CUBE TALK 9X CUSTOM ROM BASED ON STOCK FIRMWARE 1.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CUBE TALK 9X CUSTOM ROM BASED ON STOCK FIRMWARE 1.8

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. A lot.

FOR ALL OF YOU HAVING PROBLEM WITH TOUCHSCREEN NOT FUNCTIONING AFTER FLASHING MY ROM HERE IS MY FIX.
    TESTED ONLY ON CUBE TALK 9X WHITE/BLACK

-Takes only about 20 minutes if you follow this steps
    **make sure you have a working backup of nvram.bin from your tablet**
    **must be familiar with use of SP FLASH TOOL**
    **tablet should be fully charged or at least 40% battery life left**
    **Backup all your data from the tablet on the pc**

1.Download first https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0B5za...xport=download
    2.Extract downloaded file to your drive c:
    3.Open extracted folder and you will see 3 folders inside Drivers,SP FLASH TOOL AND STOCK CHINA FIRMWARE
    4.Install the drivers depending of your system X86 or X64.
    5.IF YOU RUN WINDOWS 8 .DRIVER SIGNING POLICY MODE MUST BE DISABLED IN ORDER TO INSTALL DRIVERS CORRECTLY OR FLASH TOOL WON`T WORK link here http://thephuck.com/end-user-computi...-in-windows-8/

6. By now you guys should have drivers installed and we can move on
    7. Open folder U65GT_V1.8_20140704 STOCK CHINA FIRMWARE and place your copy of nvram.bin
    8. Now we are ready for SP FLASH TOOL but before we start make sure the battery is at least 40% charged and make sure all your files from internal memory are saved and transfered to your PC.
    9. This proces will erase all data files and partitions from your tablet.
    10. Power off the tablet
    11.Open folder SP FLASH TOOL MODD
    12. Right click on flash_tool.exe RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR
    13. Answer Yes in popup window
    13. SP FLASH TOOL will start with error message scatter file not found... JUST CLICK OK
    14.Click on the box Scatter-Loading and select scatter file from folder U65GT_V1.8_20140704 STOCK CHINA FIRMWARE
    15.When the list of files is loaded make sure everything is checked in check box including NVRAM
    16. Select Format All+Download
    17. Press Download and wait a few seconds
    18.Connect your tablet to usb port and wait process to complete
    19.When done wait for a minute and power on tablet
    20. Thats it you are back on stock china firmware 1.8
    21. From here you can flash files throught recovery or whatever else.

I HAVE REMOVED DOWNLOADING LINKS FOR MY FIRMWARE AND WE WILL BE BACK SOON WITH MORE OPTIMISED FIRMWARE AND HOPEFULLY CHROME BUG FIX
    Last edited by dejan1979; 08-10-2014, 01:11.

Originally posted by dejan1979 View Post
    After many hours of editing and trying ROM on my own tablet i give you 100% stable ROM based on the stock firmware from Cube tablet site. It is safe to flash and it wont brick your tablet.

Rom features:
    -KOT49H 4.4.2 KitKat
    -edited install script to actually work with custom recovery
    -kernel feature Double Tap To Wake enabled
    -Custom Logo and Bootanimation
    -ROM deodexed and zipaligned
    -Multi Language Setup Support (english default)
    -Stock Google Apps integrated with working``ok google`` hotword detection
    -World based GPS/A-GPS support
    -AdBlocking throught hosts file
    -AOSP browser
    -China bloatware removed
    -NO BUSYBOX AND NO SUPERUSER support this time

Try it and experience all new level of your tablet.

* Download the ROM and place in on your tablet internal memory
    * Reboot to recovery (TWRP made by Lepi is recommended)
    * Wipe data/factory reset
    * Flash the ROM
    * Reboot your phone
    * Enjoy

Download ROM here GDRIVE https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5za4tkHuyjbT1o3OE1Qd2QzYzQ/edit?usp=sharing

Or here Yandex Disk https://yadi.sk/d/LDaIA4XkZK453

This is first built. There will be more to come. Any comments and suggestions are welcome. Thank you!

Want to thanks everybody at Freaktab community!!!
    beautiful boot animation
    Thanks.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mmrrdd View Post
      beautiful boot animation
      Thanks.
      What is your experience after flashing rom. What do you like the most what should be improved..idd like to know!

Comment

After flashing touchscreen does not work anymore. Can't go into recovery...

Comment

Originally posted by pix64 View Post
          After flashing touchscreen does not work anymore. Can't go into recovery...
          You must be doing something wrong then. I flashed the rom many many times. All ok.
          Did you download rom and put in your internal storage?
          Do you have TWRP recovery by Lepi installed:
          Power tablet off. Wait a minute.
          Hold power button for a 1 sec and immediately press and hold volume up button. Select recovery by moving volume up button . When selected press volume down button and you will be in TWRP recovery.
          Go to 2 option and clean dalvin flash factory reset. Bo back
          Hit o1 option Install and select storage where your zip is placed. Select it and hit install.
          After install clean cache one more time and restart.
          Works 100%

Comment

What is your experience after flashing rom. What do you like the most what should be improved..idd like to know!
            I am only download and opened logo.bin files ,not yet to flash this rom.

