This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by noderat View Post
    Strange, I'm using a 70" in HD and I don't have a size issue... Though I am using finless's boot1080_large

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.
    Right, small icons u will only get uf u use HD Kernel with 720 Boot image.

Summary:

2 ways to get larger icons

SD kernel + boot720.img or
    HD Kernel + boot1080_large.img

Small icons

HD Kernel + boot720.img

And what about SD Kernel + boot1080_large.img? I´ve tested it, everything is uberbig. The docksymbols are on the right side of the screen (vertical).

Maybe the KK navbar is missing with this combination but to be honest i dont like the KK navbar. Im using Auto Hide Soft Keys.

@noderat
    For 70 inch TV maybe the best combo, you should test it.

The boot images u will get here https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9BF...dWc/edit?pli=1
    cx-919ii

Comment

A few things:

1. I took the 2.07 kernel, removed the .config and applied this to the current code base to get the DDR/GPU unlock applied and sent to MaxOne. He reports the same problem on booting and so it appears the unlock is causing it. Sorry.

2. Bob and I are working on the new 'Official' KitKat release, I've already got a new kernel prepared from scratch with full unlock. Much cleaner than the beta ones. Be patient.

3. If you use build.prop editor you can change the icon size on the desktop to suit. I personly use a setting of 200 for HD and 160 for SD.
      Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
      Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
      Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
      Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
      CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
      Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
      RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

Yo D33,

2. That sounds great, i can and i will wait. I´ve tested the official KK release already , all i can say its nice and Wifi Display is also working, woohoo.

3. Nice, im gonna test it now.

So for this thread, the beta kernel development has officially stopped.
        cx-919ii

Comment

Originally posted by Max One View Post
          Yo D33,

2. That sounds great, i can and i will wait.

3. Nice, im gonna test it now.

So for this thread, the beta kernel development has officially stopped.
          Unless you would rather I don't bother with the new stuff?

Current public discussion here

Donate to Finless

Comment

Maybe it's not new for you guys but this kernel for t works like a charm on my lg tv but doesn't work on cheap logik tv that I use upstairs....Same stick different tv. Strange

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Comment

Kitkat Kernels for All (well most!)

Originally posted by Foka002 View Post
              Maybe it's not new for you guys but this kernel for t works like a charm on my lg tv but doesn't work on cheap logik tv that I use upstairs....

Try set it down to 720p and then connect to logic TV again, any difference?

Comment

Re: Kitkat Kernels for All (well most!)

Originally posted by jacobsson View Post
                Try set it down to 720p and then connect to logic TV again, any difference?
                Yeah I tried sd and hd versions and with sd I managed to boot up but had reboots every few minutes.

Comment

Re: Kitkat Kernels for All (well most!)

Yeah I tried sd and hd versions and with sd I managed to boot up but had reboots every few minutes.

Make sure you set 720p in the android settings. Try different refresh rates as well.

Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

Comment

Thanks guys I'll try it tonight

Comment

Originally posted by noderat View Post
                      Make sure you set 720p in the android settings. Try different refresh rates as well.

Thanks for clarifying!

By the way, do you now how I could test my RAM/CPU/GPU more in depth?
                      D33 claims that having OC above 1800/600/720 would cripple my hardware in real life performance, I haven't noticed this at all. To be sure I'd like to do a more thorough analysis.
                      Thanks!

Comment

Maybe it's not new for you guys but this kernel for t works like a charm on my lg tv but doesn't work on cheap logik tv that I use upstairs....Same stick different tv. Strange

I have an LG TV too. Presumably why I don't see the problems others report.

Donate to Finless

Comment

Originally posted by d33 View Post
                          I have an LG TV too. Presumably why I don't see the problems others report.
                          Me too, but I've experienced extreme flickering on SONY Bravia panels.

Comment

No issues with Vizio E-Series in 50" or 70" or with 42" LG panel either.

Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

Comment

Originally posted by jacobsson View Post
                              D33 claims that having OC above 1800/600/720 would cripple my hardware in real life performance
                              Not quite true. I said the performance gains above 1.8/600/720 are not really there. You can OC above on all three but the linear gain breaks down for the reasons I said.

I have clocked to the same values you said and cheated by compiling shorter wait states in but the gains were minimal and the heat worrying.

Donate to Finless

Comment

Kitkat Kernels for All (well most!)

Originally posted by d33 View Post
                                Not quite true. I said the performance gains above 1.8/600/720 are not really there. You can OC above on all three but the linear gain breaks down for the reasons I said.

I have clocked to the same values you said and cheated by compiling shorter wait states in but the gains were minimal and the heat worrying.
                                Thank you D33. Since I have sufficient cooling heat is not an issue (it is definitely an issue w/o). I didn't expect linear gain, I'm more interested to see if I am over taxing my hardware w/o realizing it.
                                I was thinking you were also curious to see what performance we could get from the little guy.
                                Anyway, if there are any tests you'd like me to perform I'm up for it!

Comment

Working...
                                X