Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by noro24 View Post
    Hi linuxium,

I downloaded the source, made some changes and compiled the kernel. How can I get the kernel.img from vmlinusz required from RKAndoridTool? How can I flash the new compiled modules?

I have a MK802IV S+ device.

Thank you very much

noro24
    Try this https://plus.google.com/109451178006...ts/QALQDkRpN6V

Comment

Build broken - Missing files

Originally posted by linuxium View Post
      Hi,

I followed your steps but the build was broken at the Step:

7. Compile the Linux kernel:
      ./git-MAKEFILE-3188-SRC-AP6210
      Hiere is my console output:

MAKEFILE: Copying firmware ...
      [sudo] password for ubuntu:
      mount: special device /home/ubuntu/multiboot/images-rk3XXX_mod_tool/unpack/Image/system.img does not exist
      MAKEFILE: Copying Android modules ...
      cp: cannot stat `/mnt/system/lib/modules/*': No such file or directory
      cp: cannot stat `/home/ubuntu/multiboot/images-rk3XXX_mod_tool/unpack/Image/boot-cpio/rk30xxnand_ko.ko.3.0.36+': No such file or directory
      MAKEFILE: Run ./MAKE_KERNEL and then copy linuxium-recovery.img to WINDOWS and flash as recovery
      MAKEFILE: Mount the Ubuntu ROOTFS sdcard (e.g. /media/linuxroot) and update the modules
      MAKEFILE: cp -a /home/ubuntu/multiboot/git-3188-SRC-AP6210/kernel_ruikemei/output/lib/modules/3.0.36+ /media/linuxroot/lib/modules
      MAKEFILE: And add the Android firmware
      MAKEFILE: mkdir -p /media/linuxroot/system/vendor/firmware
      MAKEFILE: mkdir -p /media/linuxroot/system/etc/firmware
      MAKEFILE: cp -a {/home/ubuntu/multiboot/firmware/system/vendor/firmware/*,/home/ubuntu/multiboot/firmware/system/vendor/firmware/.[^.]*} /media/linuxroot/system/vendor/firmware/ > /dev/null 2>&1
      MAKEFILE: cp -a {/home/ubuntu/multiboot/firmware/system/etc/firmware/*,/home/ubuntu/multiboot/firmware/system/etc/firmware/.[^.]*} /media/linuxroot/system/etc/firmware/ > /dev/null 2>&1
      MAKEFILE: And the Android modules
      MAKEFILE: cp -a /home/ubuntu/multiboot/android-modules/* /media/linuxroot/lib/modules
      MAKEFILE: sudo umount /media/linuxroot
      MAKEFILE: Finished.
      The problem ist after I unpacked the file "images-rk3XXX_mod_tool.cpio.7z" in the folder "unpack" there is not folder "Image".

Can you help me please?

Best Regards,
      noro24

Comment

Great...

Could someone post a link to easy / clear instructions to creating a Android/ Linux dual boot?
        Has anyone heard of suspend/hibernate working on it?

I currently am running Xubuntu on my T428 (RK3188).
        No Bluetooth or GPU support..

Would love to have backtrack or Kali working on it.
        Anyone heard of a project like that?

Comment

work on mk908 wery good

Originally posted by sourya View Post
          Will it work on tronsmart mk 908 v3?
          yes working on mk908. just follow steps on this thread sorry for english

Comment

Originally posted by ionutz View Post
            yes working on mk908. just follow steps on this thread sorry for english
            When you say "yes working", what part are you ref. to ? Multiboot on T428 or Kali/backtrack?

Im not softharded, but those steps for Multiboot seem a "little" intimitating. ;-(

Comment

i managed to put one of this images to work on a sdcard and is bootting from sd card on my T428.
              Now i need to do some changes because no wireless or wired connection what can i do?
              Also the root password how can i change it on this.
              I help with 4GD663269M466950W
              And you ????
              --
              My devices:
              Tronsmart T428 real 3188 with Finless A928 and D33 Kernel at 720p
              Tronsmart Prometheus won on CNX just now....

Comment

Thanks, it worked!!!

Originally posted by linuxium View Post
                Thank you linuxium! Great! It worked. I had a little more time to look better how to compile the kernel
                andhow to update the modules. Now to the problem: The bluetooth is not working on "linuxium". The hciconfig outputs nothing. Is the internal bluetooth on AP6210 also (Wifi is working)?

Does the bluetooth on "linuxium" work?

