Tronsmart Vega s89 Standard/Elite FAQ - READ THIS FIRST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick question:

I have Tronsmart Vega S89 standard stock old ROM where OTA does not work (not 108k). What should I install into my box to get all the bells and whistles. Alternative ROM? Stock rom updated? Any other hints?
    I use XBMC mostly on it with bluetooth keyboard paired.

Comment

hi,

I cannot find it in the FAQ - but for a replacement power supply - what is the pinout for the connector please?

I know it is 5V, 3A, but is the centre negative or positive please?

Thank you.

EDIT: seems I cannot read - the centre is positive and is marked on the device itself.
      Last edited by gizmomelb; 01-01-2015, 06:19.

Comment

I have Tronsmart MXIII and can't change aspect ration on HD movies. Changing aspect ratio works on SD movies.
        However HD movies with let's say 2.39:1 are stretched top to bottom and changing aspect ratio has no effect (nothing is happening).
        Any idea what could be wrong?
        The system is rooted, Kodi is in supersu. Stock ROM 114k4.

EDIT: Solved. The stock Kodi that came with rom had this issue, updating to latest nightly solved the issue.
        Last edited by Brano; 05-29-2015, 18:11.

Comment

Originally posted by domyrat
          Quick question:

I have Tronsmart Vega S89 standard stock old ROM where OTA does not work (not 108k). What should I install into my box to get all the bells and whistles. Alternative ROM? Stock rom updated? Any other hints?
          I use XBMC mostly on it with bluetooth keyboard paired.
          you have stock rom version 112k4, but you have to do it manually via sd card method...i am on 109k4 at the moment but mine vega s89 refuse to do update on 112k4...but you should try with 112k4, maybe you will update without problems...

Comment

hi friend, i have new tronsmart S89, i have problem. After quit Pover off (suspend off same) is external HD still running why? Why isnt turned OFF? i must manualy unpluged cable from S89 to turnig of. pls help me. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by barney222 View Post
              hi friend, i have new tronsmart S89, i have problem. After quit Pover off (suspend off same) is external HD still running why? Why isnt turned OFF? i must manualy unpluged cable from S89 to turnig of. pls help me. thanks
              I searched a long time for a solution to this problem without success. It appears that nobody has ever figured a way to send a spin-down command to external HD in android. I have to wait 30 minutes with no activity for my WD HD to spin down on its own. If i turn my S89 off before the HD spin down it spins forever.

Comment

Working...
              X