X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kitkat Kernels for All (well most!)

Originally posted by jacobsson View Post
    Haha, well then I don't feel as sorry for you anymore
    But I admire the hours you seem to be able to squeeze in to this/these project(s) as well!
    I saw that there is some RK3288 units coming soon, are you planning make them 'from-unusable-to-more-than-usable' as well?
    Well I think focus will move to aml quads initially as I have got an aml tablet (which I bricked within a day!) and may be receiving a TV box soon.

One commercial guy promised to send me a 3288 box as soon as he got a sample so that I could look to enhance.

Using my ipad so apols for any stupid ios spelling 'corrections'
    Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
    Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
    Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
    Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
    CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
    Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
    RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

Kitkat Kernels for All (well most!)

Originally posted by d33 View Post
      Well I think focus will move to aml quads initially as I have got an aml tablet (which I bricked within a day!) and may be receiving a TV box soon.

One commercial guy promised to send me a 3288 box as soon as he got a sample so that I could look to enhance.

By the way, just for curiosity I checked the energy consumption of my CX-919 during Antutu.
      It measured 9W of 10W available (according to rating 2A*5V). I'm going to test a 3A adapter next week to see if the device suffers from energy starvation during high load scenarios (I should probably have 3A to be safe anyway).
      Last edited by jacobsson; 04-13-2014, 09:16.

Comment

So the easiest way to find out wether you have a T-chip is: flash a d33 kernel and install a DMESG app, and search the log for d33info. There it will tell you wether you have a RK3188 or RK3188T.

For me it worked. First I installed a T-kernel. I had many screen-glitches, and my device became really hot. Then I looked in the DMESG log, and found out I had a non-T chip. After that I flashed a non-T kernel, my device works smoother and becomes less hot.

Before this I tried to remove the heatsink while heating with a hairdryer, but this is really hard, and risky. Even when I heated it, and used much force, I did not succeed. I stopped because I was afraid to break the board. The easier and safer way is the one mentioned above.

1. If it gets too hot then I personally wouldn't OC.
        2. If you flash one of my kernels and look in the DMESG for "D33info" you will see what CPU you have.
        3. Someone posted that setting lcdc1 to 1.8v fixes flicker. All my kernels are set to 1.8v but people still report flicker

Comment

D33 i hear ya re bricking lol, So happy amilogic working now and see a pay back coming for 3188T chipsets.

Dont think rockchip will hit the marks as amilogic is and its more open to devs, i ordered small shipment of tronsmart s89 ellite so will see if dd sound dts can be done with rom swaps like bob thinks may be possible. once i get them ill set few aside for testing. China shipping disaster is my only pain now!! lol
          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Hi

Can anyone make JB kernels from stable radxa rock kernel source.
            It supports all the wifi including MT7601.
            The blue led on device works, not just red.
            Stability for RK3188T
            No screen Flickering etc.

Is it possible to adjust d33 KitKat config file to work for this source?
            GitHub is where people build software. More than 100 million people use GitHub to discover, fork, and contribute to over 420 million projects.

It will really help a lot of people with devices that don't have KitKat support.

Comment

-double post-
              Last edited by Geitje; 04-19-2014, 19:12.

Comment

Hi guys,

I've modified d33 awesome kernel to stay awake after the TV has been turned off. It seems the PM was kicking in when the HDMI signal was lost, i.e. the TV was shut off, and I had to cycle the power. I've been running it for a week and I haven't had any issues.

I've only recompiled it for the AP6210 only since that's what I have. I can upload it if anyone else is interested. Let me know.

Thanks to d33 for this great kernel!!

NN99

Comment

sound problem

in my mk908ii the sound is too loud there are no steps in sound settings.anyone can help?

Comment

Originally posted by NN99 View Post
                    Hi guys,

I've modified d33 awesome kernel to stay awake after the TV has been turned off. It seems the PM was kicking in when the HDMI signal was lost, i.e. the TV was shut off, and I had to cycle the power. I've been running it for a week and I haven't had any issues.

I've only recompiled it for the AP6210 only since that's what I have. I can upload it if anyone else is interested. Let me know.

Thanks to d33 for this great kernel!!

NN99
                    What did you change Sir?

Donate to Finless

Comment

What did you change Sir?
                      I disabled CONFIG_CLK_SWITCH_TO_32K flag in the kernel config file, which controls whether the pmic is suspended or not.

Another thing that was driving me crazy was the ddr frequency table. Even though it appeared the ddr struct in the board file was being used, it wasn't. Instead the ddr struct in dvfs.c was being used.

Next is to hunt down the nagging i2c warning that's being thrown all the time...

Comment

I disabled CONFIG_CLK_SWITCH_TO_32K flag in the kernel config file, which controls whether the pmic is suspended or not.

Another thing that was driving me crazy was the ddr frequency table. Even though it appeared the ddr struct in the board file was being used, it wasn't. Instead the ddr struct in dvfs.c was being used.

Next is to hunt down the nagging i2c warning that's being thrown all the time...
                        Interesting. Not the best name of the config!

With regard to the other two things I'm unsure what you mean?

DDR - The tables are only overridden in dvfs for the T-model
                        I2C - what warnings?

Donate to Finless

Comment

hi. i have the same issue if i change from hdmi1 (mk908ii) to hdmi2 (tv box set), if i want to return to hdmi1 it has to boot again...
                          can i have a kernel_t_AP6210_HD_v310 from nn99 (pls) with the modification made by you? thx
                          or should i wait for d33 to update it (if u plan to do it in the next hours)

thx guys.

Comment

Interesting. Not the best name of the config!

With regard to the other two things I'm unsure what you mean?

DDR - The tables are only overridden in dvfs for the T-model
                            I2C - what warnings?
                            Actually CONFIG_CLK_SWITCH_TO_32K makes sense, since the MCU is switching to the slower oscillator 32KHz to conserve power. But I agree it could be clearer....

Hmmm...I just verified that CONFIG_RK3188T_FREQ is not set and the ddr table is still pulled from dvfs.c. I don't see any #ifdef guards that check for RK3188T except in the board file.

The i2c warning is: i2c i2c-4: No ack, Maybe slave(addr: 0x69) not exist or abnormal power-on retry

Comment

Originally posted by marca View Post
                              hi. i have the same issue if i change from hdmi1 (mk908ii) to hdmi2 (tv box set), if i want to return to hdmi1 it has to boot again...
                              can i have a kernel_t_AP6210_HD_v310 from nn99 (pls) with the modification made by you? thx
                              or should i wait for d33 to update it (if u plan to do it in the next hours)

thx guys.
                              I can upload the kernels but it will take some time. Unless, d33 wants to do another release with that feature?

Comment

Actually CONFIG_CLK_SWITCH_TO_32K makes sense, since the MCU is switching to the slower oscillator 32KHz to conserve power. But I agree it could be clearer....

Hmmm...I just verified that CONFIG_RK3188T_FREQ is not set and the ddr table is still pulled from dvfs.c. I don't see any #ifdef guards that check for RK3188T except in the board file.

The i2c warning is: i2c i2c-4: No ack, Maybe slave(addr: 0x69) not exist or abnormal power-on retry
                                DDR - I think I'm guilty of not pushing my last changes!
                                I2C - This only comes when you include RK1000 but the device doesn't have it?

Donate to Finless

Comment

Working...
                                X