Now available Ubuntu, Lubuntu or Xubuntu on the latest MK802IV or T428

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At wits end with this MK802IV fro Linux

Hi and thanks for taking the time to read this. I have 802IV 8g B 20131011xx device. I had to flash it with the RikoMagic tool and the image file: RKM MK802IV AP6210_20131107_1080P.img. This process and image works fine buts its Android. I don't know what version of the bootloader is installed but going from other posts its looks like v2.0.

I have tried the detailed instructions at the top of this thread on loading the lubuntu distribution to the NAND, using 1.37 of the toolkit, with the bootloader and it fails with usb timeout. I tried with without the bootloader v1.20 and it writes but I get 100's of flash read errors on device boot. The only thing I can get to work is restoring the Rikomagic image from Batch tool+driver1 v 1.7. Any ideas before I consign this device to the waste bin - I am trying to get linux installed to use it as a quad core unit.

BTW -> I did get the picuntu 4.5 distribution to originally work but the screen was blinking every 2 secs - not a power issue as I was using the right adapter, cable and this does not hapen when run under Android.

Any ideas? Thx

Comment

Originally posted by seanboc View Post
      Hi and thanks for taking the time to read this. I have 802IV 8g B 20131011xx device. I had to flash it with the RikoMagic tool and the image file: RKM MK802IV AP6210_20131107_1080P.img. This process and image works fine buts its Android. I don't know what version of the bootloader is installed but going from other posts its looks like v2.0.

I have tried the detailed instructions at the top of this thread on loading the lubuntu distribution to the NAND, using 1.37 of the toolkit, with the bootloader and it fails with usb timeout. I tried with without the bootloader v1.20 and it writes but I get 100's of flash read errors on device boot. The only thing I can get to work is restoring the Rikomagic image from Batch tool+driver1 v 1.7. Any ideas before I consign this device to the waste bin - I am trying to get linux installed to use it as a quad core unit.

BTW -> I did get the picuntu 4.5 distribution to originally work but the screen was blinking every 2 secs - not a power issue as I was using the right adapter, cable and this does not hapen when run under Android.

Any ideas? Thx
      Try using Rockchip 1.24 bootloader - http://www.g8.net/download/4.5/rk3188load_1.24.tgz and not the 1.20. It helped me to flash Debian on the device, while with v1.20 I got errors...

best luck.

Comment

Originally posted by smn View Post
        Try using Rockchip 1.24 bootloader - http://www.g8.net/download/4.5/rk3188load_1.24.tgz and not the 1.20. It helped me to flash Debian on the device, while with v1.20 I got errors...

best luck.
        Thanks for coming back. Can you tell me what was the firmware you had installed on the unit prior to the flashing. I have RKM MK802IV AP6210_20131107_1080P.img which I 'restore' prior to the flash. Also what version of Rikmagic tool have you used as there are quiet a few floating around with different recommendations?

S.

Comment

Thanks for coming back. Can you tell me what was the firmware you had installed on the unit prior to the flashing. I have RKM MK802IV AP6210_20131107_1080P.img which I 'restore' prior to the flash. Also what version of Rikmagic tool have you used as there are quiet a few floating around with different recommendations?

S.
          I don't think that this matters, but if I'm not mistaken I installed the latest firmware published on the Rikomagic website, using tools obtained also there. But Debian was installed using this tutorial, only with another bootloader.

Comment

S.

Despite using that loader, I get ERROR: Wait for Loader Rock usb timeout
            ERROR:Run failed

The following are what I am using with RKAndroidToolv1.37

Bootloader: RK3188Loader(L)_V1.24.bin
            Kernel : linuxium-720-mk802iv-nand-kernel.img
            Paramter: linuxium-nand-parameter
            Boot: linuxium-boot.img
            System,: linuxium-ubuntu1204-desktop-rfs.img

Comment

I had 1080 kernel and Debian system image (found in another thread) - check that configuration, maybe it will work

Comment

Originally posted by smn View Post
                I had 1080 kernel and Debian system image (found in another thread) - check that configuration, maybe it will work
                Given the consistency in failures I suspect that these newer devices have been rigged to prevent Linux installations. I have tried every available combination bootloader and linux distribution but no luck. Shame, its would have made a good Quad Core Linux server.

Its is clear that RikoMagic Mk802IV is not mature for this sort of thing.

