Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NextBook 7P S (Resisitve screen) - Ice Cream Sandwich - Finless ROM 1.2 Root and Gplay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NextBook 7P S (Resisitve screen) - Ice Cream Sandwich - Finless ROM 1.2 Root and Gplay

Don't plug in device....download USB deview. Run. Remove anything that looks like it was just installed so the comp will want to look for drivers. Point it at your rk2918 drivers folder. Windows should see it as rock usb device. Don't forget to check usb debugging, mock locations doesn't hurt either. Now you should be abe to reset and rk tool should say found.

KID™IDAHO tapatalk

Comment

unable

Okay not an idiot but sure feeling like one. Got the nextbook 7s serial YF0312.
      Following instructions for the gplay root rom.

One - unless opened no SDCard to be removed that I could find.
      Unfort none of my computers are asking for drivers when plugged in.

Any ideas and advice appreciated.

THanks
      Free

Comment

Still not accepting the driver

Originally posted by kididaho View Post
        Don't plug in device....download USB deview. Run. Remove anything that looks like it was just installed so the comp will want to look for drivers. Point it at your rk2918 drivers folder. Windows should see it as rock usb device. Don't forget to check usb debugging, mock locations doesn't hurt either. Now you should be abe to reset and rk tool should say found.

KID™IDAHO tapatalk
        Sorry, I'm just getting back to this. I've tried it everyway I can see, and no matter what, windows says the driver isn't compatible.

I've tried removing drivers with driverview, and rebooting. Didn't seem to change anything.

I'm using the drivers from here, on my Win7 x64 box
        C:\Nextbook_7P S ICS Resistive Finless ROM 1.2 Gplay\drivers\64bit\win7

Any other ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by don't has View Post
          Sorry, I'm just getting back to this. I've tried it everyway I can see, and no matter what, windows says the driver isn't compatible.

I've tried removing drivers with driverview, and rebooting. Didn't seem to change anything.

I'm using the drivers from here, on my Win7 x64 box
          C:\Nextbook_7P S ICS Resistive Finless ROM 1.2 Gplay\drivers\64bit\win7

Any other ideas?
          Drag and drop the winusb driver into your system 32 folder. Then when windows wants a driver, point it to windows/system32 and say OK. Flash mode is a sequence of button presses. If you have hard volume buttons plug in device while turned on, press both volume keys at the same time and hold. Now press reset with paperclip and let off paperclip. Computer should be beeping. When you hear last sound after releasing paperclip let go of vol buttons. Run rk29 tool and it should say found.
          If you dont have hard vol buttons use your power button.
          Make sure you have downloaded and installed android SDK and updated prior to all of the above steps. Instructions for android SDK can be found on this forum. Good luck.

Comment

re static ip

Originally posted by d3kilo View Post
            I found a bug in this Next book 7s resistive ICS ROM

i can't set a ip static on WIFI connection with this ROM. when I modified network only show password menu no other menu below for setting IP static, dns ,etc.

It is because the build.prop or the ROM ?

anyone can't help solve this problem?

edit : Trying using wifixmanager.apk, but not solving the problem. only can change WIFI country from US to ID or other country
            My tablet had this problem originally (no static ip option anywhere in wifi settings).

I used this rom hoping to fix the problem by allowing wifi apps to change the wifi settings. Most of them didn't work. I would be nice if I knew which ones did. I think that one of these two or both in combination changed the wifi settings to static ip. Wifi Butler and/or Wifi Connection Manager 1.2.1. (I used them in that order) I am too afraid to touch either one now to figure out what worked.

I was able to download them from Googlepay only because of this rom so I think it solved my problem in two ways.

I hope this is helpful to someone, though probably not to the person who originally asked about this. When I was looking for the solution (for a week) I found nothing concrete. That's why I'm posting this.

I have dial up and was trying to get a base station graphite to give me an internet connection. (go ahead and laugh)
            Neither one of my Cruz tablets will connect to the internet through it without a public dns and neither would the nextbook. I am sure that isn't useful to anybody except me but there it is.

Thank you very much for the rom.

Comment

It's not working...

*sigh

I'm using Windows XP to do this. I got to step 6 of the read me and I have a yellow ? labeled 'Other Devices' with 4 sub-items labeled: 'Android', 'Ethernet Controller', 'Modem Device on High Definition Audio Bus', and 'SM Bus Controller'. I have right clicked each one and selected 'Update Driver', and subsequently selected the 'AHCI_Intel_v7.5.0.1017_XPx86' file from the Browse window. Every time I get, 'CANNOT INSTALL THIS HARDWARE' and below that, "The hardware was not installed because the wizard cannot find the necessary software." Please Help...

Comment

Nextbook 7S YF0913

I just received a nextbook 7s YF0913 and wanted to update the rom so I could get google play on it. I just wanted confirm if the rom listed on page one was compatible with my device as I have not seen any posts relating to newer models as my model is listed as being manufactured in September 2013. I believe it is the Resistive screen model as per the description from the website from where it was ordered from.

Comment

I don't see why not.

Comment

Originally posted by Plasmastar View Post
                    I don't see why not.
                    Thanks Plasmastar. I gave it try and it worked.

Comment

Originally posted by tsjunk View Post
                      Thanks Plasmastar. I gave it try and it worked.
                      That's good news. Hope you enjoy the rom.

Comment

Another rooted version of the firmware for Nextbook Next7s (Resistive)

Guys!
                        When testing the stability of the system after the firmware upgrade by Finless ROM 1.2 was discovered accidentally hang (blocking) the tablet. After that was need to reboot the system by pressing on reset button.
                        Therefore I propose to test the stability of its rooted version of the firmware:

Comment

Hi folks I just wonted to thank all of you for helping me out.
                          I gave my wife an nextbook7 that only had get jar app which was worthless. No working face book or net flix. After spending some time reading I got out her next book 7 which she never used and rooted with the flash. The next book work with Gplay and she now has an working face book and even Netflix work well.
                          I do have an Question it has only 2 gig of flash so I bough an 8 gig SD card but I don't know how to con fig it to work for storing the apps. Some apps has an option to move to the SD card but it move it to an file in the flash memory File name SD card.

Comment

I know I am a little behind the curve on this, but I just wanted to say thank you to everyone involved in this project. I inherited one of these things after the family went to iDevices (I'm a recovering iDevice user, myself.) and wanted to use it in places I wouldn't be comfortable taking my iPad. I'm a farmer, so you can only imagine. Thank you again.

Comment

Finless ROM 1.2 abandoned?

Was just checking to see if Finless ROM 1.2 is abandoned or discontinued. Been using it for a couple years and appreciate the support. It turned a useless tablet into a working tablet. Still can't get Netflix to work on it, not sure it could even handle it honestly, but there apparently was an update to fix the Netflix issue from the Nextbook website but was after the creation of Finless ROM 1.2. Would of been nice to get some performance or overclocking features built-in like Cyanogenmod tends to do. Other then that just checking the scene to see if you guys are brewing an update or have abandoned this all together.

Comment

Working...
                              X