Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning wingchun. Please be patient. I help as much as I can as well as do other posters but we're all on different timezones. Still, just about every question and post gets a response in its own time.

The procedure for installing CWM is covered in the first post. If you need clarity or help beyond what is posted there, don't hestitate to ask.

Comment

Originally posted by mystguy View Post
      first root using kingoroot app.. then use arctools to get cwm... shomari has already explained everything in this thread
      I installed kingoroot on my pc win7, and connect imito to it via usb port.
      USB DEBUGGING is on, but it seems it is not finding my imito, just orange circle spinning yet i had no troubles flashing this rom to it.
      The instructions are not clear to be fair unlike some other tuts which clearly explain how to andi have been able to flash, root other imitio's etc without issues.
      Best wishes

Comment

I'm sorry but you're taking the wrong tone here. We're all volunteering our time and effiorts to help where the manufacturers and sellers have left a void, but no one is entitled to anyone's time or direct assistance.

The instructions are clear, they just aren't as clear and reaching as you'd like them to be. Other users have had issues rooting the ROM using Kingo - if you read the thread you'd see even I did - but we worked through those issues cooperatively.

Criticizing posts for lack of clarity, lack of incredibly minute details and for lacking basic info that is contained in a million other places in this thread, on this website and all over the web is not going to get you the response you're looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by Wingchundub View Post
          I installed kingoroot on my pc win7, and connect imito to it via usb port.
          USB DEBUGGING is on, but it seems it is not finding my imito, just orange circle spinning yet i had no troubles flashing this rom to it.
          The instructions are not clear to be fair unlike some other tuts which clearly explain how to andi have been able to flash, root other imitio's etc without issues.
          Best wishes
          Do this.
          Lunch the KingROOT
          In android enable usb connection and them the USB DEBUGGING
          It work for me

Comment

I apologize if it comes across as such but it is not meant to be.
            Thus i hate typing, face to face expressions are best for communication.
            Sorry if it came across as such, i do appreciate all work that is done, and i likewise wil help anyone else with any issues on a noob level lol as it saves less questions later.
            Anyhow, i installed Arctools and selected as described in first post, selecting (OMA/CREWRKTABLETS) recovery and it downloads, but wheni click install i get ERROR 28:- CANNOT CREATE TEMP DIRECTORY & ERROR 20- FILE COPY FAILED.

I really love this rom for my lads imito, it is ace, which i'd love to have it on my QX2 with kitkat, as version on mine is not as clean looking and fluid, just trying to get cwm and rootsorted.
            Best wishes

Comment

Understood. I think I misinterpreted the tone of your post. I apologize.

You get the failed to create temp directory error if you aren't yet rooted. You'll have to try rooting with Kingo again, if you have your drivers properly installed you'll succeed eventually. It took me a few tries myself. Please don't hesitate to ask for help again if you get stuck.

Comment

I was going to ask if it needed to be rooted lol, then spotted your post.
                I will try to use kingoroot again.
                Is there a procedure to use this, i.e. hold reset button whilst connecting usb etc?
                Thank you kindly

UPDATE:- silly me was never connecting the imito to both tv and pc using both cables, but instead doing one at a time duh!
                Ok, i need to find the drivers for this now.
                Last edited by Wingchundub; 08-06-2014, 12:25. Reason: I'm an idiot?

Comment

I was goign to ask if it needed to be rooted lol, then spotted your post.
                  Is there a procedure to use this, i.e. hold reset button whilst connecting usb etc?
                  Thank you kindly
                  Connect the usb cable to the OTG port of the device (the one on the side).

Open Kingo on your PC. Then follow these steps on your device..
                  1. Navigate to Settings>USB and click the Connect to PC checkbox.
                  2. Go to Developer options and click the Enable Debugging checkbox.
                  3. Kingo should now recognize your device. Select 'ROOT AGAIN' option and wait for it to complete

If your drivers are installed that should be it. Once you do that you can then install CWM via arctools.

Comment

I was going to ask if it needed to be rooted lol, then spotted your post.
                    Thank you kindly

UPDATE:- silly me was never connecting the imito to both tv and pc using both cables, but instead doing one at a time duh!
                    Ok, i need to find the drivers for this now.
                    If you were able to have the pc recognize the device to flash it, you should be able to run Kingo to root. It uses the same drivers. Just follow the steps above.

Comment

Now after connecting correctly, i geet new device found i.e RK3066 with yellow icon.
                      Then i go to update drivers which came with rockchip batchtool, but it fails to find them thou i am pointing to correct win7 x86 folder?

Comment

Thanks a milliom, my iMito MX1 is running super smooth, jellybean wasnt doing it. Sadly I ripped off my wifi antenna and I also damaged my reset button.

Comment

Re: Kit Kat 4.4.2 RK3066 (Fully Working)

Originally posted by droid4lif3 View Post
                          Thanks a milliom, my iMito MX1 is running super smooth, jellybean wasnt doing it. Sadly I ripped off my wifi antenna and I also damaged my reset button.
                          I think you're the second one in the last few days to rip your antenna off. On my iMito MX1 I seriously have no clue how the reset button has survived literally hundreds of flashes.

Comment

DONE IT.
                            Gave up on doing drivers and found an easier way of doing it to save the hassle.
                            Simply downloaded MOBOROBO, installed it, connected imito to pc, Moborobo then installed drivers.
                            Then i uninstalled moborobo as no other use for it.
                            Started KINGOROOT and it had no issues.
                            Unroot first then clicked root and all good, Now rooted.
                            CWM installed now with arctools.
                            Thank you for your guidance, much apprecaited.
                            Last edited by Wingchundub; 08-06-2014, 18:08.

Comment

Re: Kit Kat 4.4.2 RK3066 (Fully Working)

Originally posted by Shomari View Post
                              I think you're the second one in the last few days to rip your antenna off. On my iMito MX1 I seriously have no clue how the reset button has survived literally hundreds of flashes.
                              Could you try to pair your imito mx1with your mobile by BT?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 mediante Tapatalk

Comment

I flashed my device with the Overclocked Kernel - 1080p (try at your own risk - CPU 1608/GPU 400/DDR 600) but sadly it does boot but freezes in the first picture saying SMART TV
                                I think my device don't like the 600 ddr speed
                                Shomari can you please try to make a kernel with 533 ddr ?
                                I will test it for if you like.
                                I ask you something also, do you think that make the GPU at 466 will make any difference???
                                Something like this CPU 1608/GPU 466/DDR 533
                                Thanks for the great rom.

Comment

Working...
                                X