No announcement yet.

CUBE TALK 9X CUSTOM ROM BASED ON STOCK FIRMWARE 1.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you very much guys, you're really helping.

I managed to restore IMEI, and my latest TWRP backup using TWRP manager. But still no touchscreen.

I've been googling and read posts about touchscreen firmware, but i didn't find how to interact with it, none of the tools i found could do anything with our touchscreen.

How to know which model it is ?

Comment

Quick System Info PRO

Using Quick System Info PRO : Basic Info -> Input devices, i got the values of the screenshot.

Could someone with a working touchscreen tell me if he gets the same values ?

Thanks !

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot.png
Views:	1
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	434386

Comment

Like this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-08-10-22-52-58.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	160.7 KB
ID:	434387

Comment

Originally posted by sHoa View Post
          Like this?
          Thanks.

Generation value is different, all others are same.

Other candidates ?

Comment

V1.0 2014528 rom for non chinese market

Below is the response I've got , so far , from CUBE AUSTRALIA.
            It contains a link to some old Firmware that was shipped with U65GT's to Australia.
            We should hear more news from them when I clarify the touch screen issue for them.
            I don't think the technician has looked into this yet?

”I have a good news for you. Seems I have solved all the issues.

A bit background first
            In Australia market, we have two rom versions, one is the V1.0 which is in your first tablet, and the other is v1.3 which is in your second tablet, technician just simply changed the v1.3 language into English.

Ok, your issues first:
            1) Long time boot issue
            The V1.0 is a stable version, the long boot issue might be caused by improper recovery by our technician due to different driver installed. So, just re-flash the romv1.0, and the issue should be solved. I have now upload a full firmware package, v1.0 20140528, onto Google Drive, path:https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8u...it?usp=sharing
            This package includes full drivers, rom(v1.0), SP flash tool(should have no difference with other MTK flash tools) and an English Operating Manual! You can now start to download it!

2) Customised v1.8 on your second tablet
            All v1.3 Chinese version onward are customised to serve the Chinese market, they have certain bundle apps installed. It is not recommended to be used. Therefore I suggest you to flash it back to v1.0.

Now, issues on Freaktab forum
            1) Cool ui v3 black screen issue
            This should be caused by a) the missing file in the rom package, and most important reason b) the drivers. Please see my V1.0 package, in which there is a full package of drivers for MTK8392/6592 in Windows XP/Vista/Win7/Win8-32bit/64bit. Now, how to recovery the 'dead' tablet:

a) connect the tablet with your PC by USB cable
            b) open 'Device Manager', there should be an 'unknown device' showed up
            c) install the drivers for this device by selecting the RIGHT driver
            d) the driver should now be installed and the device is shown in 'Port (COM and LPT)' and the device name might be 'MTK xxxx port'
            e) now you can flash the device under the normal step......
            f) finger crossed...

In conclusion
            All the issues above are most likely due to wrong MTK driver installed. Once you installed the right driver on your computer, it should be OK to flash any rom. This can also explain why you cannot use flash tools at first time. Also, to all 9x users, we suggest you install v1.0 only at the moment. Once we have the later Official English version for 9x, I believe it should have, we will release it any let your guys know at first instance. Meanwhile, if you find any issue in using v1.0, please let us know, we will improve it.

Hope this can help.

Cheers,
            Cube Australia

P.S. I double checked the package, there is a bit Chinese character in the folder name, you can delete it if you fell a bit annoy, shall have no impact on anything."

Comment

Originally posted by zvoddy23 View Post
              Below is the response I've got , so far , from CUBE AUSTRALIA.
              It contains a link to some old Firmware that was shipped with U65GT's to Australia.
              Thanks for you help !

I flashed 1.0, i had never seen the usual android boot logo on this tablet
              Touchscreen is unsurprisingly still dead, maybe next time.

Originally posted by zvoddy23 View Post
              We should hear more news from them when I clarify the touch screen issue for them.
              I don't think the technician has looked into this yet?
              So do i.

Thanks a lot !

Comment

build.prop compare.
                the left side is V1.8 ,the right side is V1.0

Attached Files

Comment

Frpm my chinese i got the app called MTKTweak.apk/ It is in chinese. Can anyone help me translate or point to the tool to do the job for me.

App is made for the control of 8core cpu and gpu parameters mt6592.
                  For batter performance and better gaming or battery saver.
                  I have apk and 4 init.d scripts for it. It is MTWtweakv16.
                  Any help is much appreciated

I try all the translating tools from the xda developers site and it did not work.

Comment

there is a translated version here, you can try it

Comment

Originally posted by Polderon View Post
                      there is a translated version here, you can try it
                      Thanks for reply. But from this miui post its an older v14 version. V15 is designed for our mtk6592 soc. V14 kinda is working but thats not it. Tx anyway

Comment

Sorry, you're right, it's an older version

Comment

Re: CUBE TALK 9X CUSTOM ROM BASED ON STOCK FIRMWARE 1.8

Originally posted by dejan1979 View Post
                          Frpm my chinese i got the app called MTKTweak.apk/ It is in chinese. Can anyone help me translate or point to the tool to do the job for me.

App is made for the control of 8core cpu and gpu parameters mt6592.
                          For batter performance and better gaming or battery saver.
                          I have apk and 4 init.d scripts for it. It is MTWtweakv16.
                          Any help is much appreciated

I try all the translating tools from the xda developers site and it did not work.
                          Does it support overclock/underclock? Send me a downtown link of the Chinese version if so. I will translate it into English if it is useful.

Comment

Originally posted by bloommax View Post
                            Does it support overclock/underclock? Send me a downtown link of the Chinese version if so. I will translate it into English if it is useful.
                            I dont know is that option available. I am not sure. I can`t read chinese. I know it is usefull and it can control many different options configured for mt6592 SOC. I will upload it on my google drive right now.
                            Help me translate it. Thank you
                            Translate it and upload it back please
                            Here is the gdrive link https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5z...it?usp=sharing

Comment

Xiaomi Redmi(MTK 6589)
                              How to fix "Invalid IMEI" or unbrick
                              http://en.miui.com/thread-18485-1-1.html

DOWNLOAD MAUI META 3G SOFTWARE
                              Last edited by mmrrdd; 08-14-2014, 04:28.

Comment

Re: CUBE TALK 9X CUSTOM ROM BASED ON STOCK FIRMWARE 1.8

Just back from holidays and catching up on things. It sounds as though a couple of people have now got issues with the touch screen after flashing this or the coolui ROM linked from cubes site.

If you can send me some details of the devices you have, maybe including the serial numbers (by pm if you wish) I'll email my contact at cube and see if I can get any hep from them.

Brian
                                900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

Working...
                                X