X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blacklist of locked Down Version´s of RK3188 CPU

Originally posted by darekmarta1975 View Post
    What you can petition
    my producer clearly written on what frequency works prcesor 1.4Ghz (s400,cs968,CS918,mk908,Z1,Q7,Q9,MK809III,MK 908II,UG007B) buy from a pseudo vendors is the problem
    Devices which shall continue to processors Rk3188:
    Minix NEO X7
    Minix mini x7
    MK822 here I'm not sure,tomorrow confirmation
    CX919
    Rikomagic stay RK3188, or use T -model?

GT-I9100 (Wanam 14.1 - Dori 8.43), MK802IV (Neomode 1.9a), Measy U2C (Finless 1.7)

Comment

Originally posted by Somatom View Post
      Rikomagic stay RK3188, or use T -model?
      Did you see the list in the first post?

Comment

Originally posted by rebel View Post
        Did you see the list in the first post?
        Yes, but.
        I have this device:

Concorde not only seller, its Rikomagic develope partner. I don't know, this device what is outside. But inside is a MK802IV. The original rom was Riko MK802IV. This moment I use Neomode 1.9a (with 720p kernal), and CPU = 1,2 - 1,4Ghz. I ask my Concorde -contact, and today hi writed me: "no change, Riko use 3188, not T, but from oktober use other CPU -brake method, in karnel ". Hmmm... The stick have a cool sink over the CPU, and I don't know, what is true.

Sorry, for my poor English!

Comment

Excuse me to all, but is it possible that the problems that have many users (including myself) of screen flickering with several customs roms depend on this matter?

I become suspicious for this observation by user vrm71 in another post:

my cx-919 had screen flicker on all roms as well and this is the only one that has zero flicker;

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...400-All-in-One

the only bad thing is the kernel is clocked at 1.4ghz max, I'm hoping to find a compatible overclocked kernel for this rom to try.

Comment

Originally posted by cluster_danneggiato View Post
            Excuse me to all, but is it possible that the problems that have many users (including myself) of screen flickering with several customs roms depend on this matter?
            If you have a rooted rom, install a CPU control app (e.g. 'no-frills CPU Control' or 'AnTuTu CPU Master Free') and limit the CPU max freq to 1416MHz. See if this helps.
            NVidia Shield TV 2015 16 GB || Stock
            NVidia Shield TV 2017 16 GB || Stock
            Buy me a beer?

Comment

Originally posted by Somatom View Post
              Yes, but.
              I have this device:

Concorde not only seller, its Rikomagic develope partner. I don't know, this device what is outside. But inside is a MK802IV. The original rom was Riko MK802IV. This moment I use Neomode 1.9a (with 720p kernal), and CPU = 1,2 - 1,4Ghz. I ask my Concorde -contact, and today hi writed me: "no change, Riko use 3188, not T, but from oktober use other CPU -brake method, in karnel ". Hmmm... The stick have a cool sink over the CPU, and I don't know, what is true.

Sorry, for my poor English!
              Sorry, but only exact way is visually examination at this moment. Here is a tutorial, to remove your heatsink: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-for-the-MK908
              "other CPU which is not T" very interesting! Maybe this is "C" (crippled) series.

Comment

Originally posted by Molle View Post
                If you have a rooted rom, install a CPU control app (e.g. 'no-frills CPU Control' or 'AnTuTu CPU Master Free') and limit the CPU max freq to 1416MHz. See if this helps.
                Yes, thanks, I thought that, this evening I'll try and let you know...

Comment

Yes, thanks, I thought that, this evening I'll try and let you know...
                  The blinking screen is only when you try installing picuntu right? I really think that it has nothing to do on android... I tried those two apps and we couldn't go higher than 1.4 Ghz.

Michel

Comment

The blinking screen is only when you try installing picuntu right? I really think that it has nothing to do on android... I tried those two apps and we couldn't go higher than 1.4 Ghz.
                    No, in my case the blinking screen (or better, continuously shaky and blinking every 5-10 seconds, depends on kind of rom) is constant, even in the initial splash screen or in the home screen without any input. I don't know why, I have the CX-919 from 2 days (bought from geekbuying), and worked apparently fine with stock rom (more or less for 5 minutes), until I flashed a custom rom. From that moment, it started to flickering, also re-flashing stock rom (last version), or other custom roms. The only rom that works fine without visualization problems is the "rescue rom" that (as an other user said) has the kernel blocked at 1.4 ghz.
                    I don't know if there are other differences, and if really depends by it, I'm trying to understand.

Comment

I should have bought a Rikomagic... I should have bought a Rikomagic... I should have bought a Rikomagic...

I wanted to save 30$ and what I got? A crippled RK3188 that I couldn't even install Linux on it (merely the purpose I bought it at first).

Does anyone know if we can oc other portion of this tablet? Finless has done some oc for processor, ddr and gpu speed. I tried it yesterday and I think that even if I cannot get faster cpu, overall use is faster when ddr and gpu is oc?

Michel

Comment

Here is a tutorial, to remove your heatsink: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-for-the-MK908
                        Noobs can damage the CPU with this Method without heat.
                        Better use a Hairdryer and make it with Caution !!

