Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I installed version 2 of this rom and now it is working again but the camera is upside down and I no longer have 16gb internal memory and now have 8gb, I fumbled my way through the install and dont really know what I am doing can someone advise which file(s) I need please, also Firefox keeps crashing on this site and I have to restart it.

Originally posted by smic717394 View Post
    Hi guys,

This are the latest stable roms for the MK902. You have 1080p rom and 720p rom, extra kernels for each and for those who prefer one file update same as the stock you can download the firmware version of each rom.

OLD V1 ROM 1080p

Download 1080p ROM Style and Kernels

Download 1080p FW Style (one update.img file)

OLD V1 ROM 720p

Download 720p ROM Style and Kernels

Download 720p FW Style (one update.img file)

------ NEW V2 ROM ------

New versión ROM:

On the rom side, I fixed few bugs with the daemon and update the supersu and binary to latest version 2.01, install twrp recovery, added few more apps, remove the beyondxbmc as in kitkat the HW acceleration doesn’t work yet, change the default wallpaper to a simple brushed aluminium look, modified the Launher3.

Beside the standard apps, the new apps installed in this rom are:

- Antutu – Benchmark app.
    - Autorun – This app allow you to automatically start one or more apps when the unit starts.
    - No-frills CPU control – Allow you to change the CPU max and minimum, and governors.
    - Reboot by petrus – Updated to v 1.2.2
    - SPMC 13.2 – XBMC for RK3188
    - Terminal Emulator
    - textdroider_dpi – allow you to change the dpi to a smaller or larger one.
    - install TWRP recovery.

On the kernel side, I implemented the video shutter fix, modify the rockchip hdmi drivers so if it doesn’t mute when the HDMI is disconnected or in case the SOC detects your connection as DVI.

The kernels are now compressed, mainly to prevent patching not by you fine people but by company that uses the ROM made by the great devs from Freaktab. We put allot of work and hours into this ROMs and few companies think that if they download than patch the kernel with their brand its theirs, not fairs. So here are my terms for using this rom. As a private user and as a member of this page you can use the rom as you like, without any limitation what so ever, but I would appreciate if you leave my boot animation, it’s all I have to show after all. If you want to use the ROM commercially, you cannot remove any of the branding from the ROM and from the Kernel, you can use it as you wish but as it is, if you want to change it you can get in touch with any dev from this side only.

Now all that been said let’s get back to the kernel. I created 12 versions. The kernels marked h have only high frequency’s.

For example a kernel kernel_1.6_667 will have cpu 312, 504, 816, 1008, 1416 and 1608 and the GPU 664 and DDR 200, 266, 300, 400, 600, because the CPU can drop all the way to 312 when not used allow the unit to run cooler and more stable. The kernel kernel_1.6_667 will have cpu 1200, 1416 and 1608 and the GPU 664 and DDR 200, 266, 300, 400, 600, because the CPU will only drop as 1.2 as min speed the box will run hotter but you get more points on benchmark (not real performance).

Download MK902_1080p_V4.4_smic717394.V2

**** Update 31/10/2014 ****

Here are the latest version of the ROM, sorry for the camera, it was fixed before but when I compiled V2 I used the old camera drivers. Its now fixed, also included 24Hz, 50Hz and 60Hz to all kernels. Bellow are the Antutu score for each kernel. The safest are 1.6, 1.7, 1.6_667 and 1.7_667

kernels_MK902_4.4_V2

1.6: 21595
    1.6_460: 22549
    1.6_667: 24165
    1.6h_460: 22685
    1.6h_667: 24130

1.7: 22890
    1.7_460: 23174
    1.7_667: 24762
    1.7h_460: 23462
    1.7h_667: 24465

1.8: 23518
    1.8_460: 23734 (unstable)
    1.8_667: 25522
    1.8h_460: 23850 (unstable)
    1.8h_667: 25728

Special thanks to:

Michelle from Rikomagic
    scooter2014
    leolas
    Petrus
    Finless Bob
    900supersport

Comment

Smic Lollipop possible?

Comment

Any things possible but not probably for long time 😊
        Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Hi,

I have installed V2 of this rom and I see the kernel does not have tun.ko module included (so I cannot use apps like OpenVPN, hola.org, etc).

If I try Tun.ko Installer app, I can establish a vpn connection, but when I disconnect vpn the device reboots.

Would it be possible to have a kernel with a working tun.ko module installed ? Or is there any other solution ?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by jorgesal View Post
            Hi,

I have installed V2 of this rom and I see the kernel does not have tun.ko module included (so I cannot use apps like OpenVPN, hola.org, etc).

If I try Tun.ko Installer app, I can establish a vpn connection, but when I disconnect vpn the device reboots.

Would it be possible to have a kernel with a working tun.ko module installed ? Or is there any other solution ?

Thanks.
            Hi,

Same issue here. This is not a fault in this rom but as far as I understand a poor implementation of VPN in Kitkat 4.4.2 which has been resolved in 4.4.3.
            This applies for both the build in VPN service and external ones based om Open VPN and there is no solution for it.
            As this rom and the stock version of Kitkat 4.4.2 did not work for me I reverted back to rooted Jellybean stock firmware.
            The issues I had: Netflix audio/video way out of sync and the box rebooted 2 or 3 times a day. The Jellybean works great for me and is 100% stable.

Regarding tun.ko. I just install it after bootup and never power down the box. Personally I don't mind this but that is up to you.
            What you can do is install SManager which can run scipts afer boot up. It can then copy the tun.ko to the correct folder. Tried it and works fine.

Regards.

Comment

Working...
            X