Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flygye View Post
    Hy guys.

Thanks for this awsome rom, i've upgraded from QS2 to QS3.1 and for the first impressions, let me say that is very very smooth.

I have just 1 question... how to change the 2 boot images when you power up the minix neo x7?
    I loved to have the first one that was on the quickshot v2, the one saing "Minix" in green and with the hdmi icon on the right-bottom corner.
    How can i change those bootimages ?

Thanks.
    One of them is inserted in the kernel, the first one, and sorry it cant be changed We want to add a "watermark" in the rom.
    The bootanimation (QS3 rotating) like someone said can be changed with Rom toolbox or other market programs.

Originally posted by dashdot View Post
    Stunning work Guys!!!!
    over the moon with your hard work

I have sent you guys a beer as a appreciation of this great rom
    paypal Confirmation number: 832215482P948820C

dahdot
    Thanks a lot

Originally posted by hajvaniboy View Post
    Can anyone tell me is there any way i could set up my harmony to work with this rom in XBMC (play, pause,...).

And Leolas thx for instruction. HDMI passtrough works perfect.
    Perfect job guys
    Nice I am happy it works for you. The rom is not perfect, we know there are bugs yet, but we are working on them
    There is a tutorial about how redefine keys for keyboards, but I cant find it now. if I got it I will post it here.

Originally posted by Hjhoekie View Post
    For changing the boot image you can use rom toolbox.
    Right

Originally posted by alaci View Post
    First of all thanks for this great rom!

My web camera Logitech C525 works, but it is too dark to recognize the image. Set the exposition to value +3 the image is better but the setting change only in the camera app and reset when the app is restarted.

Does anyone else experience this?
    Originally posted by pasqui View Post
    Same problem with c910.
    I'm sure it will be fixed
    Originally posted by yever View Post
    looking forward to the camera fix too.
    Sorry but I dont hace a webcam, I am so ugly to show my face in public But we will try to work on it, and offer a solution

Originally posted by kRel View Post
    Hi...
    For to annoying flickering I took the video...

link1
    link2
    link3

I noted the following:
    - To Home and XBMC are very frequent: the flashes that take the whole screen
    - Using ES File Explorer, flickering is limited to thin white lines only in the left side of the program
    - - Using the Terminal in full screen, the flichering is limited to only the upper bar (Windows 1). Everything else of the screen - the most part - is not affected by flickering

Add a note: on this occasion the ROM it worked much better, with fewer flash. In other situations it is unwatchable ...
    Thanks a lot, SUNSUN video and yours helps me a lot, this videos shows random sync fails instead of power off and on like I was thinking

Please can you tell me if you run some stress program like antutu benchmark or so, if the flickering is worse?

I think you tried wasser kernels too, and the problem remains with his kernels too, is right?

Other test you can do to help me to try to solve it

-disconnect wifi, BT and ethernet.
    -open xbmc for 3 or 5 minutes.
    -disconnect all usb devices attached (yes, keyboard too)
    -look at if the problem remains. After 5 minutes or so, connect your keyboard or your input device
    -after, open terminal emulator and write (case sensitive, please write it exactly):
    Code:
    su
    dmesg>/sdcard/dmesg.txt
    In your internal sdcard you must have a file called dmesg.txt, please upload it to any place and send to me a link.

Thanks.

leolas
    REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
    My devices:
    Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
    MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
    Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
    Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
    Gearbest.com)
    MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
    Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
    Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Originally posted by kRel View Post
      Hi...
      For to annoying flickering I took the video...

link1
      link2
      link3

I noted the following:
      - To Home and XBMC are very frequent: the flashes that take the whole screen
      - Using ES File Explorer, flickering is limited to thin white lines only in the left side of the program
      - - Using the Terminal in full screen, the flichering is limited to only the upper bar (Windows 1). Everything else of the screen - the most part - is not affected by flickering

Add a note: on this occasion the ROM it worked much better, with fewer flash. In other situations it is unwatchable ...
      i dont have this bug like many guys here but i have to thank you very much for making these movies
      i hope they can help us to solve the problem.
      now every one can see whats all about
      BIIGG THX dude

Comment

MXplayer

I have several movies encoded in multichannel AVI (AC3). Only few of them are recognize as Dolby D, the other just play plain stereo. I look like question of file format our bit rate , but I believe that they were recognized before with MxPlayer and Minix V9 4.2.2 system.

