Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Beelink GT1 / Alfawise S92 Stock & Nano Nexus ROMs (Android 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moebeman View Post
    Hi,

Thank you for this ROM. Best one so far for my GT1 - 1080p DTS / DD videos working on Krypton Kodi, SPMC and Media Players.
    Just one request can you please make it possible to make add on your next release; the possibility to have an active wifi and lan connection simultaneously? Some apps require an active wifi connection to the network (it does not detect the LAN as an active connection). The specific app in question is "Samba Filesharing for Android"

Thanks
    1) In some nexbox flashes I saw this in build.prop:

#The Ethernet address binding to the wifi's mac
    ro.ethernet.withwifi=true

2) there is another line about change wifi interface to another than wlan0 in all build.prop:
    wifi.interface=wlan0 (default)
    - so try to change it to =eth0 (maybe wifi will not works after that but your app will)

3) there is another hack how to disarm automatic wifi disabler by system, but it is not good from network aspect
    so first first two tips and let us know

Comment

Originally posted by mandepsi View Post
      Four of the cores (5-8) are reduced to 1 GHz
      which firmware ?

Comment

Originally posted by mandepsi View Post
        Four of the cores (5-8) are reduced to 1 GHz
        That's how S912 SOC is supposed to be as it uses ARM big.LITTLE architecture.

Two CPU clusters, one optimized for high performance (big) and the other for low power (LITTLE)

Comment

Originally posted by tillaz87 View Post

That's how S912 SOC is supposed to be as it uses ARM big.LITTLE architecture.

Two CPU clusters, one optimized for high performance (big) and the other for low power (LITTLE)
          Sorry. My mistake.

Comment

The scaling_dflt_freq for both CPU clusters are set to 2016000, so they'll scale up to their max frequency. In fact the Shiningworth starts out with scaling_governor set to "performance" and then drops to "interactive when boot is complete. The VideoStrong firmware just stays in "interactive" the whole time.

So, the Shiningworth ROMs should boot faster.

That said, setting it to 2GHz doesn't mean that the CPU won't max out at a lower value. In fact, Amlogic capped even the high performance cluster at 1.5GHz.

Comment

Does the kernel support overclocking?

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                No, I don't believe so.

Does this ROM support NTFS. I heard the stock ROM supports NTFS?
              Thanks

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, last time I checked.

Hi Magendanz,

I have your last ROM on both of my GT1 ultimate.

I would like to use the applet "Flower Power" from Parrot to control my plant sensor.
              Initial tests sometime ago were negative and my assuption was that it was just not possible to use it on such android boxes.

But i came back to the stock Beelink ROM and retried and it worked perfectly.

Now i came back to your last ROM and the applet does not work

It just starts, then after one or 2 second just crash with a message at the bottom of the screen "The Expansion File doesn't found"

The reason seems linked to the ROM as it follows your ROM but works with the stock ROM.

Any way to trace the reason ?

Thank you by advance

Regards
              Philippe (from France)

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                I have a theory. Apparently, Shiningworth broke the mali driver in their recent builds. Fortunately, @Tilaz87 has a fix, and I'll be including it in my next release. This should restore OpenGL 3.2 + AEP, which I'm suspecting Flower Power needs.

Hi magendanz
              I found the reason and the fix.
              the application is more than 100 Mb. So it needs the download of the application and an OBB file
              i downloaded manually this file and installed it manually in the /SDCARD and it works now ( even if it seems that the Bluetooth is quite deaf and needs real proximity to work )
              it seems that the stock beelink Rom takes care alone to download and install the whole package while your ROM does not.
              see solution in the following link https://apkplz.com/android-apps/parr...r-apk-download
              definitively not a major issue but interesting ....
              for your information, your last ROM is installed on my two GT1 ultimate ( I assume I lost 1 M RAM ) with a lot of application that run in the background + Linux Deploy in which again many applications run in the background including some under mono
              a 2 To HDD is also linked on it and i must recognise it is far quicker than my Raspberry
              the only issue is that I cannot rely on a proper stability over weeks and that very often, either it is crashed or the Linux part is still working but the VNC acces is broken for unknown reason.
              it could be interesting to have some kind of watchdog that reboots the whole box when something is broken.
              From the Linux part, it is not possible because it works in CHROOT and when the VNC is frozen, there is no remote way to restart.

good exercice ...
              regards
              philippe

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                Did you wipe user data when you installed the custom ROM? Some OEMs preinstall apps that run in the background, including bitcoin mining apps. Best to do a clean install the first time.

Hi Magendanz,
              Honestly, I did not took care to tick any other options then the standard ones in the RoM burner. I will take care the next time even if I would prefer to have only OTA and so prevent me from a new full reinstallation
              I found a way to reboot remotly finally when both android VNC and Linux CHroot VNC are frozen:
              as long as ssh of Linux deploy is working, I just typed unchroot then I was in the GT1 busybox and from there the command reboot works
              nevertheless a good watchdog would be fine as I use a lot those boxes remotly

regards
              philippe

Comment

In this rom bluetooth does't work correctly - audio via bluetooth has hik

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's already documented as a known issue. I have a fix for LTM8830/QCA9377, but it breaks all Bluetooth on AP6255.

OK Send me a fix .I have 9377 chip on GT1 s/n S912xx so it should work fine.

Comment

Hi just read this rom is working with the gt1 ultimate, but I will lose 1GB of ram, is that correct? All other functions working well? Any fix or plans to be able to use all 3gb ram?

Comment

Hello Magendanz,

could you please tell me how easy and\or complicated it would be to flash between ROMS? In other words, I would like to try the Stock Android TV variant, and if not suitable, then flash to stock android variant, and if that is not suitable, flash back to stock beelink FW. I have all the FW's and would be flashing via USB. Is this doable?

Anything special I would need to know or do to flash between?

Thanks for your help, and for everyone's efforts in providing these ROM's. I for one greatly appreciate it!!

Comment

I think I've got a workaround for the Bluetooth audio stutter on the Longsys LTM8830.

It seems the Shiningworth All-in-One firmware does a runtime check to determine the wireless chipset, then loads a Broadcom (libbt-vendor.so) or Qualcomm (libbt-vendor-qcom.so) Bluetooth vendor library depending on the results. Currently, it's getting the match wrong for the Longsys LTM8830, which is a Qualcomm QCA9377 clone.

To correct this on an affected device:

1. Reboot into TWRP Recovery and mount the System partition.
                      2. Open TWRP File Manager and delete /system/vendor/lib/libbt-vendor.so.
                      3. Rename libbt-vendor-qcom.so to libbt-vendor.so.
                      4. Reboot to System

You shouldn't need to wipe data or cache, and there are no new files needed. It should just load the Qualcomm vendor library from that point on and the audio stutter should be gone.

UPDATE: tillaz87 made a patch here that can be applied in Settings->About-System Update or TWRP recovery.
                      Last edited by Guest; 02-08-2018, 23:37.

Comment

Working...
                      X