Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kit Kat 4.4.2 RK3066 (Fully Working)

Originally posted by digger View Post
    Hi Shomari,
    Excuse me please if I touched your open wound with GLTools.
    I wasn't careful enough and hadn't noticed this information in your earlier post.
    If I had known it I would have never asked you about your screenshots.
    In spite of my personal view on GLTools in connection to real performance, I absolutely agree with you that there is no reason to speak about it here and waste our time for discussion.
    And please don't treat me like an enemy.
    If you are ready to share your additional tweaks for boot.img and system.img, I will be glad to try them.
    Kind regards
    ...haha - no worries. GLTools works, though. Extra 500-700pts in antutu and much smoother graphics. I'll upload the screenshots here or via pm if you'd like.

I'm wondering if maybe I should dump my whole ROM as a custom ROM, perhaps? Quick and easy, it should perform just as it does on my stick which is used primarily for video.

Comment

[QUOTE=reddragon72;204487]
      Originally posted by enviro8 View Post

The tool is designed for the main IMG file not the individual broken out files boot,system, etc.

have fun!!!
      Thanks for your reply. After reading through the relevant posts on the matter, I found the solution was to ensure there were no spaces in the firmware name, or in the folders or in the folder paths. I am not su8re if underscore counts as a space.

I am now up and running with it

Comment

Originally posted by Shomari View Post
        ...haha - no worries. GLTools works, though. Extra 500-700pts in antutu and much smoother graphics. I'll upload the screenshots here or via pm if you'd like.

I'm wondering if maybe I should dump my whole ROM as a custom ROM, perhaps? Quick and easy, it should perform just as it does on my stick which is used primarily for video.
        I'm happy that you have forgiven me for my kind of incorrect stile of my writing.
        English is my biggest issue and some time I can't find appropriate words when I'm in a hurry
        It would be great if you upload your dump of ROM so as to test it's performance.
        I'm not a gamer and interested in perfect on-line Full HD video streaming only like you
        CS918II/16GB(HTC-031-V1.0 board)
        CS918 (TN-BX09_V2.1 2013/05/31) FW: k-r42-old_revision-wasser-1.2.3- fried by 12V PS
        K-R42 board version B351_V2.0 1348, wifi Realtek8188ETV , RK3188T;FW: wasser-firmware-kr42-new-1.0.3

Comment

[QUOTE=enviro8;205046]
          Originally posted by reddragon72 View Post

Thanks for your reply. After reading through the relevant posts on the matter, I found the solution was to ensure there were no spaces in the firmware name, or in the folders or in the folder paths. I am not su8re if underscore counts as a space.

I am now up and running with it

Glad to here that and I learned something at the same time. I downloaded the rom from the OP in this thread so it had no spaces in it.

Right now I am on the last leg to giving out the info and that is the "move to SDcard" issue. I am totoally stumped on why the .android_secure directory is still being pointed to on the internal NAND. Other then that all apps and relevant app files are either on the 6gb internal app partition or the external sd card.

So close!

Comment

So I'm going to nit pick a little

I love benchmarks because numbers are numbers... BUT..... can you post up some FPS of some games?

Video is video and playing one format to the next can make a huge difference as well as the level of the codec encoding performed. Also not that a 25FPS video is only going to pump out 25FPS regardless of how hyped you have your card. It seems that a boost for the VPU would be needed to actually help the video stutter less so does GLtools help with that as well?

Before I drop 2.99 on and app that I could use to buy a game I like to know definitively if a booster/hack works or not and the video's I found online really don't show me much. So getting the info directly from a user of the app who knows it very well can really help

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by reddragon72 View Post
              So I'm going to nit pick a little

I love benchmarks because numbers are numbers... BUT..... can you post up some FPS of some games?

Video is video and playing one format to the next can make a huge difference as well as the level of the codec encoding performed. Also not that a 25FPS video is only going to pump out 25FPS regardless of how hyped you have your card. It seems that a boost for the VPU would be needed to actually help the video stutter less so does GLtools help with that as well?

