No announcement yet.

Tronsmart Vega s89 Standard/Elite FAQ - READ THIS FIRST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok i did this new 101k4. Update than I add the patch for 5GHz next I did root it with the patch zip that Bob put it on the forum than install the gotham xbmc, but the problem I have now is that the box is freezing the moment I start using in on xbmc and I have to unplug it , what I'm doing Wrong???
    Last edited by nutzu; 05-10-2014, 19:02.

Comment

Originally posted by nutzu View Post
      nope is not done the last xbmc make my box to restart so I installed the original one that comes and no problem
      Well... Lol... Done for the normal Users. TThere is always the odd one out that did not follow my instructions down to the point - from stock... .

Not to worry

Comment

Originally posted by Lokie View Post
        Well... Lol... Done for the normal Users. TThere is always the odd one out that did not follow my instructions down to the point - from stock... .

Not to worry
        did that not working from the Finless zip,I have the 100k4 and tried to do the zip 101k4 it gives me an error package not recognized

Comment

Has the problem with not being able to use paid apps been fixed?

Comment

Originally posted by nutzu View Post
            did that not working from the Finless zip,I have the 100k4 and tried to do the zip 101k4 gives me an error packare not recognized

Which 101k4 zip did you use exactly?
            Did recovery complain about package not recognized? If so then you have corrupted image. re-download And try again

Comment

Originally posted by HelpMePlz View Post
              Has the problem with not being able to use paid apps been fixed?
              Yes, in 101k4

Comment

Which update lookie ..beelink or the other 101k4

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by londonshore View Post
                  Which update lookie ..beelink or the other 101k4

They all the same except boot logos maybe. Just make sure you flash the correct model's firmware

Comment

You gave me the info remember pm.. I have the s82 model 4k logo round

Comment

DPI CHANGE

Does anyone know how to change the DPI in these ROMs, editing the build.prop is no use the LCD density line has been commented out, and altering it causes 101k4 to crash whilst booting (requiring a re-flash) and has no effect on Finless 1.3.

Xposed framework does work on an app by app basis, but I need something a bit more global,

any help much appreciated

Russ

Comment

Originally posted by Lokie View Post
                        To get your box to the latest fw :
                        1)
                        For FW Load the 101K4 version here (Read instructions!):
                        http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-update-format

2)
                        Root your box with :
                        http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...oot-ZIP-update

3)
                        Then uninstall the XBMC app (its RC1 in 101K4) and install XBMC gotham final (ARM Android) : http://xbmc.org/download/

Done...
                        thanks for your help lokie.
                        but for some reason, every single time i install 101k4 that you linked to, it limits my clock to 698MHZ. ??? but if i install finless 1.3, i get the regular 1.6 ghz clock speeds. i have no idea whats going on. i have tried at least 10 fresh installs of each rom (stockand finless 13). each time with stock, the clock is reduced. im very confused lol

ill probably stick with finless 13 for now since i cant figure out what im doing wrong with the latest update.

i might have to return this box for another one. maybe its defective.
                        im also having bluetooth issues on finless 13. its not finding any of my devices. :/

...it really is a shame i cant get paid apps on finless 1.3, but it looks like that's the only real problem thats different from 1014k as far as i can tell. That and the occasional systemui FC. my solution is to buy the app i need on my phone, and then find it in the store on the s89
                        Last edited by cuezaireekaa; 05-12-2014, 04:08.

Comment

I am about to order one of these. Does the new model S89-H hardware decode DTS HD MA and Dolby True HD aswell or only DTS?? I would like to use XBMC to passthrough my DTS HD MA mkv movies to my Sony AV receiver-home theater.Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by steliosg13 View Post
                            I am about to order one of these. Does the new model S89-H hardware decode DTS HD MA and Dolby True HD aswell or only DTS?? I would like to use XBMC to passthrough my DTS HD MA mkv movies to my Sony AV receiver-home theater.Thanks
                            pass-through isn't the same as hardware decoding

And at the moment nobody (but amlogic) can answer that, because first release at the next week...
                            RK3288 Devices
                            - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                            - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                            UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                            Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                            Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                            Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                              pass-through isn't the same as hardware decoding

And at the moment nobody (but amlogic) can answer that, because first release at the next week...

yes i am aware and i would prefer the passthrough so that the receiver can do the decoding.. i was asking just to find out the differences.. i think ill be happy with the common version or the elite.. passthrough will suffice as long as DTS HD 'passes through' to my receiver!

Comment

Originally posted by steliosg13 View Post
                                yes i am aware and i would prefer the passthrough so that the receiver can do the decoding.. i was asking just to find out the differences.. i think ill be happy with the common version or the elite.. passthrough will suffice as long as DTS HD 'passes through' to my receiver!
                                another good description

DTS-HD seams to work
                                http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?11927-Product-Review-Tronsmart-Vega-S89-HDMI-and-Optical-Passthrough-Test&p=164911&viewfull=1#post164911
                                RK3288 Devices
                                - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                                - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                                UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                                Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                                Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                                Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Working...
                                X