Code:
    pre-up ifconfig eth0 hw ether 9E:89:10:F2:BF:18
    sudo reboot
    You can also add this line to your "interfaces" file:

Code:
    hwaddress ether 9E:89:10:F2:BF:18

Comment

Virtual serial port

I'm trying to use this Linux system to communicate with hardware through a virtual serial port, and it seems that the kernel is missing the CDC-ACM driver needed to do this. Any suggestions on how to get the virtual serial port support in the kernel? I'm assuming the kernel has to be rebuilt, but I thought I'd ask.

Comment

TV Blinks

Hello i need some help. I installed the ubuntu 12.04 from the image provided, but the screen is flickering all the time. My device is BT919 with AP6210 wifi and i tried both 720p and 1080p kernels. Can someone help me? Thanks in advance. Also on the 720p kernel when i boot into unity it says "couldn't restore the previous screen settings" or something like that. Also i don't have wifi at all, the wifi chip (AP6210) is not recognizable
        Last edited by convict; 05-13-2014, 07:07.

Comment

HI,
          I have flashed the Xubuntu on my MK809III (which I believe is a MK802IV compatible device), the flash process went with no problem but after booting it stops when trying to mount /dev/mtdblock2 on /mnt with following message:

ALERT! /dev/mtdblock2 does not exist. Dropping to a shell!

what I did wrong? I have for sure unziped the system image and I did the flashing two times, both with same result. can anybody help me?

Comment

Originally posted by convict View Post
            Hello i need some help. I installed the ubuntu 12.04 from the image provided, but the screen is flickering all the time. My device is BT919 with AP6210 wifi and i tried both 720p and 1080p kernels. Can someone help me? Thanks in advance. Also on the 720p kernel when i boot into unity it says "couldn't restore the previous screen settings" or something like that. Also i don't have wifi at all, the wifi chip (AP6210) is not recognizable
            Does the BT919 have a true RK3188 CPU or a RK3188T CPU? I've heard of flickering issues with the RK3188T but I haven't pursued it as I don't have a RK3188T device although its on my KIV list.

Comment

Originally posted by linuxium View Post
              Does the BT919 have a true RK3188 CPU or a RK3188T CPU? I've heard of flickering issues with the RK3188T but I haven't pursued it as I don't have a RK3188T device although its on my KIV list.
              I believe my device is a true rk3188 because I have finless rom on it with a custom kernel with overclocked gpu and ddr. Also my cpu is clocked at 1.6 ghz and not at 1.4.
              Aside the flickering, on ubuntu I have no wifi either even thiugh my wifi chip is ap6210

Comment

Hello.

Any can upload a NFS module to add a linuxium kernel ?¿

Thanx

mount.nfs: No such device

Comment

root password?

linuxium what is the root password?
                  On my CS968 Ubuntu 12.04 work perfect but i don't know the root password. Can you please provide it?

EDIT: Never mind i got it
                  Last edited by convict; 05-25-2014, 11:55.

Comment

linuxium is there any updated version which can be flashed on mk809iii?

I cant use bootloader 1.20 and 1.24 and when flashed with 2.13, it seems that nand is not detected:
                    ALERT! /dev/mtdblock2 does not exist.

also under /dev there is no mtd device.

Comment

ok it seems that the kernel module provided (rk30xxnand_ko.ko.3.0.36+) is outdated or does not pass to HW I have. I copied one from another initfs and tried to load it and it seemed that it works.

can I fix that somewhere in your boot.img?

Comment

someone has a minix x7 with linuxium kernel and eth0 works?

Can someone send me a .ko for this kernel.

Comment

Originally posted by Znet View Post
                          someone has a minix x7 with linuxium kernel and eth0 works?

Can someone send me a .ko for this kernel.
                          These kernels are for the RKM Mk802IV or Tronsmart T428. You should use a Minix Neo X7 kernel to get eth0 working. Try the image posted here as an example: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...y-to-try-Linux

Comment

What about RK3188 tablets - will the display/touch screen work under Linux?

Comment

Same problem

Originally posted by darekmarta1975 View Post
                              Write to me in PM
                              I have the same problem, could you please tell me exactly what to do?
                              Many thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X