No announcement yet.

Cube U9 GT2 And Compatible ICS Finless ROM 1.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never really had that issue but I almost never use it while plugged in. It is the original and I have seen the occasional spark while plugging it in. (I've read about the charger issues before). I did this time based on recommendation to flash that way.
    I tried flashing evolution 3.0 had the issues there. tried stock 1.10 but that too much chinese to be able to tell much but it did seem to restart on its own once there. Now I am back to 1.5. It was most stable when the problems started. upon further review this one doesnt have internal sd but on board nand flash, correct? I noticed a message while starting checking memory- sd card damaged. I dont have a ext sd installed while flashing.

Comment

Mikec73, I think it is time for the customer service. Sorry man.
      JDfense

Comment

Already on it. Thanks

Comment

How to update?

Hi

Can anyone give me simple instructions on how to install this?

I have a Yuandao N90 and have a couple of problems with it:
          1) the keyboard has always been a bit laggy but I've out up with it
          2) my son has managed to do something that's switched the sound off and I cannot switch it back on again.

So.... I've decided to try an updated version of Android to see if it fixes either/both of the problems.

I have copied the ZIP file to the desktop of my PC - what do I need to do next?

Thanks in advance,
          Higs

Comment

Re: Cube U9 GT2 And Compatible ICS Finless ROM 1.4

Originally posted by Higs View Post
            Hi

Can anyone give me simple instructions on how to install this?

I have a Yuandao N90 and have a couple of problems with it:
            1) the keyboard has always been a bit laggy but I've out up with it
            2) my son has managed to do something that's switched the sound off and I cannot switch it back on again.

So.... I've decided to try an updated version of Android to see if it fixes either/both of the problems.

I have copied the ZIP file to the desktop of my PC - what do I need to do next?

Thanks in advance,
            Higs
            Unzip the file and all the information is in there in the read me file

Sent using Tapatalk 2 from Sony Xperia Mini Pro - Ics 4.0.4
            Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
            <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
            <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
            <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
            https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
            </form>

Comment

The tool for flashing is in there as well -rkupdate. Its easy

Comment

Finless 1.4 vs. Evolution 3.0

The Finless ICS ROM 1.4 gets 2249 score on AnTuTu benchmark while the Evolution 3.0 2379.
                After 24 hours of testing no visible advantage of ANY of the both ROM's...apart from a bit higher battery drain on Finless.

Comment

Try a benchmarking program that reads and writes to /data instead of just SDcard. I think you will find the EXT4 files system will show a big benefit there!

I believe the Evo ROM is still using EXT3 and pretty sure it doesnt have CWM?

Bob
                  "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                  "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                  "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                  "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                  "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                  "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                  "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                  "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                  "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

...and I'm shure that our test results are not valid.

I have for the finless rom around 2350 points too, but someone else on androidhilfe.de had only around 2150 points for the evolution 3. Thats not much difference, but finless rom is faster.

Bob, I have noticed a problem in the german thread to your rom on androidhilfe.de.
                    If I install google chrome or opera mobile, it will first slow down and then crash or freeze after a while. Only the stock browser is bit better, but not very much.
                    A reply to thread on freaktab will slow down the rom nearly to freezing.

Has someone an idea, what the cause might be?

Comment

Well nothiing I did should cause that I can think of. Remember I used the standard Cube AOSP ICS when I made this ROM. All I did was root it, convert it to EXT4, added full play XML patch files, and CWM. Possible the build.prop? I did not modify that. Maybe the patch XML files to give more apps in Play store is causing it?

Do other Cube ROMs (like the Evo) have this problem?
                      Is it only one person having this or everyone?

I do know people having a lot of problems with Chrome on other ROMs other than Cube. If I had more details I could look into it.

Bob
                      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

I have a few posts with browser problems.

I'll check deeper for more details and report.

