[ROM] QUICKSHOT V3.1 by The Nitro Team for Minix Neo X7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leolas View Post
    Ok, I tried a different aproach to the flickering problem based in the feedback I received.
    Please can someone with the flickering problem try this kernel?

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

Please feedback the result.

leolas
    Works!!!!
    any rom that was not based on the 6c version or earlier caused my screen to flicker (incl. wasser's kitkat). This one is stable! No flickering at all

This is what minix wrote on his forum regarding this issue :
    " This is what we have been keep saying to RK, we totally feel the same way.
    They made one mistake which does not exist on RK3066 - they canceled the build-in HDMI transmitter on RK3188 to save cost, everyone needing to use the HDMI output have to add an extra external transmitter chip which is less compatible to older devices, in particular, than the build-in one. Luckily this won't happen on RK3288 in the future because they realise it is wrong and build it in again.

No matter how hard we work, it's not something we could solve, so for those who are suffering from this issue, we offer a free swap. It's generally less than 1% so we are ok with that. MINIX team is not trying to solve the problem, we can't solve it, what we have been doing is to look for the best optimal parameters which are good for the most users. For those being affected, we exchange a new one as they (iTE) claimed to solve on newer batches.
    The current parameters are provided by iTE and they claim it is the best optimal.
    Please feel safe to buy, we shall take full responsibility if anything happens under normal usage"
    Thanks man

Comment

libmedia + XBMCZ: working setup for me for HDMI passthrough

QS3.1 is a great ROM! Thanks!
      My current setup: clean install + oc kernel (1080p-cpu1800-gpu798-ddr800).
      But HDMI ac3+dts passthrough was not not working for me (onkyo SR507 receiver + Samsung LCD): I hear only noise.
      So I made some test and I found a setup that is fully working: XBMC and MXPlayer plays correctly ac3 and dts audio stream.
      I'm using:
      • wasser KK patched libmedia.so (you can find here - manually substitute qs3.1 libmedia)
      • jmcm66 patched XBMCZ (you can find here - remove qs3.1 xbmc and install this one)

Bye,
      tode

Comment

Originally posted by tode View Post
        But HDMI ac3+dts passthrough was not not working for me (onkyo SR507 receiver + Samsung LCD): I hear only noise.
        So I made some test and I found a setup that is fully working: XBMC and MXPlayer plays correctly ac3 and dts audio stream.
        I'm using:
        • wasser KK patched libmedia.so (you can find here - manually substitute qs3.1 libmedia)
        • jmcm66 patched XBMCZ (you can find here - remove qs3.1 xbmc and install this one)
        Bye,
        tode
        most probably you did something wrong because the two points you mention are included in the rom

Comment

Originally posted by kokoui View Post
          most probably you did something wrong because the two points you mention are included in the rom
          Probably you can avoid to replace XBMCZ but the two libmedia.so are different, even if they have the same size in bytes (572784)
          I verifiied this with a diff command,
          tode

Comment

Hi leolas,

Your 1080p Kernel work beautifully on my MK902. Is there any chance you can share the source code for this kernel?

Thank you.
            For all your computer problems...
            http://www.salvamipc.es

Comment

Probably you can avoid to replace XBMCZ but the two libmedia.so are different, even if they have the same size in bytes (572784)
              tode
              I'm sorry but you are probably wrong, the libmedia.so included in qs3.1 is wasser's libmedia.so. We asked him for permission to include it. It should be the same unless wasser updated that libmedia.so after we included it on qs3.1.
              There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by daemonium View Post
                I'm sorry but you are probably wrong, the libmedia.so included in qs3.1 is wasser's libmedia.so. We asked him for permission to include it. It should be the same unless wasser updated that libmedia.so after we included it on qs3.1.
                Sorry mate, I checked twice
                I'm attaching the libmedia from qs3.1 and the one from wasser post: libmedia_qs3.1.zip
                This is the result of the diff command, the files are binary different:

Code:
                tode@juju:/tmp/qs3.1$ ls -la
                total 1128
                drwxrwxr-x 2 tode tode   4096 Jun  2 16:36 .
                drwxrwxrwt 9 root root   4096 Jun  2 16:36 ..
                -rw-r--r-- 1 tode tode 572784 Jun  2 16:32 libmedia_from-qs3.1.so
                -rw-r--r-- 1 tode tode 572784 Jun  2 16:36 libmedia_from-wasser.so
                tode@juju:/tmp/qs3.1$ diff libmedia_from-qs3.1.so libmedia_from-wasser.so 
                Binary files libmedia_from-qs3.1.so and libmedia_from-wasser.so differ
                Maybe this is working only with my particular receiver/environment...
                Or maybe, if the source code of the library is the same, in the building process something happens,
                tode

Comment

are you sure you are on qs3.1? i pulled out the lib from my unit and compared with wasser and they are the same.
                  There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

are you sure you are on qs3.1? i pulled out the lib from my unit and compared with wasser and they are the same.
                    Yes, I was on qs3 and I did an upgrade.
                    The upgrade overwrited the libmedia from wasser so a did a clean install to test it again from scratch.
                    With the qs3.1 i have the noise problem but with the libmedia form wasser the QS3.1 works perfectly,
                    tode

Comment

Re: [ROM] QUICKSHOT V3.1 by The Nitro Team for Minix Neo X7

Yes, I was on qs3 and I did an upgrade.
                      The upgrade overwrited the libmedia from wasser so a did a clean install to test it again from scratch.
                      With the qs3.1 i have the noise problem but with the libmedia form wasser the QS3.1 works perfectly,
                      tode
                      i don't know what to say, for me it's a nonsense. my diff is telling me the files are equal.
                      but never mind, the important thing here is that you got it working. that matters

Comment

Originally posted by kRel View Post
                        Sorry it is not mental laziness ... my memory betrays me often .... I read !

