X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: [ROM] QUICKSHOT V3.1 by The Nitro Team for Minix Neo X7

Originally posted by kRel View Post
    I explained bad ....

I meant: the QSv3 kernels (quickflasher/quickshot) are the same kernel posted for QSv3.1 (quickflasher or quickshot)?

or
    QSv3 kernels = QSv3.1 kernels ??
    sorry i misunderstood, they are different.
    There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
      Ok, I tried a different aproach to the flickering problem based in the feedback I received.
      Please can someone with the flickering problem try this kernel?

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

Please feedback the result.

leolas
      Congratulations, my friend.
      The issue is completely fixed now! It flickered 2-3 times @minute before, used it with this kernel for more than a hour without a single glitch.
      The only thing I'm missing now is the overclocked kernel to speed up my DDR for little. Do you plan releasing an updated kernels pack after this fix will go "official"?

Again, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by tltester View Post
        Congratulations, my friend.
        The issue is completely fixed now! It flickered 2-3 times @minute before, used it with this kernel for more than a hour without a single glitch.
        The only thing I'm missing now is the overclocked kernel to speed up my DDR for little. Do you plan releasing an updated kernels pack after this fix will go "official"?

Again, thanks!
        Yes, seems that the new kernel works better for more people, only 1 negative feedback and 4 positive, so tomorrow we will release a kernel pack.

sent by my phone.
        enviado desde mi teléfono.

leolas
        REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
        My devices:
        Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
        MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
        Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
        Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
        Gearbest.com)
        MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
        Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
        Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Anyone got a fix for the lack of writing to external sd on QS3.1?

i have tried to the sd fix apps they say they have worked but it does not fix it

dashdot

Comment

Originally posted by dashdot View Post
            Anyone got a fix for the lack of writing to external sd on QS3.1?

i have tried to the sd fix apps they say they have worked but it does not fix it

dashdot
            Perhaps you should explain more fully... I've copied data using Root Explorer as well as a XBMC Backup to the external SD card.... I don't think there is an issue unless it is with a particular app or something.

Comment

Originally posted by rdsok View Post
              Perhaps you should explain more fully... I've copied data using Root Explorer as well as a XBMC Backup to the external SD card.... I don't think there is an issue unless it is with a particular app or something.
              i have tried to copy mp3's from say my usb storage to my external sd and it fails in both es file explorer and root explorer

edit... i have tried another sd card and it seems to copy fine ... guess it was an card issue.

Comment

Originally posted by dashdot View Post
                i have tried to copy mp3's from say my usb storage to my external sd and it fails in both es file explorer and root explorer

edit... i have tried another sd card and it seems to copy fine ... guess it was an card issue.
                Try copying the data off of the "bad" card... then re-format it and see how it goes...

Oh... one other thing... look at it closely, some cards have a write protect switch on them. They aren't common but do exist.

Comment

Guys, is there an option to keep the device awake so it doesn't fall asleep by itself? I've gone through all the dev. options and did't find this one. Am I missing something or it's not relevant to kitkat anymore?

Comment

Cam and static ip bug

Hey guys,

Came to this ROM from the rocksolid QSV2 (skipped QSV3), I'm one of those ppl that upgrades for the sake of upgrading lol... I am wondering if you guys are closer to fixing the webcam bug (where the pictures is way too dark) and the static ip-bootloop bug. I ask as it looks like Wasser's managed to fix both those issues in his ROM (although I have not tried it).

The static IP bug is the one I am particularly interested in as I "need" this to work for my Netflix/UnblockUs setup.

Are these ROMs so similar I can just copy the services.jar file wasser posted here? http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...inix-X7/page53 (Post 1057) I don't want to screw anything up now that I have everything else working the way I want....

Comment

Originally posted by jaykl View Post
                      Hey guys,

Came to this ROM from the rocksolid QSV2 (skipped QSV3), I'm one of those ppl that upgrades for the sake of upgrading lol... I am wondering if you guys are closer to fixing the webcam bug (where the pictures is way too dark) and the static ip-bootloop bug. I ask as it looks like Wasser's managed to fix both those issues in his ROM (although I have not tried it).