Before I drop 2.99 on and app that I could use to buy a game I like to know definitively if a booster/hack works or not and the video's I found online really don't show me much. So getting the info directly from a user of the app who knows it very well can really help

Thanks
              I can't say anything (experience-related) about gaming performance, unfortunately. What I can say is that the app offers the ability to spoof certain features and functions not natively available to the tv stick; in theory optimizing the gaming experience.

For example, the app offers the ability to downscale resolutions, compress/decompress textures, etc. along with the ability to enable or disable certain functions of the GPU, which in turn also affect gaming performance.

But again, as far as first hand experience with gaming, I don't know how it will affect the performance of this ROM - there's not a single game on my device. The gains I benefit from regarding GLTools are all GUI related, which does affect XBMC library traversal and a few other apps.

You can try the free version, or maybe bypass the app altogether. It's really not a make-it-or-break-it type of thing, but the added boost to the RK3066 platform is noticeable, even to a non-gamer like myself.

If you want a direct, immediate and measurable impact upon gaming performance - firing up some overclocked kernels would be the best bet, and then possibly use GLTools as a complement to that.

Comment

What settings do you use for all apps and how did you spoofed the device.?

Comment

Type password to decrypt storage

Hi,

i am getting "Type password to decrypt storage" on my device on starting.
                  i can't flash it back beacsue it stuck on this screen and windows says "Unknown device - with Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"i tried to

1). Reset the device with a pin.
                  2). update the windows drivers from Rockchip Batch Tool. it says the driver are already updated

Rockchip Batch Tool and finless flash tool doesn't recognize the device.
                  i want to downgrade the Rom to finless 2.1 anyone had this problem before?

Thanks
                  alonir

Comment

will this work on pipo u1 pro?

Comment

For now no. Maybe in the future someone will patch the current kernel code with the fix (it's here in the forums) or a factory update will address the issue.
                      This Rom works well with the 'Point of View' TV-HDMI-210 device (MK809II v1.1) for everything except HDMI audio. Never managed to get any sound so far. Have tried workarounds of resuming device from standby first without success. Will have to wait for kernel code fix.

Comment

Originally posted by what_ho View Post
                        This Rom works well with the 'Point of View' TV-HDMI-210 device (MK809II v1.1) for everything except HDMI audio. Never managed to get any sound so far. Have tried workarounds of resuming device from standby first without success. Will have to wait for kernel code fix.
                        Try https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...utingfix&hl=en and see if sound works for you.
                        ~Gopichand Pai

Comment

Have you looked at dmesg? Run dmesg if you're willing and post its contents here please. (preferably as an attachment)

Comment

Have you looked at dmesg? Run dmesg if you're willing and post its contents here please. (preferably as an attachment)
                            dmesgout.txt

Please find dmesg output attached. This is KK rom + OC kernel from this thread (audio not working with stock kernel either of course)

gopichandpai -> thank you for tip about SoundAbout app, this did not make any difference unfortunately.

Comment

[ATTACH]7256[/ATTACH]

Please find dmesg output attached. This is KK rom + OC kernel from this thread (audio not working with stock kernel either of course)

gopichandpai -> thank you for tip about SoundAbout app, this did not make any difference unfortunately.
                              Thanks. Your device is not getting the expected edid response from your tv/monitor's HDMI sink and it's in turn treating it as a DVI and muting the audio.

If you have any cables or attachments between the stick and the HDMI I'd remove or replace them and test again.

If not, try another tv/monitor. Unfortunately, the kernels for our devices running 4.4.X all have this bug but it doesn't affect all instances as severely as it does yours.

Comment

Thanks. Your device is not getting the expected edid response from your tv/monitor's HDMI sink and it's in turn treating it as a DVI and muting the audio.

If you have any cables or attachments between the stick and the HDMI I'd remove or replace them and test again.

If not, try another tv/monitor. Unfortunately, the kernels for our devices running 4.4.X all have this bug but it doesn't affect all instances as severely as it does yours.
                                Thanks for looking into this. I have tried on both Samsung TV and a recent Sony TV, always plugged directly into the TV HDMI sockets without success. TVs have most up to date firmware available. The 4.4 kernels provide the smoothest video playback so far, hopefully there will be a kernel update at some point and I'll check back then.

Comment

Working...
                                X