Comment

You must be doing something wrong then. I flashed the rom many many times. All ok.
              Did you download rom and put in your internal storage?
              Do you have TWRP recovery by Lepi installed:
              Power tablet off. Wait a minute.
              Hold power button for a 1 sec and immediately press and hold volume up button. Select recovery by moving volume up button . When selected press volume down button and you will be in TWRP recovery.
              Go to 2 option and clean dalvin flash factory reset. Bo back
              Hit o1 option Install and select storage where your zip is placed. Select it and hit install.
              After install clean cache one more time and restart.
              Works 100%
              Zip in internal storage, lepi twrp recovery, i had only formated dalvik and cache, not data as i though i needn't since i came from the same base rom 1.8...
              Then your rom booted fine, but no touchscreen.

Booting to recovery goes in a bootlop, TWRP image never shows.
              I flashed lepi recovery and brian rooted full rom again.
              Normal boot goes into a boot loop too.

Comment

Zip in internal storage, lepi twrp recovery, i had only formated dalvik and cache, not data as i though i needn't since i came from the same base rom 1.8...
                Then your rom booted fine, but no touchscreen.

Booting to recovery goes in a bootlop, TWRP image never shows.
                I flashed lepi recovery and brian rooted full rom again.
                Normal boot goes into a boot loop too.
                This is created from the stock update.zip(unmodified)To work as stock firmware created for TWRP recovery
                Bryan 1.8 is custom version of stock firmware made for the Flash Tool.
                Try flash stock china firmware from here http://pan.baidu.com/s/1bnEOztd
                Dont forget to make full backup of your nvram and others.
                Then using same FlashTool flash Lepi TWRP recovery
                Power on the device go into twrp recovery and flash my zip.
                You should be all set

Comment

Try flash stock china firmware from here http://pan.baidu.com/s/1bnEOztd
                  Thanks for your replies.

DL in progress.

Dont forget to make full backup of your nvram and others.
                  Then using same FlashTool flash Lepi TWRP recovery
                  Power on the device go into twrp recovery and flash my zip.
                  You should be all set
                  Before flashing your zip i did create a twrp backup of anything working (on sdcard) but i can't restore it since for now it's impossible to boot into recovery, even after flashing it again using flashtool.

Bootloop again and again...

Hope chinese firmware will give me a fresh start (but as Brian's modified didn't, i'm not that optimistic...)

Comment

Thanks for your replies.

DL in progress.

Before flashing your zip i did create a twrp backup of anything working (on sdcard) but i can't restore it since for now it's impossible to boot into recovery, even after flashing it again using flashtool.

Hope chinese firmware will give me a fresh start (but as Brian's modified didn't, i'm not that optimistic...)
                    I am uploading short video on youtube. It will be available in next hou or two.

Comment

Thanks for your replies.
                      ... for now it's impossible to boot into recovery, even after flashing it again using flashtool.

I've tried any recovery i could (2 from Brian's rom, lepi twrp).
                      Bootloop...

Can't boot to "chinese recovery" either, can't do anything but watching it bootloop every few seconds.

If anyone has an idea... Thanks.

Comment

So are we saying ROM won't flash properly if we are using 900ss custom rom? Do I have to flash stock with twrp and then install this ROM. .

Comment

Originally posted by mick154 View Post
                          So are we saying ROM won't flash properly if we are using 900ss custom rom? Do I have to flash stock with twrp and then install this ROM. .
                          I don't know, as i did not follow exactly the instructions (did not factory reset) when flashing dejan rom, after that i lost touchscreen, then recovery, then i'm ****ed...
                          Lepi may have had a similar problem with collui rom v3 and didn't tell he solved it... which seems bad to me.

Comment

Re: CUBE TALK 9X CUSTOM ROM BASED ON STOCK FIRMWARE 1.8

I don't know, as i did not follow exactly the instructions (did not factory reset) when flashing dejan rom, after that i lost touchscreen, then recovery, then i'm ****ed...
                            Lepi may have had a similar problem with collui rom v3 and didn't tell he solved it... which seems bad to me.
                            If you can still enter the fastboot mode by pressing volume up and power buttons together, issue the following command from the PC that the device is connected:

fastboot erase userdata

This will reset your tablet. Boot loop is usually caused by incompatible system and data partitions, which can be resolved by factory reset.

Comment

Re : CUBE TALK 9X CUSTOM ROM BASED ON STOCK FIRMWARE 1.8

Originally posted by bloommax View Post
                              If you can still enter the fastboot mode by pressing volume up and power buttons together, issue the following command from the PC that the device is connected:

fastboot erase userdata

This will reset your tablet. Boot loop is usually caused by incompatible system and data partitions, which can be resolved by factory reset.
                              I'll try that...

Thanks a lot !

Comment

Working...
                              X