I have read somewhere that hight bit rate flac music file (96 khz 24 bit) could also play on this Kitkat, but I have not succeed yet. I have tried with Mxplayer, Deadbeef ,and Poweramp. I have tried the spidf and also the HDMI output without success. My dream is to play hi res multichannel 5.1 music file now available on internet. Any suggestion ?

Thanks for your work!

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
          Thanks a lot, SUNSUN video and yours helps me a lot, this videos shows random sync fails instead of power off and on like I was thinking

Please can you tell me if you run some stress program like antutu benchmark or so, if the flickering is worse?

I think you tried wasser kernels too, and the problem remains with his kernels too, is right?

Other test you can do to help me to try to solve it

-disconnect wifi, BT and ethernet.
          -open xbmc for 3 or 5 minutes.
          -disconnect all usb devices attached (yes, keyboard too)
          -look at if the problem remains. After 5 minutes or so, connect your keyboard or your input device
          -after, open terminal emulator and write (case sensitive, please write it exactly):
          Code:
          su
          dmesg>/sdcard/dmesg.txt
          In your internal sdcard you must have a file called dmesg.txt, please upload it to any place and send to me a link.

Thanks.

leolas
          ------------ I have an introduction: -------------
          I have tried installed some kernel that I have inserted a number not exceeding three, in (InternalSDcard) \sdcard\quickflasher.
          So I started Quickflasher, I have accepted the disclaimer, I selected the zip file (I tried some attempt with differnt kernels) and I started the flash. To flash finished, Quickflasher warned me of the process failure by giving two error on the screens with code 127.
          I have uninstalled Quickflasher and I reinstalled new from playstore, but I always get the same error. After the first error in the Quickflasher folder, I never put more than one file at a time.
          I wrote to the author, but I have not received reply.

One question: how do I know which kernel I'm using now?
          ------------ STOP INTRODUCTION ----------------

- I should add that I installed a few applications, and especially that I never used.

- During the tests with Antutu the flashes were almost absent. Curiously, opening the options Antutu on the left, just like ES File Explorer, the white stripes were displayed numerous and dense, ONLY in the menu settings.

I'm sorry I'm not sure I understand well ... ... But if I understand it, I used the kernels posted here

- with bluetooth wi-fi and ethernet disconnected (I have Ethernet always disconnected) in 5 minutes I had 14 flashes and a bit of white lines

- With XBMC open - on standby (no video playback) - for 5 minutes, the flashes were 15, with completely random sequences, maybe two/three in a row and none for two minutes. But the white stripes were always present.

- my dmesg.txt after 5 min. with Bluetooth, ethernet and wireless switched off, XBMC started in stand-by mode (with flickering !)
          Last edited by kRel; 05-31-2014, 07:02.

Comment

Originally posted by SL06 View Post
            I have several movies encoded in multichannel AVI (AC3). Only few of them are recognize as Dolby D, the other just play plain stereo. I look like question of file format our bit rate , but I believe that they were recognized before with MxPlayer and Minix V9 4.2.2 system.

I have read somewhere that hight bit rate flac music file (96 khz 24 bit) could also play on this Kitkat, but I have not succeed yet. I have tried with Mxplayer, Deadbeef ,and Poweramp. I have tried the spidf and also the HDMI output without success. My dream is to play hi res multichannel 5.1 music file now available on internet. Any suggestion ?

Thanks for your work!
            My suggestion is not on 5.1. But you wrote "any suggestion" ...

