of other posts mentioning the same thing. Not sure how easy it would be to re-solder or fix the board but maybe something will come up if it is indeed that.
              Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

Originally posted by ALVATECH View Post

Yeah, I see a lot of other posts mentioning the same thing. Not sure how easy it would be to re-solder or fix the board but maybe something will come up if it is indeed that.
                Thank you,

Alvatech
                All you need is a soldering pencil and some solder, look for internet connector and melt all the solder point that connect the internet connector the the board..its very easy. Its worth a try you cant hurt anything.

Comment

Originally posted by raruba View Post

All you need is a soldering pencil and some solder, look for internet connector and melt all the solder point that connect the internet connector the the board..its very easy. Its worth a try you cant hurt anything.
                  My box doesn't have an issue, it seems other users do though. But I'm sure if someone doesn't feel comfortable doing this on their own box they can probably take it in to get this done at an electronic shop or computer repair place. But yeah I'm sure it would be pretty easy to re-heat and let some solder flow in.
                  Thank you,

Alvatech
                  Last edited by ALVATECH; 08-12-2019, 22:28.

Comment

Hello friends, I just want to pass on the info that this firmware on the sister model "Orbsmart S86" works for me. Thanks a lot for this.

Comment

Originally posted by catshome View Post
                      Hello friends, I just want to pass on the info that this firmware on the sister model "Orbsmart S86" works for me. Thanks a lot for this.

Thanks for the info. The box looks identical to the GT-King, but it looks like they just re-branded it. Good to know.
                      Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

Great. Is there any place i can find Stock room of this box? Maybe i could use it in my b922 box,

Sid you update with version for b922 or to 922x??

Comment

Originally posted by ki69 View Post

Great. Is there any place i can find Stock room of this box? Maybe i could use it in my b922 box,

Sid you update with version for b922 or to 922x??
                          Unfortunately, I have not yet found a stock image for the Orbsmart S86. However, I was able to successfully flash the stock image of the GT-King on my S86. I have used the B922 rom version. The serial number of my Orbsmart S86 is S86220719125. Maybe that helps.

Comment

Incidentally, i noticed that under Android DTS-HD and Dolby Atmos with the standard Movie Player can not be played correctly. The video plays too fast here, and the sound is disturbed. Tested with a HEVC Main 10@L4@High MKV Video (Star Trek - Into Darkness). Under CoreELEC there are no problems with the HD sound formats. The hardware can pass that through correctly

Comment

Unfortunately, I have not yet found a stock image for the Orbsmart S86. However, I was able to successfully flash the stock image of the GT-King on my S86. I have used the B922 rom version. The serial number of my Orbsmart S86 is S86220719125. Maybe that helps.
                              Great is good to know, that this is equivalent of B922 Rom version.

If the ethernet bug is a firmware problem from Beelink, and if Onsmart eventualy release a firmware update, i can use it to Gt king. Or better, some of the devs use it as base of costum firmware.

Comment

Working...
                              X