Comment

Blinking every 2-5s (lost signal on hdmi)

I can confirm the same behaviour on another 2 minipcs mk902. Stock android and other 2 custom roms ok. Some other blinking as well or not starting. Picuntu and ubuntu running but keep blinking (not usable at all).
                  Blinking is even during booting in text mode from the very beginning.
                  In this rom, if I replace just the kernel with android one from stock rom, blinking is gone. System starts booting but because of android kernel falls in text prompt. All other components (bootloade, parameters, system) stayed without change so that it is probably something in kernel itself. I hope that it is something what will be fixed, not screwed up deliberately.

Comment

i try this, after erase Nand i disconnect e reconnect the mk without press the "microbutton". It works for my mk and i can flash the linux, but i have other problems!!

Edit: I tested, and for my mk the present method is no longer working!!
                    Last edited by vinsub77; 01-19-2014, 08:02. Reason: Now it doesn't work!!! Ohoh

Comment

Originally posted by vinsub77 View Post
                      i try this, after erase Nand i disconnect e reconnect the mk without press the "microbutton". It works for my mk and i can flash the linux, but i have other problems!!

Edit: I tested, and for my mk the present method is no longer working!!

My guess the blinking is caused by a problem in the kernel level HDMI driver. The only way to reset the who unit was to short out the nand - pins 8&9 which will allow you to firmware reset back to that downloaded from RikoMagic and then install the Linix image with Bootloader 1.20. Its still crappy IMHO that you have to do all of this just to get something working - the Mk802 original was much easier in that you boot from the image on the SD card without fear of bricking the onboard system and at least you avoided having to mess aroudn with nand pins, etc. this MK802IV is a step back until they fix all these basic issues.

Comment

How can I get the resolution 1366x768 (Lapdock Display) to work with MK802IV with any of these distros. I'm super frustrated as I have yet to get my Lapdock to work with ANY of the tv sticks I have. (MK808, MK802IV) I know people have done it, but NO ONE posts how they did it. I have read many many webpages that are "supposed" to "help" me do it, but they just have gibberish like: in "rk_hdmi_lcdc.c" new line:...{ "1366x768p@60Hz", 60, 1366, 768, 85500000, 256, 58, 17, 1, 112, 3, FB_SYNC_HOR_HIGH_ACT | FB_SYNC_VERT_HIGH_ACT, 0, 4 },...disable all other with "//" !"

Oh yeah... got it.. makes sense.. No. No it does not.

Can someone help me without linking me to a another page I guarantee I have already read and was NOT helpful?

Comment

error at the end of installation

Problem install Xubuntu on MK902

I started to flash Picuntu, the RkTool has started ok with formating and downloading firmware to my device, but after it finish with the "writing data to Flash..."
                          "Checking download data, size (26xxxxx)K, checked (24xxxx)k
                          ERROR Download file failed
                          ERROR Run Failed

I am using rk3188load_1.24 version. When I used 1.20 version it stoped at "checked (3)k!
                          I have the same problem when I try to flash Xubuntu. Anyone had this error?
                          The device is not brick. I flashed the original firmware for MK902 and it is ok!

Comment

eth0 on MK902 not working

After I manage to install Lubuntu on my MK902, I have problem with eth0. It is not working and the MAC address is 00:00:00:00:00:00. In attach is a startup screen. I have the same problem in Xubuntu/Picuntu/Ubuntu. In android the Mac address is 9E:89:10:F2:BF:18.
                            Does anyone know how to fix this?

Regards
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mikeme View Post
                              After I manage to install Lubuntu on my MK902, I have problem with eth0. It is not working and the MAC address is 00:00:00:00:00:00. In attach is a startup screen. I have the same problem in Xubuntu/Picuntu/Ubuntu. In android the Mac address is 9E:89:10:F2:BF:18.
                              Does anyone know how to fix this?

Regards
                              This may or may not work, you can override the MAC address in software. Set it in whichever connection manager you are using. However if the chip is not supported by the kernel then it will not work.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeme View Post
                                I have problem with eth0. It is not working and the MAC address is 00:00:00:00:00:00. I have the same problem in Xubuntu/Picuntu/Ubuntu. In android the Mac address is 9E:89:10:F2:BF:18.
                                Perhaps:
                                Code:
                                sudo nano /etc/network/interfaces
                                insert:
                                Code:
                                pre-up ifconfig eth0 hw ether 9E:89:10:F2:BF:18
                                sudo reboot
                                RK3288 Devices
                                - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                                - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                                UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                                Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                                Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                                Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Working...
                                X