The static IP bug is the one I am particularly interested in as I "need" this to work for my Netflix/UnblockUs setup.

Are these ROMs so similar I can just copy the services.jar file wasser posted here? http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...inix-X7/page53 (Post 1057) I don't want to screw anything up now that I have everything else working the way I want....
                      Did you try to reserve an IP on your DCHP server (usually your router)?

Can't get the point of having an static IP instead of having IP reserves. I assigned the same IP to my network printer and to my TV. Here there's no Netflix and can't get what is the exact limitation they use... Can you elaborate?

Enviado desde mi SM-N9005 mediante Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jcespi2005 View Post

Can't get the point of having an static IP instead of having IP reserves. I assigned the same IP to my network printer and to my TV. Here there's no Netflix and can't get what is the exact limitation they use... Can you elaborate?

Sure, Netflix has different content in all countries they operate in, UnblockUs (a VPN service) allows you to change countries on the fly. This way I get the Netflix worldwide content. The Minix box is set to a static IP, otherwise I cannot change the DNS to reflect UnblockUS' servers. Sure, I could change the DNS in my router, but then all my other devices (phones, tabs and computers) would be going through UnblockUs DNS servers and that would be less than ideal...

Comment

Originally posted by tltester View Post
                          Guys, is there an option to keep the device awake so it doesn't fall asleep by itself? I've gone through all the dev. options and did't find this one. Am I missing something or it's not relevant to kitkat anymore?
                          When is the device falling in sleep mode? Mine never go to sleep, only if I push power button in the remote.

Hey guys,

We need to locate in /sys where is the brightness control, the bad, I don't have a webcam to search for it. It is in the to do list.
                          About the static IP, we are trying to solve it too, but look at jcespi2005 answer.

Originally posted by jcespi2005 View Post

Exactly, use the Ethernet mac to acquire an IP from router using dhcp and problem solved.

sent by my phone.
                          enviado desde mi teléfono.

leolas
                          REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
                          My devices:
                          Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
                          MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
                          Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
                          Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
                          Gearbest.com)
                          MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
                          Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
                          Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Sure, Netflix has different content in all countries they operate in, UnblockUs (a VPN service) allows you to change countries on the fly. This way I get the Netflix worldwide content. The Minix box is set to a static IP, otherwise I cannot change the DNS to reflect UnblockUS' servers. Sure, I could change the DNS in my router, but then all my other devices (phones, tabs and computers) would be going through UnblockUs DNS servers and that would be less than ideal...
                            Understand, did you try to just change the DNS servers on your Minix? Just use DHCP and static DNS using some app from Play like DNS Changer or similar?

Also, you can change permanently by editing the file /system/etc/dhcpcd/20-dns.conf explained here

hello,I am using tigra rom android 4.3...I can't change my dns with the usual method,both apps and manual in advanced setting ,,anyone can help me with this?

Salu2

Comment

Originally posted by daemonium View Post
                              sorry i misunderstood, they are different.
                              Thanks it is now clear...
                              I noticed two other things, perhaps the first to know already ...

XBMC Gotham is unstable, often (say always) closes at startup, so you need to restart it.

However I can not run some scripts to see TV channels on-demand. In order to let me know if the failure of the script can depend on the ROM or just from XBMC Gotham ? If it were the latter, can you tell me if i can install 13.0 alongside 13.1, or is it better to uninstall the 13.1?

If I uninstall XBMC 13.1 and wanted reinstall 13.1 personalized Nitro, you have the link?

As you may know, I've solved (!!!) - thanks to leolas - the flickering problem. However, is still present (for what it's worth) in TWRP, of I which appreciate nice graphics and I used to save immediately system state without flickering, because I'm going now to try the kernel that leolas is going to release ...

PS
                              It would be great if it were possible to use TWRP mouse wireless minix
                              Last edited by kRel; 06-01-2014, 11:02.

Comment

Perhaps I didn't explain it properly; the IP address isn't the problem, it's the DNS servers. I can't change them (in Android) without having a static IP in the settings...unless I am hugely mistaken. It's not a dealbreaker; I can use static IP with Wifi for the time being which works, but Ethernet is faster obviously...

Comment

Working...
                                X