Thanks,
                noro24

Comment

Hi there. I would like to install Ubuntu on my Cube U39GT tablet, but was wondering a few things. First of all was wether this would work on my tablet, and if so which kernel would you recommend me to try first (mk802iv 1080p or t428 1080p). I would also like to know what are the main differences between this and PicUntu.

[edit] Add the CX-919 TV stick to the question as well, it would actually be far more useful for me in the TV.
                  Last edited by Zonk; 01-09-2014, 01:06.

Comment

ERROR: Download file failed

Hi, it's my first time I flash a MK802IV device. I went through the instruction described here: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...K802IV-or-T428 but got this error message: http://pbrd.co/19Sd17d

"INFO: Checking download data, Size (3151667)K, Checked (3)K
                    ERROR: Run failed"

I'm on Widnows Vista and try to install Debian system image from here: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ailable-Debian . Any ideas what is wrong? Do I have to check-box ALL partitions and then run "EraseIDB" or only those mentioned in the post?

Comment

I tried to check-box all (also misc, recovery, backup) and then "Earase IDB" and only then "Run", but got the same error...

Maybe I should try to do it with Linux's rkflashkit? If so what are the steps that I need to take?

Thank you in advance!

Comment

BT usb sticks: almost there

I have compiled the btusb module with marvin for Linuxium: insmodding it works. But there are 4-byte alignment problems, see

for a patch. After applying the patch, my adapter is recognized, but scanning does not find any device. Any help welcome

There are still errors:

[72484.131736] Bluetooth: hci0 urb e57cbc00 submission failed[72485.131620] Bluetooth: hci0 command tx timeout
                        [72488.367243] DWC_OTG: dwc_otg_hcd_urb_enqueue urb->transfer_buffer address not align to 4-byte 0xeb9db809
                        [72488.367270] Bluetooth: hci0 urb ed2f3500 submission failed
                        [72489.362063] Bluetooth: hci0 command tx timeout
                        Last edited by dkcm; 01-09-2014, 16:17.

Comment

Originally posted by smn View Post
                          Hi, it's my first time I flash a MK802IV device. I went through the instruction described here: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...K802IV-or-T428 but got this error message: http://pbrd.co/19Sd17d

"INFO: Checking download data, Size (3151667)K, Checked (3)K
                          ERROR: Run failed"

I'm on Widnows Vista and try to install Debian system image from here: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ailable-Debian . Any ideas what is wrong? Do I have to check-box ALL partitions and then run "EraseIDB" or only those mentioned in the post?

I solved this issue by using Rockchip 1.24 bootloader - http://www.g8.net/download/4.5/rk3188load_1.24.tgz and not the 1.20.

Comment

Problems after Debian installation on MK802IV

Hi,

I recently managed to make my first Debian install on MK802 using linuxium's files (except for Loader - I took v1.24 otherwise it refused to flash). So far I get following small issues:

1. background wallpapers with resolution 1920x1080 and some other resolutions do not look fine (see attached screenshot). 1920x1200 is Ok.

2. mouse cursor disappears while hovered over clickable items like links in browser, gnome menus or gtk buttons within applications.

3. NetworkManager shows that WiFi disconnects regulary... but reconnects on itself straightaway... and the most strange thing is that internet is actually available during this disconnects...

Any ideas how to fix this?
                            Thank you.
                            Attached Files

Comment

What is p2p0 interface? wireless mesh network?

I see a p2p0 interface on Debian - what's that? Is it a separate peer-to-peer wifi interface that can be used in parallel to wlan0?

Does this mean that I can have one MK802IV connected to a router through wlan0 and at the same to another MK802IV through p2p0, so the second can get internet connection through the first? If so can a wireless mesh network be created in such a way using several MK802's and BATMAN protocol?

Thanks

Comment

Hey linuxium. I went ahead and just installed Xubuntu on my CX-919 stick, and it seems to be working perfectly. I have a couple of questions, though. My apologies in advance for the extreme newbie-ness:

1) I eliminated the default user and added my own, with Administrator privileges. When trying to install the flash player plugin for Firefox, and seeing as how Software Center would not find a source for the APT link in Adobe's website, I tried to install APTURL by using sudo apt-get install apturl within a terminal window. I got the message "blablabla is not in the list of sudoers, this incident will be reported". What happened, and how can I solve that?

2) Although now there's only one user, the combobox where you select the user you'll log in as still has your name. Why is that and how can I change it?

3) How can I make it so the sick boots straight to the desktop without going to said user selection screen?

4) How can I make it so that Xubuntu never asks me for any kind of password (be it root or my user's) for any change to the system?

Comment

Working...
                                X