X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

scaling screen

Originally posted by stranzenbach View Post
    Some questions left:
    - somehow my tv does not show the whole picture. I can not see some pixels (about 20) on top, bottom, left and right screen. Using raspberry pi there is a parameter file configuring "overscan". Something similar in linux ? (maybee xrandr?)
    Eddy
    found out myself, see http://linux-rockchip.info/mw/index....fer_Resolution

you can scale yout display by:
    echo "95 95" >/sys/devices/platform/rk-fb/graphics/fb0/scale

you can put this line into /etc/rc.local to apply the scaling on boot.

Comment

reboot bootloader

Hy

in android there is a "reboot bootloader" (boot into flashmode).
      is something like this in linux also?

Best regard
      Eddy

Comment

linuxium, can you tell me how you fixed chromium in the kernel? Ive got an issue with chromium loading pages but not displaying anything. It would seem that this is caused by SYSVIPC is the kernel config not being enabled, yet ive enabled it and still wont work.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by jointherealms View Post
          linuxium, can you tell me how you fixed chromium in the kernel? Ive got an issue with chromium loading pages but not displaying anything. It would seem that this is caused by SYSVIPC is the kernel config not being enabled, yet ive enabled it and still wont work.

Cheers
          settings\ advanced settings\ and turn off the pavilion equipment acceleration, reboot chromium.

Comment

Originally posted by vmkogeretla View Post
            settings\ advanced settings\ and turn off the pavilion equipment acceleration, reboot chromium.

Thanks mate, but i think it might be a different issue. I cant even get into settings, every page is completely blank even all the chrome:// pages.. its weird

Comment

Originally posted by jointherealms View Post

Cheers
              Setting SYSVIPC was all I needed to get basic Chromium to work.

Comment

Unbricking mk802iv

Hi all and Thanks for your excellent work!

My new mk802iv is bricked by trying install linux on nand. Now the device goes not to bootloader mode nor on windows or linux.
                Can anybody help me?
                Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by gim View Post
                  Hi all and Thanks for your excellent work!

My new mk802iv is bricked by trying install linux on nand. Now the device goes not to bootloader mode nor on windows or linux.
                  Can anybody help me?
                  Thanks!

At first i had issues with my new 8gb MK802IV because it was using the 1.24 bootloader. Once i got that bootloader image from the picuntu install forum post (in the note about the 16gb version) i was able to flash again.

I then updated to the newest stock image after having some resolution issues.

I just found out that the new stock firmware has a 2.07 bootloader and after extracting this bootloader image from the firmware i was again able to flash my mk802IV.

Now i'm having a flash read error after i flash either linuxium or picuntu.

Last edited by xyrx; 11-18-2013, 01:11. Reason: Added error from end of boot

Comment

Here's a screenshot of the Flash read retry error that scrolls by hundreds of times before i get the other error i posted.

Comment

Originally posted by xyrx View Post
                      Here's a screenshot of the Flash read retry error that scrolls by hundreds of times before i get the other error i posted.
                      All the files posted in the OP including the Loader were tested for compatibility with RKAndroidToolv1.37 (also in OP) so you should not need to change Loader versions.

Your first picture indicates that you do not have a valid Linux RFS installed in the system partition. So first can you confirm that you have followed the instructions in the OP exactly? If not, can you document what you have done otherwise it will be very difficult to diagnose the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by linuxium View Post
                        All the files posted in the OP including the Loader were tested for compatibility with RKAndroidToolv1.37 (also in OP) so you should not need to change Loader versions.

Your first picture indicates that you do not have a valid Linux RFS installed in the system partition. So first can you confirm that you have followed the instructions in the OP exactly? If not, can you document what you have done otherwise it will be very difficult to diagnose the problem.

My loader version was updated through stock firmware updates. If i use the version in the OP i get errors such as timeout waiting for the device to return after reset or download file check errors when rkt1.37 checks for file consistency.

I have also tried to flash from linux. I used the tool found in the thread 'A GUI tool for flashing rk3066/rk3188 kernel image under Linux' which does not require the loader. I got the same results using this tool even though the system partition passed a consistency check after flashing.

Comment

My loader version was updated through stock firmware updates. If i use the version in the OP i get errors such as timeout waiting for the device to return after reset or download file check errors when rkt1.37 checks for file consistency.

I have also tried to flash from linux. I used the tool found in the thread 'A GUI tool for flashing rk3066/rk3188 kernel image under Linux' which does not require the loader. I got the same results using this tool even though the system partition passed a consistency check after flashing.
                          So what happens i you use all the files in the OP including the Loader and Tool downloaded from the location specified and you "EraseIDB" ... does this work successfully?

Next, when you click "Run" to flash the device, what exactly is the error message?

Comment

So what happens i you use all the files in the OP including the Loader and Tool downloaded from the location specified and you "EraseIDB" ... does this work successfully?

Next, when you click "Run" to flash the device, what exactly is the error message?

Ever since i updated to the latest stock firmware (RKM MK802IV AP6210_20131107_1080P.img) using RKBatchTool.exe 1.7 i get this timeout when RK Flash 1.37 tries to reset the device.

Before i updated to that firmware image when i tried to use 1.20 loader i got download file check errors because my device needed the 1.24 loader.

If i use the 2.07 loader extracted from the stock firmware (RKM MK802IV AP6210_20131107_1080P) i am able to successfully flash the device. After flashing is complete i get the errors pictured in my previous posts.

Comment

Ever since i updated to the latest stock firmware (RKM MK802IV AP6210_20131107_1080P.img) using RKBatchTool.exe 1.7 i get this timeout when RK Flash 1.37 tries to reset the device.

Before i updated to that firmware image when i tried to use 1.20 loader i got download file check errors because my device needed the 1.24 loader.

If i use the 2.07 loader extracted from the stock firmware (RKM MK802IV AP6210_20131107_1080P) i am able to successfully flash the device. After flashing is complete i get the errors pictured in my previous posts.
                              Have you tried using the actual Rikomagic tool RKAndroidToolv1.37 which can be downloaded from here https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B99O...UQ4VzVvZERfWW8

Comment

Have you tried using the actual Rikomagic tool RKAndroidToolv1.37 which can be downloaded from here https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B99O...UQ4VzVvZERfWW8
                                Thanks! That worked perfectly. I didn't think the other flash tool had been modified aside from the title bar bit but it seems that it must have.

Only thing i'm missing now is a kernel for 1366x768. I've got a cross compiling vm setup but not sure where to make the changes to get the resolution changed.

Comment

Working...
                                X