X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pajopasa View Post
    I think my device don't like the 600 ddr speed
    Shomari can you please try to make a kernel with 533 ddr ?
    I will test it for if you like.
    I ask you something also, do you think that make the GPU at 466 will make any difference???
    Something like this CPU 1608/GPU 466/DDR 533
    Thanks for the great rom.
    ...haha I think the one you flashed is 650mhz. 600 runs fine; use the CWM flashable one in the first post.

I don't know of anyone that has overclocked the GPU above 400mhz and run the RK3066 stable in a tv stick at 1608 & DDR above 300. The kernel in the first post has the GPU at 400 and DDR at 600 - those are the highest stable clock speeds for RK3066 in our devices.

400mhz is the highest you can expect a stable ROM, and trust me - I've had them run up to 650mhz GPU but eventually the ROM goes haywire.

If not we can try a 533 or 548 DDR speed for yours.

Comment

Ok Shomari.
      In the first place i install this one

Overclocked Kernel - 1080p (try at your own risk - CPU 1608/GPU 400/DDR 600):https://mega.co.nz/#!6N5RVIBD!48i4hG...g85DAQ7LYSUahE

and what you are saying is that i install this one to try

OC Kernel - CWM flashable:http://ge.tt/8IXOyRn1/v/0?c

Correct?

Well, after this i did what you said i install the kernel by CWM.
      The device boot but a few seconds in the android luncher it frezes.
      I think my device canĀ“t handle the
      CPU 1608/GPU 400/DDR 600
      The most i think it can handle is CPU 1500/ GPU 400/ DDR 533
      Can you help me doing a KERNEL with this
      CPU 1500/ GPU 400/ DDR 533 ????
      Thanks for it.
      Last edited by pajopasa; 08-09-2014, 10:58.

Comment

I am pretty new to the Android world but I would like to upgrade my 808 to kitkat. Which files do you recommend from the first posting? I need a little hand holding

Comment

Re: Kit Kat 4.4.2 RK3066 (Fully Working)

Originally posted by rbptrsn View Post
          I am pretty new to the Android world but I would like to upgrade my 808 to kitkat. Which files do you recommend from the first posting? I need a little hand holding
          Just the ROM (the link from mega ....which states "faster")
          You will need the rom flasher (v2.1) and the windows drivers.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 mediante Tapatalk

Comment

UG007 semi success

Was able to flash the rom on to my UG007. Everything including OC kernel works fine except one thing. The rom is not saving some of my settings. I have a 1080p screen. I disabled overlay and set lcd density to 240. However the display is always scaled down after booting and I need to scale it up in settings->display. Same problem when I changed runtime to ART. Everytime I start the TV stick, it will spend a lot of time optimising installed apps for ART. I had to change the runtime back to dalvik as I was afraid all that optimising might kill the flash storage. Is anybody else facing similar problems and knows how to fix it?

Comment

I had the exact same problem. I used Setcpu to lower my settings - haven't had a freeze since...
              Originally posted by pajopasa View Post
              Ok Shomari.
              In the first place i install this one

Overclocked Kernel - 1080p (try at your own risk - CPU 1608/GPU 400/DDR 600):https://mega.co.nz/#!6N5RVIBD!48i4hG...g85DAQ7LYSUahE

and what you are saying is that i install this one to try

OC Kernel - CWM flashable:http://ge.tt/8IXOyRn1/v/0?c

Correct?

Well, after this i did what you said i install the kernel by CWM.
              The device boot but a few seconds in the android luncher it frezes.
              I think my device canĀ“t handle the
              CPU 1608/GPU 400/DDR 600
              The most i think it can handle is CPU 1500/ GPU 400/ DDR 533
              Can you help me doing a KERNEL with this
              CPU 1500/ GPU 400/ DDR 533 ????
              Thanks for it.

Comment

oh and for those of us wanting VPU...

I still have found no working tun.ko - so hotspot shield and openvpn can't do their job....until someone has a working one - I have found a superb and free program that actually somehow allows tunneling without messing w proxies - it's called Hola Better Internet! It's on the play store. And I'm watching Doctor Who on BBC iPlayer right now :-)

Just a tip. I have no connections to the app or its makers personally...

Comment

Originally posted by fireplayer View Post
                  I had the exact same problem. I used Setcpu to lower my settings - haven't had a freeze since...
                  My device frizes 5 seconds after boot.
                  Only apears in the tv saying SMART TV and then frizes
                  I thinks that my problem is the ram at 600
                  If i put the stock kernel, it boots fine.
                  Help me Shomari
                  Last edited by pajopasa; 08-13-2014, 23:19.

Comment

Originally posted by mowgli80 View Post
                    Same problem when I changed runtime to ART. Everytime I start the TV stick, it will spend a lot of time optimising installed apps for ART. I had to change the runtime back to dalvik as I was afraid all that optimising might kill the flash storage. Is anybody else facing similar problems and knows how to fix it?
                    ...fix for this is in the first post.

Comment

Originally posted by ikerg View Post
                      Just the ROM (the link from mega ....which states "faster")
                      You will need the rom flasher (v2.1) and the windows drivers.
                      Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 mediante Tapatalk
                      After flashing the above firmware successful by Rock chip batch tools, and waite for 15 minutes as normal then I connect with my TV but It is not displayed any things. I Use the old version MK808B.
                      Coul someone give me other rom 4.4.2? thank u!

Comment

I upgraded, eraseFlash and reflashed but I cannot connect to WiFi. Also when it boots windows that continually poops up like a program is trying to start then crashes and tries start again. It boots in 720p as well. What am I doing wrong? How long after I flash the device before I should disconnect it from my computer?

I used the ROM (faster) file and the RKBatch 2.1 tool for my MK808.

Comment

this rom is not for mk808

Comment

Originally posted by mystguy View Post
                            this rom is not for mk808
                            ok, which one if for mk808?

Comment

not sure if kitkat rom is out for mk808 device... this one is for imito mx1/2 and similar devices.

Comment

Originally posted by mystguy View Post
                                not sure if kitkat rom is out for mk808 device... this one is for imito mx1/2 and similar devices.
                                In the first post it has "MK808B" as one of the support devices. The only difference between MK808 and MK808B is bluetooth which should not cause kitkat a problem after loading. Has anyone had luck with Kitkat on their mk808? OR the first post be modified to remove mk808.

Comment

Working...
                                X