To avoid the problems I have with Quickflasher, I used the Quickshot method: I installed the kernel 1080p_cpu1800_gpu798h_ddr720

Also with kernel, on Minix flickering is absent. Remains moderately, only in recovery.

So... I can say that the flickering problem (at least in my case) was brilliantly solved. Thanks so much....

Doubts remains if the kernel was actually installed or not, because there is no monitoring during the process and no ability to control later. I hope it's available soon, new feature introduced by Daemonium ...
                        I need to compile a new kernel for the twrp. I will be out of scene for a couple of days, after that I will try to solve the twrp problem

Originally posted by rdsok View Post
                        Recently I started noticing that when playing music from my attached hard drive ( mechanical )... on occasion the songs would stall and then start up again a little later. Which clued me in to an area that Androids are currently lacking it when used in a mini-pc role...

The current Android OS's don't have built in error correcting software ( fsck etc ) or defrag options... or at least not that is enabled. Obviously a solid state drive has little need of a defrag ( although there are times it is of use still )... but some type of error correction software would still be useful in recovering bad "spots" in the code.

For now... on your attached storage.. you'll need to disconnect it and move the drive to a standard PC to perform these duties. In my situation it made a lot of difference and I suspect some of the reported stuttering on video's may also be helped in some cases.

Depending on how much you add/remove or just move data around on the attached storage, regular maintenance can help with the performance of the media stored on these drives... as often as weekly if a lot of file/disk activity or about a month for lower amounts of use.
                        Thanks, I never noticed it.

Originally posted by OldWizard View Post
                        Works!!!!
                        any rom that was not based on the 6c version or earlier caused my screen to flicker (incl. wasser's kitkat). This one is stable! No flickering at all

This is what minix wrote on his forum regarding this issue :

Thanks man
                        Nice! Now that makes sense to me, so some batch of the HDMI ITE chips are faulty, and for that is the flickering. Now the changes in kernel makes some sense to me.
                        Thanks for the info, I read a lot in minixforum about this problem but I miss this post.

I'm using:

Bye,
                        tode
                        Strange, that libmedia.so and last jmcm66 was installed in quick shot 3.1.

Originally posted by kokoui View Post
                        Right

tode
                        We used, after ask for permissions, that libmedia.so and I am using DTS and ac3 from spdif pasthrough without problems.

Originally posted by smic717394 View Post
                        Hi leolas,

Your 1080p Kernel work beautifully on my MK902. Is there any chance you can share the source code for this kernel?

Thank you.
                        Sorry a lot, but we can't share the sources, because they was shared to us with one condition, we can't publish them

Right!

Sorry mate, I checked twice
                        I'm attaching the libmedia from qs3.1 and the one from wasser post: [ATTACH]6542[/ATTACH]
                        This is the result of the diff command, the files are binary different:

Code:
                        tode@juju:/tmp/qs3.1$ ls -la
                        total 1128
                        drwxrwxr-x 2 tode tode   4096 Jun  2 16:36 .
                        drwxrwxrwt 9 root root   4096 Jun  2 16:36 ..
                        -rw-r--r-- 1 tode tode 572784 Jun  2 16:32 libmedia_from-qs3.1.so
                        -rw-r--r-- 1 tode tode 572784 Jun  2 16:36 libmedia_from-wasser.so
                        tode@juju:/tmp/qs3.1$ diff libmedia_from-qs3.1.so libmedia_from-wasser.so 
                        Binary files libmedia_from-qs3.1.so and libmedia_from-wasser.so differ
                        Maybe this is working only with my particular receiver/environment...
                        Or maybe, if the source code of the library is the same, in the building process something happens,
                        tode
                        Sorry, but we are sure we used the libmedia.so released by wasser, maybe he released a new one after we published?.

sent by my phone.
                        enviado desde mi teléfono.

leolas
                        REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
                        My devices:
                        Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
                        MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
                        Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
                        Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
                        Gearbest.com)
                        MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
                        Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
                        Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
                          Sorry, but we are sure we used the libmedia.so released by wasser, maybe he released a new one after we published?.
                          Maybe a bad flash/update which resulted in a minor corruption/difference ?

Comment

Originally posted by rdsok View Post
                            Maybe a bad flash/update which resulted in a minor corruption/difference ?
                            I think so.

sent by my phone.
                            enviado desde mi teléfono.

leolas
                            REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
                            My devices:
                            Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
                            MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
                            Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
                            Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
                            Gearbest.com)
                            MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
                            Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
                            Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

The new version 3.1 XBMC NitroTeam branded has some issues with plugins that I use very often to see rai.it (on demand). With the "old" stable version 13.0 (I think) this problem was not there.

I can uninstall XBMC NitroTeam branded and re-install Gotham 13.0 standard. But if I wanted to re-install XBMC NitroTeam, where I find the apk??

Thanks . . .

I love NT ...

Comment

Originally posted by kRel View Post
                                The new version 3.1 XBMC NitroTeam branded has some issues with plugins that I use very often to see rai.it (on demand). With the "old" stable version 13.0 (I think) this problem was not there.

I can uninstall XBMC NitroTeam branded and re-install Gotham 13.0 standard. But if I wanted to re-install XBMC NitroTeam, where I find the apk??

Thanks . . .

I love NT ...
                                Look at /system/preinstall/first/

Comment

Working...
                                X