Clear All

• Shadi86
    replied
    1+ above

Leave a comment:

• oggielerr
    replied
    guys really thank you for helping and for collaborating

as soon as I or any1 else will find a stable XBMC version please DO post it here,
    even if some1 has managed to use a different android ROM it will be good enough.
    its a shame that due to software issues we cant use XBMC

again, thank you for sharing your knowledge

Leave a comment:

• m1pnk
    replied
    Originally posted by odrewjr View Post
    I uploaded the app to dropbox. Share your e- mail address with me and I will send it to you.
    just seen this jr..... ill put me hotshots t on in your honour today

Leave a comment:

• bluesmanuk
    replied
    I have found that pretty much any of the recent nightly builds does the best job overall on my R28.

The bundling of the Alpha build by Tronsmart was likely done in response to the initial testers feedback results.

Leave a comment:

• odrewjr
    replied
    Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
    But the funny think is, that it isn't the alpha4 (much bigger and much different) and it is only a little bit bigger (some byte) and different (also only some byte) than the alpha3 which you can find at

so I have upload it if someone want to try it
    Leider konnte Ihre hochgeladene Datei nicht gefunden werden. Laden Sie die Datei neu hoch.

( [Download] at the right side)
    I'm a little confused ! I'm not trying to insult any one. But that's the information on the app that I download on the new firmware. I have 2 Tronsmart devices and both came with that version of kodi 14. After your post about Kodi 14-helix alpha3 armeabi-v7a.apk.html I downloaded it and it was not near as good as the one in post #401. So which app am I using? If I misread the article, I apologize.

Leave a comment:

• no_spam_for_me
    replied
    But the funny think is, that it isn't the alpha4 (much bigger and much different) and it is only a little bit bigger (some byte) and different (also only some byte) than the alpha3 which you can find at

so I have upload it if someone want to try it
    Leider konnte Ihre hochgeladene Datei nicht gefunden werden. Laden Sie die Datei neu hoch.

( [Download] at the right side)

Leave a comment:

• no_spam_for_me
    replied
    You should check your information, the latest CNXsoft review yesterday covers the version of Kodi as I refer to in post #401. I had read the same information as you stated but the new firmware delivered the version I refered too.
    I had extracted the img and found the 'xbmc-14.0-Helix_alpha3-armeabi-v7a.apk' at usr, but now at a look inside the 'AndroidManifest.xml' I found out '1 4 . 0 - A L P H A 4' , so I ask you, who should know, that they use wrong filenames?

Leave a comment:

• odrewjr
    replied
    Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
    At 109k4 for the tronsmart's it's the xbmc-14.0-Helix_alpha3-armeabi-v7a.apk...

I use at Beelink/UBOX koying's one http://spmc.semperpax.com/ (you can install it parallel to the normal Kodi/XBMC)...
    You should check your information, the latest CNXsoft review yesterday covers the version of Kodi as I refer to in post #401. I had read the same information as you stated but the new firmware delivered the version I refered too.

Leave a comment:

• Shadi86
    replied
    Anyone know a good application for wake up my box?

Leave a comment:

• m1pnk
    replied
    now that install has warmed up.... constant crash before i even get to play a file.

Leave a comment:

• m1pnk
    replied
    Originally posted by mo123 View Post
    Anyone tested the new 1.3.9 firmware that fixes youtube,video playback and dts/passthrough?
    I will also test the new Dual boot Ubuntu firmware 9-25 and report back.
    Maybe even make a custom ROM and kernel with this ROM, if it's stable enough.

For XBMC you have to use SPMC and turn off Mediacodec in settings, it doesn't work properly on Rockchip. Rockchip devices are made to work with libstagefright.
    another fresh install of this version..... again..... i have crashed every time i go to play a file..... and thats with mediacodec turned off..... thanks for help but no go.

this is not just an isolated box with a bad firmware glitch.

Leave a comment:

• mo123
    replied
    Anyone tested the new 1.3.9 firmware that fixes youtube,video playback and dts/passthrough?
    I will also test the new Dual boot Ubuntu firmware 9-25 and report back.
    Maybe even make a custom ROM and kernel with this ROM, if it's stable enough.

For XBMC you have to use SPMC and turn off Mediacodec in settings, it doesn't work properly on Rockchip. Rockchip devices are made to work with libstagefright.

Leave a comment:

• scooter2014
    replied
    I see a lot of post re xbmc. Crashes ect. First off nightly are test builds and even gotham beta 2,3. If you turn reporting on and submit your logs to xbmc team helps them make it better. New boxes never perfect at start it's trial and error. �� seen a huge difference from 14 to 14 beta 3 and more fixes coming. ( Love that hub wizard down now people trying add on program so it's getting tested well now lol)

Keep the faith amlogic rules....for now lol

Leave a comment:

• m1pnk
    replied
    so just tried the new nightly... starts off ok with a clean install.... turned on live tv and fed it list via simple client.... ok.... did the restart still ok.....loaded mashup..... picked a vip 1080..... played fine for about 2 mins then freeze frame and crash...... now cant even get it to start.... crashing in a mili sec.....Grrrrrrrr

i had already tried the spmc.... no joy..... these last three boxes i got are the 2/16.... there not the same as the first box i got which is a 4/32.... the first one is running spmc... has the odd crash but can stand that..... the next 3 are not out of the same stable ?

Leave a comment:

• no_spam_for_me
    replied
    The version I am using is xbmc 14.0-alpha4 git 2014-08-31 dd441f6-difly . This is the kodi version that came out on the latest firmware for the Tronsmart Orion r28. I just copyed it off their firmware. I've tried many versions and this is very good. It put that moldded xbmc 13.0 to shame.
    At 109k4 for the tronsmart's it's the xbmc-14.0-Helix_alpha3-armeabi-v7a.apk...

I use at Beelink/UBOX koying's one http://spmc.semperpax.com/ (you can install it parallel to the normal Kodi/XBMC)...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X