Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tronsmart Vega s89 Standard/Elite FAQ - READ THIS FIRST

Originally posted by Lokie View Post
    No... This was on my desktop actualy. In firefox browser. I use dolphin on my mobile and that does not work either.
    I was referring to my edit using my phone borking the link. Nothing to do with you.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.

Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

Comment

Re: Tronsmart Vega s89 Standard/Elite FAQ - READ THIS FIRST

seems not many devices are supported with this... pity...
      Hope it gets fixed - my S4 also not supported
      AFAIK the current incarnation of Google TV is discontinued, I don't believe that app will be updated anytime soon.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.

Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

Comment

Bootlooping. Please help.

Hey guys! I just got my Vega Elite yesterday and attempted to flash Finless ROM for this specific device using the first method listed in the READ ME file. Device rebooted and is now stuck in the boot screen. I tried the 2nd method with the toothpick to get into recovery, however 3 mice, 2 keyboards, stock remote and minx air mouse will not get me to my update zip. I posted on the Finless thread, but haven't heard back there seems to be much more activity on this thread. I just need a bit of help getting it to boot. Thank you in advance.

Comment

instead of going different methods just try the same one again ... that works for me on this new boxes

Comment

First reply!

Originally posted by TMx View Post
            instead of going different methods just try the same one again ... that works for me on this new boxes
            Winner! You are actually the first guy to reply to me on freaktab! Thanks. I found the stock ROM in a zip provided by Finless Bob. It is build 101K4 (I think that is the latest?). Flashed with no probs. Rooted with VRoot. Only problem I am running into now is with video playback. This is just with apps though, as I have not set up my XBMC yet. Not my connection. Any ideas? I have a dentist appointment, then I will come back and search some more and try out some XBMC. Again, any help is welcome and thanks again!

Comment

just got my s89 elite
              upon rooting with vroot (because i hadnt seen this site yet. DOH) i have installed RomToolbox and android tuner and noticed my max cpu is only at 698, only one core is active, and it will not stick when selecting anything higher. i have SuperSU updated and all.. im in the process of downloading finless but is this normal? the clock maxing out at 698 i mean. my antutu was at 13000 which seems low

Comment

Originally posted by cuezaireekaa View Post
                just got my s89 elite
                upon rooting with vroot (because i hadnt seen this site yet. DOH) i have installed RomToolbox and android tuner and noticed my max cpu is only at 698, only one core is active, and it will not stick when selecting anything higher. i have SuperSU updated and all.. im in the process of downloading finless but is this normal? the clock maxing out at 698 i mean. my antutu was at 13000 which seems low
                No not normal. Max cpu frequency should be 1.6ghz we still wait for fix for 2ghz). Min should be 96mhz.
                this should give you Antutu of 28000 - 32000 (depending on free mem and other background apps)

Comment

No not normal. Max cpu frequency should be 1.6ghz we still wait for fix for 2ghz). Min should be 96mhz.
                  this should give you Antutu of 28000 - 32000 (depending on free mem and other background apps)
                  thats what i thought.
                  it so strange that it wont go higher than 698. i can see in the slider that it can reach 2.0 ghz.

anyway, im in a boot loop right now after installing finless 1.2. so im just waiting on my download of the stock rom and im gonna install taht fresh and then the 1.2 update. hopefully that works out for me. im not new to android so im not stuck or anything. im just puzzled as to why i was clocked so low. :/
                  im thinking the reason im in a boot loop now tho is because i rooted with VROOT first. i should have went back to unrooted stock and then flash finless.

thanks for your reply and if you have any advice, im all ears

Comment

thats what i thought.
                    it so strange that it wont go higher than 698. i can see in the slider that it can reach 2.0 ghz.

anyway, im in a boot loop right now after installing finless 1.2. so im just waiting on my download of the stock rom and im gonna install taht fresh and then the 1.2 update. hopefully that works out for me. im not new to android so im not stuck or anything. im just puzzled as to why i was clocked so low. :/
                    im thinking the reason im in a boot loop now tho is because i rooted with VROOT first. i should have went back to unrooted stock and then flash finless.

thanks for your reply and if you have any advice, im all ears
                    You should not install finless 1.2. Its thw old 100k4 fw. Just intall the new 101k4 fw and then root it.

Comment

You should not install finless 1.2. Its thw old 100k4 fw. Just intall the new 101k4 fw and then root it.
                      oh ok, thanks for that heads up. i didnt even notice it was older fw thank you1

Comment

dont want to spam the thread anymore than it needs to be but i found out that my issue had to do with VRoot.
                        everytime i rooted with their software, my clock stood at 689mhz (and i rooted as soon as i got it).
                        also, i think it was reading my device as a nexus. i dont know if its supposed to since its not official, or not.

So i ended up flashing the beta 1.3Finless rom and it rooted itself in recovery for me with SuperSU and my clocks seem to be at normal now.
                        just thought id post incase anyone else runs into this.

this box is WAYYY faster than it was when i opened it. very happy about this.

im only wondering now; should i stay on this rom (because i like all the build prop edits he has done) or should i install the latest stock rom? im assuming the stock rom is the absolute latest fw. would it hurt if i decided to stay on this beta?

Comment

dont want to spam the thread anymore than it needs to be but i found out that my issue had to do with VRoot.
                          everytime i rooted with their software, my clock stood at 689mhz (and i rooted as soon as i got it).
                          also, i think it was reading my device as a nexus. i dont know if its supposed to since its not official, or not.

So i ended up flashing the beta 1.3Finless rom and it rooted itself in recovery for me with SuperSU and my clocks seem to be at normal now.
                          just thought id post incase anyone else runs into this.

this box is WAYYY faster than it was when i opened it. very happy about this.

im only wondering now; should i stay on this rom (because i like all the build prop edits he has done) or should i install the latest stock rom? im assuming the stock rom is the absolute latest fw. would it hurt if i decided to stay on this beta?

To get your box to the latest fw :
                          1)
                          For FW Load the 101K4 version here (Read instructions!):
                          http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-update-format

2)
                          Root your box with :
                          http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...oot-ZIP-update

3)
                          Then uninstall the XBMC app (its RC1 in 101K4) and install XBMC gotham final (ARM Android) : http://xbmc.org/download/

Done...

Comment

settings

should i have any of these on in advanced settings.. remote control or digital audio detection ? its set to pcm?

Comment

To get your box to the latest fw :
                              1)
                              For FW Load the 101K4 version here (Read instructions!):
                              http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-update-format

2)
                              Root your box with :
                              http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...oot-ZIP-update

3)
                              Then uninstall the XBMC app (its RC1 in 101K4) and install XBMC gotham final (ARM Android) : http://xbmc.org/download/

Done...
                              nope is not done the last xbmc make my box to restart so I installed the original one that comes and no problem

Comment

The original is not stable

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X