Here comes at first logcat.
                        21:17:43.949 <1423>[dalvikvm]: VFY: unable to resolve virtual method 769: Landroid/webkit/WebView;.addPackageNames (Ljava/util/SetV
                        21:17:44.309 <1423>[dalvikvm]: VFY: unable to resolve virtual method 768: Landroid/webkit/WebView;.addPackageName (Ljava/lang/StringV
                        21:17:44.309 <1423>[dalvikvm]: VFY: unable to resolve virtual method 795: Landroid/webkit/WebView;.removePackageName (Ljava/lang/StringV
                        21:17:44.319 <1423>[dalvikvm]: VFY: unable to resolve virtual method 4304: Lcom/ninesky/browsercommon/ui/NSWebView;.getZoomButtonsController ()Landroid/widget/ZoomButtonsController;
                        21:17:44.319 <1423>[dalvikvm]: VFY: unable to resolve static method 523: Landroid/text/IClipboard$Stub;.asInterface (Landroid/os/IBinderLandroid/text/IClipboard;
                        21:17:44.429 <1423>[Settings]: Setting android_id has moved from android.provider.Settings.System to android.provider.Settings.Secure, returning read-only value.
                        21:18:58.579 <132>[ActivityManager]: ANR in com.ninesky.browser (com.ninesky.browser/.ENBrowserActivity)
                        Reason: keyDispatchingTimedOut
                        Load: 3.37 / 3.0 / 1.75
                        CPU usage from 34429ms to 0ms ago:
                        77% 1423/com.ninesky.browser: 76% user + 0.8% kernel / faults: 4493 minor
                        9.4% 771/com.bartat.android.elixir: 9.2% user + 0.2% kernel
                        1.8% 132/system_server: 1.2% user + 0.5% kernel / faults: 11 minor
                        1% 13/kworker/0:1: 0% user + 1% kernel
                        0.8% 937/kworker/0:3: 0% user + 0.8% kernel
                        0.6% 54/rknand_buffer: 0% user + 0.6% kernel
                        0.2% 80/surfaceflinger: 0% user + 0.1% kernel
                        0.1% 1160/kworker/u:3: 0% user + 0.1% kernel
                        0.1% 199/com.android.systemui: 0.1% user + 0% kernel / faults: 7 minor
                        0% 14/kinteractiveup: 0% user + 0% kernel
                        0% 41/galcore daemon : 0% user + 0% kernel
                        0% 61/mtdblock6: 0% user + 0% kernel
                        0% 79/rild: 0% user + 0% kernel
                        0% 130/flush-31:6: 0% user + 0% kernel
                        0% 274/com.google.process.gapps: 0% user + 0% kernel / faults: 2 minor
                        0% 289/com.android.inputmethod.latin: 0% user + 0% kernel / faults: 2 minor
                        0% 443/RTKTHREAD: 0% user + 0% kernel
                        0% 559/com.google.android.talk: 0% user + 0% kernel / faults: 3 minor
                        0% 714/com.android.vending: 0% user + 0% kernel / faults: 7 minor
                        92% TOTAL: 90% user + 2% kernel + 0.1% softirq
                        CPU usage from 651ms to 1181ms later:
                        83% 1423/com.ninesky.browser: 81% user + 1.8% kernel / faults: 6 minor
                        83% 1453/WebViewCoreThre: 83% user + 0% kernel
                        7.5% 132/system_server: 3.7% user + 3.7% kernel / faults: 2 minor
                        3.7% 168/InputDispatcher: 0% user + 3.7% kernel
                        1.8% 767/Binder Thread #: 1.8% user + 0% kernel
                        2.7% 771/com.bartat.android.elixir: 1.3% user + 1.3% kernel
                        2.7% 904/WebViewCoreThre: 2.7% user + 0% kernel
                        1.8% 13/kworker/0:1: 0% user + 1.8% kernel
                        1.8% 1160/kworker/u:3: 0% user + 1.8% kernel
                        100% TOTAL: 92% user + 7.5% kernel
                        21:19:02.809 <289>[InputConnectionWrapper.ICC]: Timed out waiting on IInputContextCallback
                        21:19:06.479 <132>[InputManagerService]: Window already focused, ignoring focus gain of: com.android.internal.view.IInputMethodClient$Stub$ Proxy@413599a8
                        21:19:07.539 <289>[InputConnectionWrapper.ICC]: Timed out waiting on IInputContextCallback
                        21:19:09.539 <289>[InputConnectionWrapper.ICC]: Timed out waiting on IInputContextCallback
                        21:19:11.539 <289>[InputConnectionWrapper.ICC]: Timed out waiting on IInputContextCallback
                        21:19:13.609 <289>[InputConnectionWrapper.ICC]: Timed out waiting on IInputContextCallback
                        21:19:15.609 <289>[InputConnectionWrapper.ICC]: Timed out waiting on IInputContextCallback
                        21:19:17.609 <289>[InputConnectionWrapper.ICC]: Timed out waiting on IInputContextCallback
                        21:19:19.609 <289>[InputConnectionWrapper.ICC]: Timed out waiting on IInputContextCallback
                        21:19:20.239 <132>[ActivityManager]: Activity pause timeout for ActivityRecord{41386308 com.ninesky.browser/.ENBrowserActivity}
                        21:19:21.669 <289>[InputConnectionWrapper.ICC]: Timed out waiting on IInputContextCallback
                        21:19:23.549 <1423>[IInputConnectionWrapper]: getTextAfterCursor on inactive InputConnection
                        21:19:23.549 <132>[InputManagerService]: Starting input on non-focused client com.android.internal.view.IInputMethodClient$Stub$ Proxy@413b9b20 (uid=10051 pid=1423)
                        21:19:23.879 <1423>[IInputConnectionWrapper]: setComposingText on inactive InputConnection
                        21:19:23.879 <1423>[IInputConnectionWrapper]: getCursorCapsMode on inactive InputConnection
                        21:19:24.079 <1423>[IInputConnectionWrapper]: showStatusIcon on inactive InputConnection
                        21:19:24.319 <1423>[webcoreglue]: updateFrameCache: pending style recalc, ignoring.
                        21:19:24.319 <1423>[webcoreglue]: updateFrameCache: pending style recalc, ignoring.
                        21:19:40.589 <132>[InputManagerService]: Window already focused, ignoring focus gain of: com.android.internal.view.IInputMethodClient$Stub$ Proxy@412e5690
                        21:19:47.809 <132>[InputManagerService]: Window already focused, ignoring focus gain of: com.android.internal.view.IInputMethodClient$Stub$ Proxy@41355550
                        21:19:49.639 <132>[ResourceType]: Skipping entry 0x10a0000 in package table 0 because it is not complex!
                        21:19:49.649 <132>[ResourceType]: Skipping entry 0x10a0001 in package table 0 because it is not complex!
                        21:19:55.189 <132>[InputManagerService]: Window already focused, ignoring focus gain of: com.android.internal.view.IInputMethodClient$Stub$ Proxy@4137dd78
                        21:20:35.909 <639>[Gmail]: Successful index run, cancel next scheduled index run
                        Edit:
                        Okay, I have checked evolution 3(#18b).
                        I have the same problem with reply to a thread on freaktab and only on freaktab.
                        pressing the reply to thread button, then my tablet goes into slow motion and the tipped letters are coming delayed after more than 3 seconds.
                        It seems to be no android browser problem. On xda and androidhilfe.de the reply works fast and propper without slowing down.

