Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd reflash if you haven't already, just in case. You have a pretty severe case of the bug. It's strange for the kernel to flat out throw an error and mute sound on every HDMI sink in all situations.

Comment

i have mk808b with realtek chipset for bt

Any custom rom for this with KITKAT?

Realtek 8723 - wifi/bt

Comment

Originally posted by himmon View Post
        With original stock kernel 9734, although low, rom is much quicker with everything for me than 4.2.2. Video playback is super smooth with Netflix, Hulu Plus, Showbox, BBC iplayer etc. Can't seem to get xfinity TV Go to work though. CA certificate issue.
        Hi,

I have the same error of CA certificate in Xfinity TV Go, was wondering if you have found a solution for it..

thanks,

Comment

Re: Kit Kat 4.4.2 RK3066 (Fully Working)

Originally posted by Megs View Post
          Hi,

I have the same error of CA certificate in Xfinity TV Go, was wondering if you have found a solution for it..

thanks,
          Have you checked in settings>security>trusted credentials to make sure the certificate wasn't disabled? As it should be installed.

I tested the app and it works fine with the ROM.

Comment

how to get 1080p?
            i chane it in setting but still not showed in antutu 1280*720
            and youtube can not show more than 720p

with greetings

Comment

Please read the first post. All the links and info for 1080p setting are there.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomari View Post
                Please read the first post. All the links and info for 1080p setting are there.
                thank you
                I'm using this rom + yor hotkernal , but can you explain how?
                ( Anybody notice the video.use.overlay=1 line in the build.prop?

It seems the stock kernel is a 1080P kernel.

It can be confirmed by setting screen density to 240 and changing the video overlay setting to 0.

ro.sf.lcd_density=240
                video.use.overlay=0

Makes sense now because ~2600-2700 is the antutu 3D score I get on my MK808B 4.2 with a 1080P kernel and that's what I get with this ROM on '720'; instead of ~2900 which is what I get with an actual 720P kernel. )

with greeting

Comment

Re: Kit Kat 4.4.2 RK3066 (Fully Working)

Originally posted by No_WaY View Post
                  thank you
                  I'm using this rom + yor hotkernal , but can you explain how?
                  ( Anybody notice the video.use.overlay=1 line in the build.prop?

It seems the stock kernel is a 1080P kernel.

It can be confirmed by setting screen density to 240 and changing the video overlay setting to 0.

ro.sf.lcd_density=240
                  video.use.overlay=0

Makes sense now because ~2600-2700 is the antutu 3D score I get on my MK808B 4.2 with a 1080P kernel and that's what I get with this ROM on '720'; instead of ~2900 which is what I get with an actual 720P kernel. )

with greeting
                  ...greetings. You edit your build.prop file;

find those two lines in your build.prop file and change them (only them) to match the values in the post.

Set the density value as posted, and set overlay to 0

Comment

Have you checked in settings>security>trusted credentials to make sure the certificate wasn't disabled? As it should be installed.

I tested the app and it works fine with the ROM.
                    Morning Shomari, Megs

Xfinity TV Go unfortunately is the only US based app I could never get working on kitkat. It works perfectly fine on 4.2.2 over VPN but on KitKat I receive "No Peer Certificate" The app itself opens and logs in perfectly fine, shows all the TV and Movie content, just as soon as you click to play any Movie or TV episode it hangs shortly on Authenticating, timeouts then you receive an Error "An Unknown error occurred during this request. Please try again."

There is a "More Info" button which shows "No peer certificate"
                    I checked trusted CA certs previously and all are checked. Date, time, region are correct for me in UK exactly as on 4.2.2 just connecting over VPN.

I couldnt get this working on my Minix X7 either on Wassers or Minix official Kitat roms so something very odd.

Like I say, Netflix, Hulu Plus, Crackle over VPN on this Kitkat ROM works great.

Two other UK apps I have never been able to get working on ANY roms is 4OD and Demand 5, anyone else have any luck? They both work fine on my rooted Galaxy S3 phone.
                    They both seem extremely stringent on their security checks for Rooted, PropBuild, HDMI device checks so havent found the right combination of config to get them working correctly.

Comment

Morning Himmon. I was able to play content but I'm here in the US. I'm beginning to wonder if some sort of geofencing is at play.

Comment

Morning Himmon. I was able to play content but I'm here in the US. I'm beginning to wonder if some sort of geofencing is at play.

Yeah it's an odd one. Something related to KitKat as has never failed to work in the UK over VPN on any JellyBean 4.2.2 ROM regardless of Hardware, rooted or not, also never changed region, timezone or even modded propbuild.

I'm using 2.2.0.004 version of Xfinity TV GO so assume that's the latest?

The only other thing, maybe it's related to the ROM build number using android test-keys and the TV Go Apps DRM checking for that, but saying that, you confirmed its working fine in the States.
                        Last edited by himmon; 07-27-2014, 08:46.

Comment

...greetings. You edit your build.prop file;

find those two lines in your build.prop file and change them (only them) to match the values in the post.

Set the density value as posted, and set overlay to 0
                          thanks I used es explorr and changed the value.
                          it show 1080p in antutu but still in youtube cannot see 1080p option
                          and apps icon disappeared in app section but still can see widgets , why?

Comment

I have no idea. Sounds like a launcher issue maybe. I don't think I see 1080p in youtube either, but that doesn't matter to me as I use the device on a 720p tv.

Comment

And to be clear; even when the overlay is on, most 1080p video conent is detected and rendered as true 1080p by almost all video players and ceetainly by the default rockchip player. It's the UI that is shown in 720p.

Turning the overlay off disables the rendering layer and runs everything 1080p, UI and all.

Comment

Originally posted by himmon View Post
                                Morning Shomari, Megs

Xfinity TV Go unfortunately is the only US based app I could never get working on kitkat. It works perfectly fine on 4.2.2 over VPN but on KitKat I receive "No Peer Certificate" The app itself opens and logs in perfectly fine, shows all the TV and Movie content, just as soon as you click to play any Movie or TV episode it hangs shortly on Authenticating, timeouts then you receive an Error "An Unknown error occurred during this request. Please try again."

There is a "More Info" button which shows "No peer certificate"
                                I checked trusted CA certs previously and all are checked. Date, time, region are correct for me in UK exactly as on 4.2.2 just connecting over VPN.

I couldnt get this working on my Minix X7 either on Wassers or Minix official Kitat roms so something very odd.

Like I say, Netflix, Hulu Plus, Crackle over VPN on this Kitkat ROM works great.

Two other UK apps I have never been able to get working on ANY roms is 4OD and Demand 5, anyone else have any luck? They both work fine on my rooted Galaxy S3 phone.
                                They both seem extremely stringent on their security checks for Rooted, PropBuild, HDMI device checks so havent found the right combination of config to get them working correctly.

Hello,

i was able now to get Xfinity Tv to work after I installed it directly from the play store (not manually through the apk) this way it gets the proper certificate it needs.

As for 40D and demand 5 they couldn't work for me either, anybody had luck with those?

Comment

Working...
                                X