[ROM] QUICKSHOT V3.1 by The Nitro Team for Minix Neo X7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MX Player Freezing when skipping through a video

So the rom is awsome. super smooth and really happy with it. The only problem im having is that MX player freezes when skipping through a video. I gotta wait a while for it to respond or kill the app and start again.

Im running the standard kernel.

Anoyone else experincing this. Any way to solve it?

Thanks for a wicked rom!

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by bidelllo View Post
      Seems working... but i want to test with other cables and with video playback!
      I'll post the results.
      thanks a lot
      Uff, I am burning my little brain whit this bug, I hope this kernel can resolve it, if it works I will make a kernel-pack with all speeds

leolas
      REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
      My devices:
      Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
      MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
      Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
      Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
      Gearbest.com)
      MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
      Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
      Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Originally posted by neilmc81 View Post
        So the rom is awsome. super smooth and really happy with it. The only problem im having is that MX player freezes when skipping through a video. I gotta wait a while for it to respond or kill the app and start again.

Im running the standard kernel.

Anoyone else experincing this. Any way to solve it?

Thanks for a wicked rom!

Neil
        Are you using hw aceleration? (not hw+)

leolas
        My devices:
        Gearbest.com)
        Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
          Ok, I tried a different aproach to the flickering problem based in the feedback I received.
          Please can someone with the flickering problem try this kernel?

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

Please feedback the result.

leolas
          I have not been having the flashing issue... mine has worked just fine but I thought it would be a good test to make certain no other issues were introduced by the changes...

My own quick tests on everything I tried... were perfect again.

Comment

Originally posted by rdsok View Post
            I have not been having the flashing issue... mine has worked just fine but I thought it would be a good test to make certain no other issues were introduced by the changes...

My own quick tests on everything I tried... were perfect again.
            Thanks a lot rdsok I always do a quick test in my box with every kernel I made, I want to be sure that nothing goes worse for the users without problems.
            I really want to reproduce this issue and I tested my box in my 3 screens with all the hdmi cables (8 hdmi cables) I have, but unfortunately I am a lucky man with my X7 and all goes fine for me . I am sure that the cable is a factor in the problem, but the same cable works great in jb, and the problem is only present in kitkat, so something is wrong with this kernels, I read all that minix posted in his furum about this problem in 007 and all in d33 kernels thread.

leolas
            My devices:
            Gearbest.com)

Comment

Ok, I tried a different aproach to the flickering problem based in the feedback I received.
              Please can someone with the flickering problem try this kernel?

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

Please feedback the result.

leolas
              Prudence, after so much disappointment me should impose to wait, but the joy of seeing solved a big problem is greater caution, ad so pleased to have solved 99% of the problem! (A few more sporadic and rare very thin white line)

Leolas I would kiss you So thank you very much!

You may disclose the features of this kernel?

I am obligated and available !
              Last edited by kRel; 05-31-2014, 19:39.

Comment

Originally posted by kRel View Post
                Prudence, after so much disappointment me should impose to wait, but the joy of seeing solved a big problem is greater caution, ad so pleased to have solved 99% of the problem! (A few more sporadic and rare very thin white line)

Leolas I would kiss you So thank you very much!

You may disclose the features of this kernel?

I am obligated and available !
                No kiss please, my wife will feel jealous
                I am happy that this works at least at first for you. Lets wait more feedback of people with the problem and lets see.

The kernel has the same features than the ones provided with the rom, the speeds are cpu1600 ddr667 and gpu600h. Once I got more feedback I will compile a full pack.

leolas
                My devices:
                Gearbest.com)

Comment

What is the ideal/stable kernel value? I have a few problems with the one i'm using now (cpu1704-800-720)..tried resolving through changing the hdmi values 1080/30 doesn't seem to work..Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by Van Zeppelin View Post
                    What is the ideal/stable kernel value? I have a few problems with the one i'm using now (cpu1704-800-720)..tried resolving through changing the hdmi values 1080/30 doesn't seem to work..Thanks in advance!
                    If you experienced reboots or freezes you need to use lower oc values
                    each processor in each device is different, for me the most stable values is cpu1700 ddr 720 gpu600h; and I am very happy with them The rom works smooth at 1080p, and video does too. But at stock values the rom works great too. cpu1600 ddr720 gpu600

leolas
                    My devices:
                    Gearbest.com)

Comment

If you experienced reboots or freezes you need to use lower oc values
                      each processor in each device is different, for me the most stable values is cpu1700 ddr 720 gpu600h; and I am very happy with them The rom works smooth at 1080p, and video does too. But at stock values the rom works great too. cpu1600 ddr720 gpu600

leolas

Thanks for the info..i'll try the values you suggested. Otherwise, everything on this rom is just pure awesome! fantastic work guys.. every qs3.1 users here in canada are just happy with your work. So, thanks again!

Comment

No kiss please, my wife will feel jealous
                        I am happy that this works at least at first for you. Lets wait more feedback of people with the problem and lets see.

The kernel has the same features than the ones provided with the rom, the speeds are cpu1600 ddr667 and gpu600h. Once I got more feedback I will compile a full pack.

leolas
                        Well ...
                        therefore it is not a O.C. kernel. Let me be clear ... is fine with me! I keep it jealously ...

Anyway - right to information - with Quickflasher I got the notice of the kernel has not been installed ... with error code (posted above), but instead it was installed ...

Now (already 1 hour has passed) is working perfectly ...

Comment

Just wanted to say a huge thanks to Leolas, the ROM now seems to be running very well indeed- I solved my artifact issue by removing some additional options I had added in advancedsettings.xml from a previous ROM. It's now working superbly, this is on 720p kernel (don't have any 1080p TVs lol).

What was strange at first is when I first installed the ROM, it was flickering non-stop until I installed the 720p kernel then it was good.

Comment

The QSv.3 kernel Quickfklasher or Quickshot are the same QSv3.1 ?

----
                            Please note that here (to quickshot kernel pack 720)seems that there is an error:
                            the link 720 on mega seems to 1080 kernel, not 720.
                            Last edited by kRel; 05-31-2014, 21:59.

Comment

Re: [ROM] QUICKSHOT V3.1 by The Nitro Team for Minix Neo X7

Originally posted by kRel View Post
                              The QSv.3 kernel Quickfklasher or Quickshot are the same QSv3.1 ?
                              yes, same kernels but different way to flash it. choose the way you find easier
                              There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by daemonium View Post
                                yes, same kernels but different way to flash it. choose the way you find easier
                                I explained bad ....

I meant: the QSv3 kernels (quickflasher/quickshot) are the same kernel posted for QSv3.1 (quickflasher or quickshot)?

or
                                QSv3 kernels = QSv3.1 kernels ??

Comment

Working...
                                X