Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Beelink GT1 / Alfawise S92 Stock & Nano Nexus ROMs (Android 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
    I think I've got a workaround for the Bluetooth audio stutter on the Longsys LTM8830.

It seems the Shiningworth All-in-One firmware does a runtime check to determine the wireless chipset, then loads a Broadcom (libbt-vendor.so) or Qualcomm (libbt-vendor-qcom.so) Bluetooth vendor library depending on the results. Currently, it's getting the match wrong for the Longsys LTM8830, which is a Qualcomm QCA9377 clone.

To correct this on an affected device:

1. Reboot into TWRP Recovery and mount the System partition.
    2. Open TWRP File Manager and delete /system/vendor/lib/libbt-vendor.so.
    3. Rename libbt-vendor-qcom.so to libbt-vendor.so.
    4. Reboot to System

You shouldn't need to wipe data or cache, and there are no new files needed. It should just load the Qualcomm vendor library from that point on and the audio stutter should be gone.
    Hi Magendanz,

Many thanks for keeping the beelink hopes alive Just flashed this ROM (the latest changelog). All working well, most issues resolved but one.

Still not able to get a stable wifi connection. I have flashed almost all ROMs available out there, but none has provided stable wifi connection.

Bluetooth stutter observed, trying to fix as per your post above, will report back soon.

Please help get the wifi issue fixed. I've tried almost all techniques, removed/reset wpa config file, reconfigured my modem to wpa-tkip which appears to be a little more stable but at the cost of bandwidth. Assigned static IP, but everything in vain so far

​​​​​​​This wifi issue is freaking me out. Help me if there is a fix out there.

Comment

So, there are 2 problems.

1. The power buttpn doesn't actually turn the box off, it reboots it.
      2. After deleting and renaming to Libbt-vendor.so, Bluetooth doesn't connect with any of the bluetooth devices. It does pair, but never connects. Error: unable to communicate with xyz..device.

​​​​​ Hope this helps. Also, the wifi problem still persists.

Rgds

​​​

Comment

I'm so sorry, here's a quick update, bluetooth stutter issue resolved. Required a power recycle.Now, connecting and working well. Also, the issue with power off got fixed as well.

Only one major issue left...wifi connectivity. Rest all positive

Many thanks.

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Cool. Remember that you can change the behavior of the power button in Settings->Powerkey definition.

Ultimately, I'd like to get a proper fix for the BT audio stutter, but that will require updating the Shiningworth runtime check to use libbt-vendor-qcom.so for the LTM8830. Given that the check is probably occurring in a binary file, changing that without source could be very difficult.

Yup, a good ROM finally in the making! Except for the age old wifi connectivity problem. I have seen this wifi problem on many android tv boxes with similar SoCs. My MX9 Pro also has this problem.

​​​​​​Any idea why exactly the wifi continuously disconnects on these boxes? I have been unable to figure out so far

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          The Qualcomm drivers have not been well maintained, and they still rely on the kernel compatibility layer (compat.ko).

I see...very poor drivers indeed, beelink should really do something about it, all they are doing is nothing!. The Wifi literally shivers in front of encryption of any kind
        ​​​​​​
        Just so you know, one thing I have noticed, that after fixing the bluetooth issue as per your steps, the wifi somehow has been quite stable (dropped only once in about 5 hours of watchtime, and then too got connected again quickly) Not sure how, it may just be a coincidence or something good has happened for real. Is there ever going to be a fix to this problem?

Otherwise, each one of us may have to dump these boxes sooner or later

Rgds

Comment

Originally posted by Vineet View Post

Hi Magendanz,

Many thanks for keeping the beelink hopes alive Just flashed this ROM (the latest changelog). All working well, most issues resolved but one.

Still not able to get a stable wifi connection. I have flashed almost all ROMs available out there, but none has provided stable wifi connection.

Bluetooth stutter observed, trying to fix as per your post above, will report back soon.

Please help get the wifi issue fixed. I've tried almost all techniques, removed/reset wpa config file, reconfigured my modem to wpa-tkip which appears to be a little more stable but at the cost of bandwidth. Assigned static IP, but everything in vain so far

This wifi issue is freaking me out. Help me if there is a fix out there.
          Hi Magendanz,

Here's a status update upon using the ROM from last 3 days:-

1. WiFi seems much more stable than ever before (can't thank you enough for resolving the problem - on WPA2 - TKIP encryption only though). Still testing it and will post a final update only after 2-3 weeks or maybe more.

2. Power button problem isn't resolved yet. Despite the power-off option in the powerkey definition, the box NEVER actually powers itself off. It rather REBOOTS everytime as reported earlier, until and unless the power switch is turned off manually. Tested all power modes - Sleep and Restart modes are working as expected, but the power-off mode always restarts the box. I'm sure this is a minor glitch and there must be an easy solution to this problem. Fingers crossed

3. Bluetooth stutter is permanently fixed. Kudos!!

4. There are no crashes or any observable lags as such and all apps and games work well.

5. WiFi (wpa2-tkip) also stutters sometimes, about once or twice when bluetooth and wifi are operating simultaneously. That I think may be due to interference.

6. There are no green screen errors or freezes so far while using chrome browser. Haven't tested in other browsers yet but I believe there won't be any issue.

This is by far the best ROM available out there. Power issue requires some attention.

Rgds,
          Vineet
          Last edited by Vineet; 02-10-2018, 09:07.

Comment

Originally posted by seka View Post
            Installed the [ROM] Beelink GT1 / Alfawise S92 Stock and Nano Nexus ROM (Android 7.1) firmware on Beelink GT1 Ultimate, A706, 3GB / 32GB. Has received 2GB / 32GB. How to solve the issue with increasing RAM to 3GB? Firmwares will be for GT1 A706D0 / 3G + 32G (AP6255)?
            Any chance to solve this problem?

