Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arnova 10b G2 BETA TESTING THREAD - Finless Bob's "GingerComb" ROM Version 2.1 CWM

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went to three different places looking. For a adapter this morning all but what I needed so I ordered one probably be here day after tomorrow, I know your like me not gonna give up that easy. You shall prevail.
    freaktab art developer if you like my work please buy me a pepsi

Comment

I don t have mouse and it s work fine for me. first boot backup. and reboot on the first launch the screen calibration don t work. just reset unlock the screen and all is ok.
      Sorry for my english if you want you can speek french
      Tablet : Arnova 10bg2 finless rom 2.1
      Phone : LG gw620 root and modified by me

Comment

OK ill give it a try when I get home from the shop tonight, I just didn't want to flash. And be stuck without my tablet till I can get a mouse adapter. I rely on this thing for alot of stuff.

Comment

Reflashed rom last night loaded all my apps. Then lost root. Superuser force close. Anyone else having this problem?
          Only install roms with your battery charged fully. 10b g2 2.1r. LG Optimus v cm10. Polaroid pmid4311 4.0.7. Flytouh 1.9. Craig tablet 2.2.

Comment

Originally posted by rvp2 View Post
            Reflashed rom last night loaded all my apps. Then lost root. Superuser force close. Anyone else having this problem?
            Same for me just remove the superuser's data with apps manager and it's ok
            Sorry for my english if you want you can speek french
            Tablet : Arnova 10bg2 finless rom 2.1
            Phone : LG gw620 root and modified by me

Comment

Mickfr do you have resistive or capacitive 10bg2 ?

Comment

Originally posted by mickfr View Post
                Same for me just remove the superuser's data with apps manager and it's ok
                Thanks got root back.
                Only install roms with your battery charged fully. 10b g2 2.1r. LG Optimus v cm10. Polaroid pmid4311 4.0.7. Flytouh 1.9. Craig tablet 2.2.

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                  Yes easy to fix because you are rooted.. Go into /system/app and rename wizard.apk to wizard.old. However make sure you have calibrated before doing that.

Bob
                  when I do that on reboot touch screen doesn't work. Had to rename it back.

Comment

If you power down normally the calibrtation should not be needed. That only happens when you reboot using the reset pin hole. Which by the way you should not use a lot as it can corrupt your file system or sdcard file system. Android could be writing to a file and when you just do a reset, it can hose up the file system!

I am still trying to find a way to get the calibration past the lock screen. I found an app called nolock which will turn off the lock screen. However it wont help on first boot because the default for the APP is lock.

This is dirving me nuts. I am now asking for Petrus and Miklaus help. Either a script I can run on boot or a APP I can puit in the ROM where the default sets to nolock.

We will eventually get it. just not sure when
                    I have spent the entire day researching this issue.

Bob
                    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

NAILED IT!

I found a work around. By mapping a button to a key map I can use the volume up to unlock the screen!!!!

So I have a work around now! Now after first boot, I will need to give you guys a way top put back the key mapping so volume up works!

But I am finally getting there.

Bob

Comment

You go Bob, ill be home in a few and ill be up late so let me know and ill flash my tablet when you are ready.

Comment

OK so this is not going to be the cleanest solution but it will get you working until I can find a better one, if if I ever do!

I am remapping the volume up button to take the screen out of lock.
                          However now you dont have a volume up button. However, button savior does give you volume up and down soft buttons. But there will also be a pre-installed APK called button remapper.
                          Once you have calibrated your screen just use that to set it back to volume up so the buttom works again.

However if you do that and then do a pin hole reset. You will again be locked out. A reset causes the calibration to reset! Nothing I can do about that. As long as you power down the tablet correctly and not do a hard reset, it should work fine. But if you do a reset and have the volume up button mapped back to volume up, you will for ever be locked out again unless you plug in a mouse.

My suggestion would be to leave the button mapped to unlock and use the button savior volume soft buttons.

EDIT........

You guys have a choice of which button I remap. I can do volume up or volume down as stated above. Either one.
                          OR I am thinking it would be better to do the power button. If I do that then you will not be able to power off using the button (unless you map it back using button mapper). But if you leave it mapped to unlock, I can include Petrus reboot APP. You can put it on your desktop. Press it and choose to reboot, reboot into CWM, or power off.

So which do you think you want remapped?
                          Let me know and I will cook this up.

Bob

Comment

I would for sure say the volume up leave the power button alone cause with button savior who needs the hard buttons cause my screen calibrator is screwy anyway it came up when I turned my tablet on five minutes ago.its done it twice today. So im just gonna leave the buttons the way you cook it up.I knew you'd figure it out.

Comment

Bob we totally turned this into the 10bg2 resistive thread

Comment

Well.... I gotta get dinner. I just realized it's almost 9:00 here! Where did the time go!

So if my brain still feels good after eating I will cook this up for you. If not it will be first thing in the AM.

Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X