This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by abdul_pt View Post
    No, i'm in the process of cleaning them for upload.

But if you have yours throw me a link so that i can help out. I would also need to know what source are you using to build TWRP. Like CM or Omni and branch
    I haven't pushed it to github yet since its broken quite a bit it seems, but I'm using current Omni 6.0/TWRP 3.0.2+

Comment

How do I install twrp on Frankenstein fw/custom fw? Thx

Comment

Hey abdul_pt

Any chance you could hook me up?

setting up recovery driffs well over my head lol

Comment

Originally posted by abdul_pt View Post
          Guys don't just ask for a TWRP for your device, you need to provide some things also.

Code:
          From PC do :
          adb root ( if ADB isn't root)

adb shell cat /proc/partitions > partitions.txt
          adb shell ls -l -R /dev/block > block.txt

Now where you open the terminal window are two txt files sent them to me and stock recovery

From Terminal Emulator do :

su
          cat /proc/partitions > /sdcard/partitions.txt
          ls -l -R /dev/block > /sdcard/block.txt

Now on your internal SDcard are two txt files send them to me and stock recovery

Hello Abdul, can you help me in making a TWRP recovery for my KATA BOX 1(s805)
          Here are the files you needed. Thanks!

Comment

Oops quoted wrong post

Comment

Originally posted by Ichijoe View Post

It's much more simpler then that... Just go to the PlayStore, and download the "Terminal Emulator for Android", and run the commands (below) from there...

cat /proc/partitions > /sdcard/partitions.text

and...

ls -l -R /dev/block > /sdcard/block.txt

Then...

exit... (Simples!)

* /sdcard is basically like your Home Directory if you will... It's the root Directory which houses your /downloads Folder.

Then you'll need to zip those Two Files, along with the original recover.img, and post it somewhere, where abdul_pt can find it, then chill out till he gets to it, and posts it back here.

P.s.on a side note, and of my own interests... How would ADB over TCP/IP even work, when everything I've touched upon today indicates that you'll need to enable such a function over an USB Cable first? I ask since my shiny new Box has seems to have gpne, and lost its USB-OTG (Micro USB) port. And, although I've since orderd a Type A Male to Male USB Cable. But, to get to it can you even enable ADB over WiFi without a USB Cable? My guess is no... At least I was less successful with that trick this morning. Thankfully the Terminal Emulator was there for me that time.
              When I type the first line it says not found.

Comment

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong? Does it need capital or space? Please bare with me, hope y'all can help
                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
                Last edited by smilez; 10-17-2016, 19:43.

Comment

Originally posted by smilez View Post
                  I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong? Does it need capital or space? Please bare with me, hope y'all can help
                  can you upload a much bigger picture? its like a thumbnail. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Duepointe View Post

can you upload a much bigger picture? its like a thumbnail. Thanks.
                    Wooo that is thumbnail size. Took the pic with my phone. Ok I'm try to make it bigger.

I tried to upload full size but it would still show thumbnail size
                    Last edited by smilez; 10-17-2016, 20:42.

Comment

Wooo that is thumbnail size. Took the pic with my phone. Ok I'm try to make it bigger.

I tried to upload full size but it would still show thumbnail size
                      just checked the image and it seems like you're not on SU.
                      are you rooted? if yes then you need to type 'su' before you type the commands
                      and the dollar sign $ will change to #

Comment

just checked the image and it seems like you're not on SU.
                        are you rooted? if yes then you need to type 'su' before you type the commands
                        and the dollar sign $ will change to #
                        Thanks for the quick reply. I believe it's rooted the $ sign change to #. I typed it in exactly and for send line says not found.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. I believe it's rooted the $ sign change to #. I typed it in exactly and for send line says not found.
                          https://postimg.org/image/xgo31fyel/dd145f3e/
                          i think the cat /proc/partitions > /sdcard/partitions.txt went through.. check your storage.
                          but for ls -l -R /dev/block > /sdcard/block.txt those are small letter "L" not capital "I"

Comment

i think the cat /proc/partitions > /sdcard/partitions.txt went through.. check your storage.
                            but for ls -l -R /dev/block > /sdcard/block.txt those are small letter "L" not capital "I"

I hope that's it. There's 2 files.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/79s0a3921n...chive.zip?dl=0

edit: now I need to figure how to get recovery img.
                            Last edited by smilez; 10-18-2016, 04:24.

Comment

Is there a command in android terminal I can use to get the recovery img.?

Comment

Is there a command in android terminal I can use to get the recovery img.?
                                su
                                dd if=/dev/block/recovery of=/sdcard/recovery.img

Comment

Working...
                                X