Now available Ubuntu, Lubuntu or Xubuntu on the latest MK802IV or T428

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ubiv7 View Post
    @dkcm: Yes, look carefully at picture, I have erased NAND.

But now I'm not able to flash ANYTHING.
    All tools don't recognize the device:
    - RKAndroidTool V1.35
    - RKAndroidTool V1.37
    - RKBatchTool V1.7
    - Finless ROM Flash Tool V1.37

"The operation didn't do, because of no device"
    "No found device for upgrading"

Reinstalled drivers, but still problem occurs. There aren't any unknown devices in Device Manager.
    Rebooted Windows PC many times.
    Tried to connect MK802IV to PC with/without pressed recovery button.
    (Of course I can't boot Android)
    I have nice paperweight bought from my pocket money
    I I installed a few days ago and it went without a problem.
    your mistake was that you unplug the device from the computer and you should write it a second time
    Now you need to open the device and short pins on nand
    MY MINI PC: C4,CS918,M8,M8C

Comment

Can you show on a picture, what pins I must short?
      And when and how long I must do it, before or after USB connected?
      wm8650 (no-name 7" netbook):
      -> Uberoid V12 without Gapps | SuperSU | 2GB µSD + Debian 5.0
      sun4i (7" 384MB tablet):
      -> Android 4.2.1 Astro+ without Gapps | CPU 120-720/1200MHz | Superuser by Koush | 16GB µSD
      rk30 (MK802IV 8188EU):
      -> Android 4.2.2 stock without Gapps | Superuser by Koush | Waiting for Ubuntu/Debian

Comment

not sure what happened

Followed instructions as listed. Flash seemed to be successful. No errors in log.

Now device does not display at all. No input signal to monitor.

tried both 720 and 1080 kernel. can still see device in windows, and flash if needed.

only notable difference to instructions, was that i had to use the "switch" button before being able to erase idb and flash.

Any guidance would be very helpful.

Thank You

Comment

Will it work on iMito QX1 with or without wifi?
          Is there kernel drivers for usb 2.0 AX8877** chipset based usb ethernet (works on android) ?

Comment

Re: Now available Ubuntu, Lubuntu or Xubuntu on the latest MK802IV or T428

Originally posted by muratremix View Post
            Will it work on iMito QX1 with or without wifi?
            Is there kernel drivers for usb 2.0 AX8877** chipset based usb ethernet (works on android) ?
            It works without wifi in qx1, but wifi will be very hard to make work with it.

leolas
            REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
            My devices:
            Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
            MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
            Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
            Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
            Gearbest.com)
            MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
            Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
            Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Originally posted by ubiv7 View Post
              Can you show on a picture, what pins I must short?
              And when and how long I must do it, before or after USB connected?
              Write to me in PM
              MY MINI PC: C4,CS918,M8,M8C

Comment

fixed it.

Originally posted by senordingdong View Post
                Followed instructions as listed. Flash seemed to be successful. No errors in log.

Now device does not display at all. No input signal to monitor.

tried both 720 and 1080 kernel. can still see device in windows, and flash if needed.

only notable difference to instructions, was that i had to use the "switch" button before being able to erase idb and flash.

Any guidance would be very helpful.

Thank You

Flashed it from scratch a second time and now it works. Weird, but ill take it

Comment

Lubuntu with MK908

Hello guys,

I attempt to install Lubuntu on my MK908 V1.
                  I used the files of this thread (Thanks Linuxium) exept for the kernel (I put MK908 Kernel), and all works great.

I only have a problem:
                  The wifi works fine, I can update applications and packages, but browsers can't acced internet.

I think it's just a configuration problem but I don't know what.

Anyone can help me?
                  Tronsmart AW80 Draco- Dovless 1.09, based on Finless 1.1

Comment

linuxium , you need to be very careful with this , it bricked my device too , same as ubiv7

Nothing worked to bring it back , in all android roms you can bring your device back
                    By simply pressing the reset button while plugging the usb cable , i was always able
                    to bring my device back using only this , but not with this rom , there is something with it that
                    If you fail flashing for some reason you will have to open the device and short the pins
                    (You need to put a warning or something)

ubiv7:
                    please follow my link here to a thread that i made to bring the device back:

Comment

Originally posted by opengl1971 View Post
                      linuxium , you need to be very careful with this , it bricked my device too , same as ubiv7

Nothing worked to bring it back , in all android roms you can bring your device back
                      By simply pressing the reset button while plugging the usb cable , i was always able
                      to bring my device back using only this , but not with this rom , there is something with it that
                      If you fail flashing for some reason you will have to open the device and short the pins
                      (You need to put a warning or something)

ubiv7:
                      please follow my link here to a thread that i made to bring the device back:
                      http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...cked-my-UG007b
                      Why blame me because you bricked your UG007b? Does the thread say "available on the UG007b"?

Comment

Hi Linuxium, could you please post a working .config to build a linux kernel?
                        I have been trying to compile from your sources following some indications from Ian Morrison, but I only get 4 tuxes, I must have something wrong in my .config

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by jointherealms View Post
                          You could draw some inspartion for a dualboot from this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2014759

basically an initrd multiboot that loop mounts a virtual rootfs image.the basic idea is all you need though. Ive kinda been maintaining it so if you want a hand implementing it on these devices just give us a yell.
                          Could this be used with our sticks? This would be GREAT!! Nice work!!

Comment

Originally posted by linuxium View Post
                            Why blame me because you bricked your UG007b? Does the thread say "available on the UG007b"?

The UG007b is the same as mk802IV so yes the thread says so in a way.
                            I don't blame you at all , in fact i am thankful for what you have done , i was really searching
                            For some sort of linux on my rk3188 and yours gave me that , for that i am thankful.

All i am saying is to put some sort of warning that if the flashing isn't completed for any reason
                            You will have to open your device and short pins , so the newbies know what they are up to
                            In fact i flashed it again and succeeded this time , i am using it right now and can confirm it works
                            Very well.

Comment

Originally posted by ramoncio View Post
                              Hi Linuxium, could you please post a working .config to build a linux kernel?
                              I have been trying to compile from your sources following some indications from Ian Morrison, but I only get 4 tuxes, I must have something wrong in my .config

Thanks!
                              I updated my G+ post https://plus.google.com/109451178006...ts/765xvHJGWm6 with the config

Comment

Originally posted by opengl1971 View Post
                                The UG007b is the same as mk802IV so yes the thread says so in a way.
                                I don't blame you at all , in fact i am thankful for what you have done , i was really searching
                                For some sort of linux on my rk3188 and yours gave me that , for that i am thankful.

All i am saying is to put some sort of warning that if the flashing isn't completed for any reason
                                You will have to open your device and short pins , so the newbies know what they are up to
                                In fact i flashed it again and succeeded this time , i am using it right now and can confirm it works
                                Very well.
                                Thanks for your explanation.

Actually I purposely didn't recommend the shorting pins approach as this is how I killed one of my devices which died giving off a small but bright orange flash. I only took this approach as a true final option after the "flash" button fell off.

Comment

Working...
                                X