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              Device tree detection in the bootloader is currently broken for the GT1-70xD0 variant, and it's not clear how we're going to fix it without source code. If you can avoid it, don't purchase this variant.

Installed nano version via SD card method, was previously in MM superceleron rom. all working great so far. Gt1 ultimate v9377, 3gb of ram is showing.
            Awesome rom, thanks for all your work.
            Question, is there a method to change from su to magisk ? Not a problem, but is good to know

Edit: Bluetooth audio stuttering fixed with method posted earlier. For 9377 hardware.
            Last edited by snakeb; 02-11-2018, 05:09.

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              With the new factory support for switching superuser root mode in Settings, I'm not sure how well it works with other methods. We're going to have to experiment.

Originally posted by barjazz View Post

Any chance to solve this problem?
            Hi Magendanz
            i am afraid it is not possible to choose the variant
            i bought one ultimate and got an AX25 version
            then a few weeks after I bought another one and got the A706 version
            nevertheless as far as I experiment your last Rom on both versions I do not see any difference in stability ( not more, not less)
            the remote A706 version is currently crashed since Friday and I will reboot it when I will be in my remote location on tuesday
            And the local AX25 one crashed several when I updated the programs with the obligation to remove power supply several time until all applets were installed. I assume the remote one had the same issue while automatic updates
            ​​​​​​​phil

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post

Device tree detection in the bootloader is currently broken for the GT1-70xD0 variant, and it's not clear how we're going to fix it without source code. If you can avoid it, don't purchase this variant.
              I used to have [ROM] Android TV (7.1.2) Beeline GT1 (Multi 6255 & 9377 Standard+Ultimate) on my A706. And it showed 3GB / 32GB.
              Just didn't like that [rom].
              Even with 2GB your [ROM] is more stable.
              Thanx!

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, I believe that the Beelink OEM bootloader in the GT1_70xD0 firmware releases have been modified to recognize the full 3GB, but I don't know if we can mix and match that with the boot and system images in this ROM, since it's based on a Shiningwoth release. It might be worth a try, but I don't have one for testing.

Originally posted by Vineet View Post

Hi Magendanz,

Here's a status update upon using the ROM from last 3 days:-

1. WiFi seems much more stable than ever before (can't thank you enough for resolving the problem - on WPA2 - TKIP encryption only though). Still testing it and will post a final update only after 2-3 weeks or maybe more.

2. Power button problem isn't resolved yet. Despite the power-off option in the powerkey definition, the box NEVER actually powers itself off. It rather REBOOTS everytime as reported earlier, until and unless the power switch is turned off manually. Tested all power modes - Sleep and Restart modes are working as expected, but the power-off mode always restarts the box. I'm sure this is a minor glitch and there must be an easy solution to this problem. Fingers crossed

3. Bluetooth stutter is permanently fixed. Kudos!!

4. There are no crashes or any observable lags as such and all apps and games work well.

5. WiFi (wpa2-tkip) also stutters sometimes, about once or twice when bluetooth and wifi are operating simultaneously. That I think may be due to interference.

6. There are no green screen errors or freezes so far while using chrome browser. Haven't tested in other browsers yet but I believe there won't be any issue.

This is by far the best ROM available out there. Power issue requires some attention.

Rgds,
              Vineet
              Hey Magendanz,

Is there anything that can be done about the reboot problem that takes place every time on power-off action?

Rgds

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm unable to reproduce this bug. Long press on Power button (selecting Power Off from global action menu), short press on Power button (defined to shut down in Settings->Powerkey definition), and selecting Power->Shutdown from the bottom row of the Android TV launcher...they all work as expected for me.

Ok, maybe I'll give it a try programatically. I just need to know where I can find the manifest/directory structure where the power off, reboot and sleep actions are defined for the broadcast receiver.

Rgds
              Last edited by Vineet; 02-12-2018, 04:57.

Comment

Hi Magendanz,

First of all thanks for brilliant rom. Just installed latest nano rom using the usb burning tool and all went ok.

I just have one issue not related to the ROM (I think). Since the rom update Kodi 17.6 video is lagging/stuttering, tried the quick fixes in kodi (disable hardware acceslaration, etc) but still no fix.

I installed VLC player and on that the video is silky smooth so I assume the problem is in kodi.

Has anyone here seen this type of issue after the update?

Thanks

AM
                Last edited by adao.monteiro; 02-12-2018, 16:05.

Comment

Same here! You probably have an older TV like me and need auto refresh rate and that only works with amcodec on GT1, at least in this update. Kodi stopped supporting amcodec so we can't do much, you can try SPMC but it's still on Jarvis version

Comment

Originally posted by adao.monteiro View Post
                    Hi Magendanz,

First of all thanks for brilliant rom. Just installed latest nano rom using the usb burning tool and all went ok.

I just have one issue not related to the ROM (I think). Since the rom update Kodi 17.6 video is lagging/stuttering, tried the quick fixes in kodi (disable hardware acceslaration, etc) but still no fix.

I installed VLC player and on that the video is silky smooth so I assume the problem is in kodi.

Has anyone here seen this type of issue after the update?

Thanks

AM
                    Hi,

Kodi is working flawlessly. No lag or stutter whatsoever. In fact, right now I'm watching a movie on Kodi. Check whether the repo you're using got installed correctly. Suggest to uninstall and reinstall Kodi and add the correct repo source. Install and test again. Hope that helps.

Rgds
                    Vineet

Comment

Working...
                    X