CUBE TALK 9X CUSTOM ROM BASED ON STOCK FIRMWARE 1.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EnerJon View Post
    You told me in private messages your device TP chip is not supported by gtptool.apk then i guess it was my good luck cause my device TP chip was supported by this tool... This tool has an option to take backup of our device touchpanel configs, i took a backup just to see this tool's backup format, and then i converted working/proper config file (gt9xx_config) which i got from my friend's mobile into the same format which was supported by this gtptool.apk using notepad++ because it was just a simple text file with hexadecimal numbers... i loaded those modded configs into this gtptool and applied it to my device, and it started working again after a reboot
    ok, i keep trying better.

Thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by 900supersport View Post
      Here's mine for the 928

[ATTACH]7556[/ATTACH]

Brian
      Thanks brian, it will be helpful, you took it from the device with working touchpanel?
      i checked previous posts on this thread, you guys have same device with different touchpanel chip? (Yes its possible) please give me the good and bad gt9xx_config file from the same two devices, having same build date...

Comment

Yes my touch panel works.
        900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

Originally posted by pix64 View Post
          ok, i keep trying better.

Thanks !
          One more thing you can try, here is the same tool for windows...

But the bad news is, its in chinese language, i know how to use it, you just do not touch its buttons, just connect your device to your pc, install and run this tool, and see at the top right corner of this tool, check your device is supported in it or not, its the only hope you have (excluding kernel compilation)

For example, have a look at this screenshot, you can see GT918 written on the top right corner

Comment

Thanks brian, it will be helpful, you took it from the device with working touchpanel?
            i checked previous posts on this thread, you guys have same device with different touchpanel chip? (Yes its possible)
            thanks both :-)

Lepi opened his tablet, and read gt928 on the chip (and took photos).
            His touchscreen is not working and he gets a PID=927 when "cat /proc/gt9xx_config".

please give me the good and bad gt9xx_config file from the same two devices, having same build date...
            Brian's file is good, mine is bad : gt9xx_config.zip

Comment

I have unpack boot.img of cool Ui V3 and officecial rom V1.6 .

Attached Files

Comment

Wrong kernel or uboot.bin/lk.bin can cause this touchpanel issue

Comment

One more thing you can try, here is the same tool for windows...

But the bad news is, its in chinese language, i know how to use it, you just do not touch its buttons, just connect your device to your pc, install and run this tool, and see at the top right corner of this tool, check your device is supported in it or not, its the only hope you have (excluding kernel compilation)

For example, have a look at this screenshot, you can see GT918 written on the top right corner
                  http://www.needrom.com/wp-content/up...rfiles/4_2.jpg
                  I have installed it, my device is seen (i see my tablet serial in the "console" when i plug it in), but i get

[4.205]<Error> USB设备驱动不支持此工具, 您使用的功能将限制在"Android控制器"!

In english : [3.945] <Error> USB device driver does not support this tool, you use the functions will be limited to "Android Controller"!

My adb works fine, and i could flash roms using smart phone flash tool. May i be missing an other driver ?

I have tried replacing my adb files with the files included in the tool, same result.

But with that windows tool, i can see that GT928 is in the list, contrary to gtptool.apk where it wasn't (closest in the list was GT900).

Something else, i'm a bit confused and must have misunderstood something : in xda thread i read about _goodix_update_.bin. Now we are looking at GT9xx_config, one is the firmware (.bin) and the other its configuration, isn't it ? Gtptool wants to flash a .bin firmware file, i am confused about what is what.

Comment

May be this manual (though in Chinese) can help a little: GTPADBPDF.zip
                    If I understand Google translate right (or at least close to the original) there must exist some "debuging node" in order for the Goodix ADB Tool to work as it intended.
                    It is generated if #define GTP_CREATE_WR_NODE in gt9xx.h is enabled during kernel compilation and is expected at /proc/goodix_tool or /proc/gmnode* .
                    There is nothing there in 1.8 stock firmware (may be this is why we are getting error), so seems reasonable to check with older FW boot images and maybe wtih "TP killer" boot img from CoolUIv3 (of course, only on the tablet with already damaged TP config).
                    And yes - we can dump the working TP config, but I haven't seen GT928_1040*.bin firmware anywhere.

File source: http://chinagadgetsreviews.blogspot....oogee.html?m=1

Comment

Originally posted by Rara Avis View Post
                      And yes - we can dump the working TP config, but I haven't seen GT928_1040*.bin firmware anywhere.

File source: http://chinagadgetsreviews.blogspot....oogee.html?m=1
                      May be this https://yadi.sk/d/Ftdqns98ZyjuQ
                      I tried this, but without success
                      videoTutor1 videoTutor2 videoTutor3 videoTutor4 videoTutor5 videoTutor6
                      TWRP_2.8.1.0
                      TWRP_2810_newTheme TWRP_2.8.5.0
                      PayPal donate WMID410517421626

Comment

Originally posted by Lepi View Post
                        May be this https://yadi.sk/d/Ftdqns98ZyjuQ
                        I tried this, but without success
                        If we can trust this tool - this is what we need:

Click image for larger version

Name:	928_1040.png
Views:	1
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	434470

Сергей Михайлович, did You try to make folder named "goodix" at the root of sdcard, put this _goodix_update_.bin there and reboot?

Comment

If we can trust this tool - this is what we need:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7560[/ATTACH]

Сергей Михайлович, did You try to make folder named "goodix" at the root of sdcard, put this _goodix_update_.bin there and reboot?
                          Yes. Put and reboot 10 times =)
                          videoTutor1 videoTutor2 videoTutor3 videoTutor4 videoTutor5 videoTutor6
                          TWRP_2.8.1.0
                          TWRP_2810_newTheme TWRP_2.8.5.0
                          PayPal donate WMID410517421626

Comment

So the idea is to ask Guru's to compile kernel with #define GTP_CREATE_WR_NODE in gt9xx.h and our 928_1040 firmware (and config?) to see, if this helps to make GTP ADB Tool working with out tablets...

Comment

So the idea is to ask Guru's to compile kernel with #define GTP_CREATE_WR_NODE in gt9xx.h and our 928_1040 firmware (and config?) to see, if this helps to make GTP ADB Tool working with out tablets...
                              REMOVED

i understood your post better after translating the pdf and trying again, i don't have /proc/goodix_tool or /proc/gm*
                              Last edited by pix64; 08-19-2014, 13:04.

Comment

Originally posted by pix64 View Post
                                thanks both :-)

Lepi opened his tablet, and read gt928 on the chip (and took photos).
                                His touchscreen is not working and he gets a PID=927 when "cat /proc/gt9xx_config".

Brian's file is good, mine is bad : [ATTACH]7557[/ATTACH]
                                This bad file was generated with Brian's 1.8 rooted rom.

This next file was generated using Dejan's rom with faulty kernel, it's a bit different : gt9xx_config_faulty.zip

Comment

Working...
                                X