If you accept "any suggestion", try to play your music exclusively flac, ogg or wave with a stereo DAC (USB input> analog output) with for eg. Poweramp or Mediamonkey and a good sound system: great is the enjoyment (I have used it before DAC Superpro, now Hiface..)

or:

Comment

Help needed...

I have two Minix X7's one in Spain, One in the UK

I'm using the UK one (in the UK) with the excellent QS3.1 rom i have made a full backup of the UK Minix Via TWRP.
              what i want to do is use this backed up image on the Minix in Spain but,

i need to install TWRP on the Spanish Minix(that's in Spain)

the Minix Spain does not have TWRP and i need to get my son to install it without making it to complicated
              i have tried goomanager but it does not find any recoveries for my device.

can anyone help please?

dashdot

Comment

Re: [ROM] QUICKSHOT V3.1 by The Nitro Team for Minix Neo X7

Help needed...

I have two Minix X7's one in Spain, One in the UK

I'm using the UK one (in the UK) with the excellent QS3.1 rom i have made a full backup of the UK Minix Via TWRP.
                what i want to do is use this backed up image on the Minix in Spain but,

i need to install TWRP on the Spanish Minix(that's in Spain)

the Minix Spain does not have TWRP and i need to get my son to install it without making it to complicated
                i have tried goomanager but it does not find any recoveries for my device.

can anyone help please?

dashdot
                can you tell me which rom have you installed on the Spanish x7?
                There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by daemonium View Post
                  can you tell me which rom have you installed on the Spanish x7?
                  QS2 on Spanish minix

Comment

Re: [ROM] QUICKSHOT V3.1 by The Nitro Team for Minix Neo X7

QS2 on Spanish minix
                    ouch, I missed something. you can't restore a qs3 backup on a qs2,different bootloader ans different partitions :s
                    you need to flash it from pc, sorry
                    There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

what about using teamviewer to flash it?

Comment

gps minix neo 7

hello to all
                        I have a request a bit weird I would try to use my car as well as minix7 mediacenter as a navigator who have their first experience with android and I do not use linux only windows I connect a usb gps antenna CP2102 I tried an ap tc_serial port reads me some data then I go to the minix crasc
                        I'm trying quicshot 3.1
                        on this forum you can request a modified kernel to solve the problem?
                        I recommend you know how to do?
                        thank you in advance

Comment

Ok, I tried a different aproach to the flickering problem based in the feedback I received.
                          Please can someone with the flickering problem try this kernel?

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

Please feedback the result.

leolas
                          My devices:
                          Gearbest.com)
                          Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

1s blackout promising fix

Originally posted by leolas View Post
                            Ok, I tried a different aproach to the flickering problem based in the feedback I received.
                            Please can someone with the flickering problem try this kernel?

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

Please feedback the result.

leolas
                            Seems working... but i want to test with other cables and with video playback!
                            I'll post the results.
                            thanks a lot

Comment

In my installation i've notice when i navigate with the mouse, or the remote or a wireless 2.4GHz Keyboard, i've notice a little cliking noise.

For example, if i click on some icon app or when i'm navigating in one app explorer (like the ES Explorer, or root Browser) when i change from folder to folder it have a sound click.
                              It is a big anoying to have this.

This is some kind a bug or anything else on this rom? Anyone have the same issue?
                              Any patch to install with the quickflasher?

Comment

Originally posted by mask66 View Post
                                hello to all
                                I have a request a bit weird I would try to use my car as well as minix7 mediacenter as a navigator who have their first experience with android and I do not use linux only windows I connect a usb gps antenna CP2102 I tried an ap tc_serial port reads me some data then I go to the minix crasc
                                I'm trying quicshot 3.1
                                on this forum you can request a modified kernel to solve the problem?
                                I recommend you know how to do?
                                thank you in advance
                                That is very hard to do,you need the linux drivers for your gps device, look where it conflics with kernel (if there is a crash for sure that something is in conflict with kernel), modify the kernel and compile the driver. Tons of hours and no garantie that it will work

leolas
                                My devices:
                                Gearbest.com)

Comment

Working...
                                X