Btw the new version of evolution 3 rom is much faster than 2.3.
                        Antutu says on my easypad with testing internal sd
                        ca. 2350 finless ICS
                        ca. 2400 evolution 3(#18b)

Evolution rom don't like opera and chrome browser too. ---Freezing

Maybe I go better back to gingercomb. This rom runs like hell.

JDfense

PS.:
                        Finless gingercomb made antutu with 2440, but the feeling is much faster. That proofs that the benchmark is only a hint.
                        Last edited by JDfense; 08-31-2012, 22:39.

Comment

thanks bob

your rom i test on cube u9gt2
                          so far i test is more better that evolution rom
                          from i test 2.3 version and this 4.1 rom
                          i very looking forward your job..
                          only one thing this for game
                          for backstab hd i go install complete plus sd data,when i go in movie ok after that jump back to main screen.

Comment

Not able to update usb-driver

I have earlier installed ROM using LiveSuit. When I connect my unit the driver for LiveSuit installs. (USB Device VID_1f3a_PID_efe8). When I try to update driver pointing at drivers folowing Finless ROM 1.4a it will not install. I am using Win7_64bit.

Comment

Re: Cube U9 GT2 And Compatible ICS Finless ROM 1.4

Originally posted by aasgevi View Post
                              I have earlier installed ROM using LiveSuit. When I connect my unit the driver for LiveSuit installs. (USB Device VID_1f3a_PID_efe8). When I try to update driver pointing at drivers folowing Finless ROM 1.4a it will not install. I am using Win7_64bit.
                              You are using the wrong software this is a rockchip tablet. Livesuite is for Allwinner tablets!

In the firmware folder is a read me file to install drivers. Once installed use the rockchip flashing tool in the firmware folder.

Sent using Tapatalk 2 from Sony Xperia Mini Pro - Ics 4.0.4
                              Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
                              <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
                              <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
                              <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
                              https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
                              </form>

Comment

Originally posted by wingyen88 View Post
                                your rom i test on cube u9gt2
                                so far i test is more better that evolution rom
                                from i test 2.3 version and this 4.1 rom
                                i very looking forward your job..
                                only one thing this for game
                                for backstab hd i go install complete plus sd data,when i go in movie ok after that jump back to main screen.
                                If you compare evolution 3.0 with finless ICS, then you will find out not much difference in speed.
                                Evolution 2.3 is really slower.
                                JDfense

Comment

Working...
                                X