Now available Ubuntu, Lubuntu or Xubuntu on the latest MK802IV or T428

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xyrx View Post
    Thanks! That worked perfectly. I didn't think the other flash tool had been modified aside from the title bar bit but it seems that it must have.

Only thing i'm missing now is a kernel for 1366x768. I've got a cross compiling vm setup but not sure where to make the changes to get the resolution changed.
    Maybe this is a good place to start:

Comment

Hello,

all worked well on my Minix X7 when following the instructions from the first post. WiFi is working, Ethernet not.
      I used the T428 Files and Xubuntu-Desktop. Now I have one Problem: When I try to install new Software or change settings, it asks for root-password. 'p' works for login, but not for root authentification.

Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by xyrx View Post
        At first i had issues with my new 8gb MK802IV because it was using the 1.24 bootloader. Once i got that bootloader image from the picuntu install forum post (in the note about the 16gb version) i was able to flash again.

I then updated to the newest stock image after having some resolution issues.

I just found out that the new stock firmware has a 2.07 bootloader and after extracting this bootloader image from the firmware i was again able to flash my mk802IV.

Now i'm having a flash read error after i flash either linuxium or picuntu.

Hello, sorry my english, you can give me the loader 2.07?

Comment

Originally posted by gim View Post
          Hi all and Thanks for your excellent work!

My new mk802iv is bricked by trying install linux on nand. Now the device goes not to bootloader mode nor on windows or linux.
          Can anybody help me?
          Thanks!
          Have a read on my:

1- Open the box
          2- Identify flash nand chip in order to know the 2 pins You have to short
          3- Use a magnifying glass and if possible a friend that helps to insert at the right time (
          while You keep in short the 2 pins ) the usb cable
          4- good luck

Comment

Originally posted by horst-h View Post
            Hello,

all worked well on my Minix X7 when following the instructions from the first post. WiFi is working, Ethernet not.
            I used the T428 Files and Xubuntu-Desktop. Now I have one Problem: When I try to install new Software or change settings, it asks for root-password. 'p' works for login, but not for root authentification.

Any suggestions?
            Open a terminal, enter "sudo su -" and then password of "p" now enter "passwd root" and a pasword of your choice and then you can use that password for the root authentification.

Comment

Big Thank you, now everything works fine.

For my purpose, this is by far the best Firmware for the X7 I tried until now. Very close to the experience on a Desktop-PC. When in some time Ethernet, Bluetooth and GPU Hardware acceleration will work, it would be perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by write-tome View Post
                Have a read on my:

1- Open the box
                2- Identify flash nand chip in order to know the 2 pins You have to short
                3- Use a magnifying glass and if possible a friend that helps to insert at the right time (
                while You keep in short the 2 pins ) the usb cable
                4- good luck
                I had the same problem and unbricked my mk802 Iv by shortening 5th and 6 the pins in rockchip.it is in otg port side (side mini USB port ).count pins from left to right .good luck

Comment

strange display of QT software throuth vnc or xrdp

Hi
                  Did you guys try to run qt software throuth vnc or xrdp ?I got very strange display, all the icon missing and widget display wrong, all qt software active the same.I even try ubuntu and debian, same happen,

Comment

Flashed just now on my QC802 with AP6210.
                    Works like a charm

Comment

work with wireless adapter?

I have a mk908v3 and I want to know if wi-fi is working. Sory for bad english

Comment

I flashed linuxiums bootloader (http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...RK3188-devices) on my CS968/TV-01 box and installed Xubuntu RFS (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B99O...Wp1dEFJZC1hTWs) to a 16GB card with the MAKE-LINUX-SDCARD script. I simply followed instructions from linuxiums G+ page (https://plus.google.com/+IanMORRISON/posts/9DvTKTy99Yy) and the CS968 booted up nicely with WiFi and BT working out of the box. Thank you very much, great work AND great instructions!

The only issue I have now is that after some time (mostly after inactivity?) the logout window pops up and requires me to log out (Cancel is not accepted). I´ve tried, but can´t get rid of that. Any instructions how to change that?

Thanks
                        mihu

Comment

Bluetooth dongle anyone ?

Dear All,

I have a mk802IV with ap wifi.

I have installed Lubuntu (linuxium) with dual boot. It works very well indeed. My only problem is that I have an awful usb keyboard and a very nice bluetooth keyboard.

Integrated BT does not work. But usb BT dongles do not either: lsusb sees them, but "hcitool dev" does not. It seemed to me that this comes from a missing compilation option (hciusb).

I have installed Marvin and checked that it can compile a kernel, that I can then flash and still get a working installation. If I check the hciusb option, compile and flash, I still cannot use a usb BT dongle.

Any help would really be appreciated. I am ready to compile many kernels to either find which options unlock integrated BT, or to make dongles work.
                          Last edited by dkcm; 12-11-2013, 19:22.

Comment

Will it work on tronsmart mk 908 v3?

Comment

I found that for some sticks wifi don't work at the start, but if I clone the MAC address of the original stick and force it to be use in the wifi-config utility, it will start working. I got it working that way with my IPPLI Mars I2C.

Comment

Convert vmlinusz to kernel.img / flash the kernel modules (MK802IV S+)

Hi linuxium,

Originally posted by linuxium View Post
                                The kernel source is available at https://github.com/linuxium/3188-SRC-AP6210

I downloaded the source, made some changes and compiled the kernel. How can I get the kernel.img from vmlinusz required from RKAndoridTool? How can I flash the new compiled modules?

I have a MK802IV S+ device.

Thank you very much

noro24

Comment

Working...
                                X