Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minix official release the NEO X8 and X8S Quad Core Android TV BOX Power By Amlogic S802 and S802H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alwaysbless View Post
    Yea youre right, good idea bob. Its intended for any new device thats launching and needs to be reviewed really I just originated the thought in this thread lol. Ill set up a new one in the main subforum and users who want to apply this questionnaire to other devices can create separate threads in their device subforum.
    When your done and ready, I will sticky it

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Minix official release the NEO X8 and X8S Quad Core Android TV BOX Power By A...

Originally posted by Finless View Post
      This has been the case before except for RK KitKat. I think Minix did not want to proceed with KitKat on their X7 which is understandable considering how much work it needed from the RK SDK release.

Bob
      No we are working on that but if it's not better than the current 4.2 ROM there is no point to take it out. RK's 4.4 is faster but not better at this stage.

Comment

Minix official release the NEO X8 and X8S Quad Core Android TV BOX Power By A...

Originally posted by georget View Post
        @alwaysbless

"(15) Heat test - Run a slot machine game (or really any other CPU/GPU intensive app) for 10 minutes straight and check temp by hand - is it cool? is it warm? has performance been effected?"

That is a great list to use a reference. Fos consistency sake, what slot machine program are you using? Does it have a good attract mode so it can run without interaction? Thanks.
        Our samples have been benching in a 40c room for over a half month already and still running? Using the program provided by Amlogic to load all 4 cores to 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by MINIX View Post
          Our samples have been benching in a 40c room for over a half month already and still running? Using the program provided by Amlogic to load all 4 cores to 100%.
          Nice to read and hope not only the samples will do this job
          Is this 'stress test app' open or closed? And if open, please share with us.
          RK3288 Devices
          - Overview BOX (LINK !)
          - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
          UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Re: Minix official release the NEO X8 and X8S Quad Core Android TV BOX Power By Amlogic S802 and S802H

I have order one, so I look forward to seeing how it differs from my Neo X7.

The mods did to wonders with the X7 though, so no doubt they will do the same for this box in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by MINIX View Post
              Very impressive indeed! Thank you MiniX for making the BEST ATV in the business.

Comment

Does it have H.265 and HDMI CEC support????
                Free 100Gb space for your files:
                https://degoo.com/g/Ov7nAz0

Comment

Re: Minix official release the NEO X8 and X8S Quad Core Android TV BOX Power By Amlogic S802 and S802H

Woo-hoo! My Neo X8-H is on its way!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Mine just cleared customs in Ohio

Comment

Shipping confirmation, yay (well, actually now the painful part begins )

I'm pretty psyched right now. I also ordered parts for a DIY hardware project. A tiny little "companion" screen (with some buttons) for TV-boxes so that notifications and other information can be passed to it. That way, the TV does not need to be on just to check the status of the box. Also, playback controls.

So obviously I can't wait until all these new toys arrive

Comment

Yay mine shipped too But I choose the slow shipping method so have to remain patience for a while,

It will be fun to read the user reviews/experiences of the ppl who choose the fast shipment.

In the meantime I am browsing some of the other S802 devices forums to get an idea of the operation.

Comment

Originally posted by MiniKo View Post
                          Yay mine shipped too But I choose the slow shipping method so have to remain patience for a while,

It will be fun to read the user reviews/experiences of the ppl who choose the fast shipment.

In the meantime I am browsing some of the other S802 devices forums to get an idea of the operation.
                          As above, recieved confirmation today but chose slower shipping option. Anyone know how long this normally takes, first order ever from geekbuying. Should I buy razors and hair dye.

Comment

yeahhh.. today left myne also.. slow offcourse to avoid customs as for the receive time sometimes i have things from china in 1 week but most of the time above 2 weeks... so pation is a virtue

Comment

This is my 1st Android mini PC and 1st time experiencing ordering via geekbuying. Quite impressed till now with their service.

Checked my mails this morning, mine seems to be on the way also. Ordered it through DHL, few minutes ago it was showing on DHL web page it's still in Hong Kong (or maybe somewhere in the air... on the way...). The confirmation email from geekbuying is saying it would take 3-5 business days to get it delivered to my address, so I would expect to get it maybe beginning-mid of next week.

I'll see also what would be the additional custom taxes (expecting max the VAT as extra...).

No one got it yet to make also a video review on youtube? Minix or Eric?

EDIT: wow! already DHL called me, telling me I might get my new toy latest by this Friday. Well done Geekbuying!!! So over the week-end I might be able to play with it.
                              Last edited by adi_tca; 06-03-2014, 12:21.

Comment

Mine is on it's way too.

I have to say this is my first time using geekbuying, with the support here and fast service i'm very impressed with this webstore.

by the way chose slow mail to avoid aditional costs

Comment

Working...
                                X