The only rom that works fine without visualization problems is the "rescue rom" that (as an other user said)
                        The Full Package Name is "Rescue Pack" the ROM you mean is TV01 Stock ROM, i have the same Problems like you, but i have send this Stick back to the Seller after this Flash Party and now i got a new one (with 100% the same Board) and now on the new Stick i can flash all ROMs without flickering. I think some Sticks are Crap and thats why its flickering. Maybe the TV01 ROM need not so much GPU Power or what like this, because i got the new with the same Board and Chips and all is working fine, it must be a crap Chip.
                        ... TVDroid

> > > Devices: Minix Neo X7 & HiSilikon® T-R42 II < < <

Comment

I still have yet to hear from RKM as to whether their 3188 based series has been switched to the "T" chip. In my experience, unanswered emails in situations like this lead to a company scrambling for the least harmful answer. I hope I'm wrong. Any manufacturers who stay away from the 3188T will have my blessing in the future.
                          The market force behind these sticks is too great to be augmented by petitions, but we have the power to urge resellers and tech based media outlets to be honest about what they carry, and what makes tech news.
                          I do have a Rikomagic MK802iv, but I attached the heatsink to the SOC with a 3M thermal tape that doesn't like to release. As such, I cannot visually determine the chip type. Adjustable clock range is limited to the 1.2 - 1.6ghz spectrum, but some of this is obviously kernel dependant. Going to do some kernel swap tests tonight and will get back with results....

Still hoping Riko is the ticket...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

EDIT: Don't expect diamonds and gems when buying from the cheapest salesman in town. If you want quality product, do your homework. Clones are cheap, but when even the big stick factories go for the crap chips, the knock offs are sure to be gamble. I bought from Geekbuying, and am going to contact them insisting that they be honest about what they sell. The CX-919, among many other products, still indicate 1.6ghz on their site
                          Please post your h/w & s/w as signature to help community with troubleshooting problems.
                          Mk802IV / AP6210 (RK3188) - SMIC717394 809III 1080p 4.4 (v2) base & default kernel w/ 4gb parameter.
                          uTechsmart (Asix AX88772 chip) USB Ethernet Adapter
                          iLuv iAD517 2.1A USB PS + Asus AD83531 2.0A USB PS
                          Motorola 89451N BT KB + Logitech K400r 2.4GHz KB

Comment

Originally posted by TVDroid View Post
                            Noobs can damage the CPU with this Method without heat.
                            Better use a Hairdryer and make it with Caution !!
                            Yes, hairdryer is a good idea!

The Full Package Name is "Rescue Pack" the ROM you mean is TV01 Stock ROM, i have the same Problems like you, but i have send this Stick back to the Seller after this Flash Party and now i got a new one (with 100% the same Board) and now on the new Stick i can flash all ROMs without flickering. I think some Sticks are Crap and thats why its flickering. Maybe the TV01 ROM need not so much GPU Power or what like this, because i got the new with the same Board and Chips and all is working fine, it must be a crap Chip.
                            It looks like, your supplier is know this. And if is it true, they can differentiates devices. Or maybe they (and you) are lucky.

Comment

Sorry for the wrong name of the rom, however that mine was a crap device is the first thing I thought. But I'm not sure, because many people in the last times seems to have similar problems, and someone (don't remember exactly who) said that as well as TV01 ROM also with the Finless beta 4.4 rom there isn't the issue, and it's strange that the last beta kernel needs less resources, I guess...
                              However too bad I can't send the device back to geekbuying, because unless they pay also the return shipment, from Italy to China it costs too much respect of the item's value (same price, more or less).

Comment

It looks like, your supplier is know this. And if is it true, they can differentiates devices. Or maybe they (and you) are lucky.
                                The Story...

First i buy a Stick for me, this Stick works a couple of of Days with Stock ROM but only in 720p and when i have tried to change res. to 1080p the Stick makes a black Screen and comes back with 720p.

After install the NEO MOD ROM 1.7 i got the flickering Screen, than i found the TV01 ROM and all worked again.

At this Time my Friend want this Stick too (we just use it for XBMC and YouTube and for 55€ its was the best Deal in Germany ship from Germany for a 3188 Stick at this Time) than i buy a Stick for my Friend.
                                And this new Stick comes with a Power Supply with connected Cable (my first Stick comes with a USB Power Supply) this was the only difference.
                                I think ok and plug it on TV (with my USB Power Supply which was still behind the TV) and i can set 1080p without Problems.
                                At this Time i wrote to the Seller that i will also Stick with connected Cable on the Power Supply. And now i got this new Device and it can run Neo´s New 2.0 in wonderfull 1080p without any Problems.

The Seller dont have this Device in his **** Shop anymore, why i can not say.
                                So I think are rather useless to ask.

(Sorry for my bad english)

Sorry for the wrong name of the rom
                                Dont need sorry Bro lol

however that mine was a crap device is the first thing I thought. But I'm not sure, because many people in the last times seems to have similar problems, and someone (don't remember exactly who) said that as well as TV01 ROM also with the Finless beta 4.4 rom there isn't the issue, and it's strange that the last beta kernel needs less resources, I guess...
                                I dont know, here the Devices, no difference but the "OLD = First" has the flickering Problem !

However too bad I can't send the device back to geekbuying, because unless they pay also the return shipment, from Italy to China it costs too much respect of the item's value (same price, more or less).
                                Thats why i buy in Germany
                                Last edited by TVDroid; 01-20-2014, 20:20.
                                ... TVDroid

> > > Devices: Minix Neo X7 & HiSilikon® T-R42 II < < <

Comment

Working...
                                X