Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW - 900 Supersport rooted ROM for Cube U30GTH

Well here it is my first ROM for the Cube U30GTH

This is based on the latest cube 1.6 rom jelly Bean.

Rooted
    Bloat removed
    English
    Clockwork Recovery by Finless Bob

here's the download , please read the readme

ROM Cube U30GTH JB - 900SuperSport 1.0 - Root, EXT4, CWM (237 megs)

Instructions.
    Remove sdcard before flashing otherwise it may get re formatted
    Unzip
    open the Cube U30GT_H 900 Supersport 1.0 EXT4_CWM folder
    Connect the cube
    Double click the ROM Flash Tool
    start the cube in flash mode (hold vol+ and power for 3 to 4 seconds then release power then volume)
    If you do not have drivers already installed they are included with the rom kit in the drivers folder
    Once drivers installed the flash tool should see your cube and update the status at the bottom
    Click the [Erase NAND (IDB)] button, you should see progress recorded on the right up to 4096
    Once complete click Flash ROM, again follow progress until done

The cube should now restart, it will pause on the peas screen a while as partitions are formatted mounted and initialised
    At the clockwork screen press the power button to restart (if you go on to use clockwork the volume + and - buttons scroll up and down and power is select)
    The Cube should now reboot showing my boot animation and then start up in English.

Enjoy

Brian 900Supersport

PS my thanks to the team here for providing the best technical info on the net on cooking ROMs
    Last edited by 900supersport; 08-30-2012, 06:01.
    900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

OOPS nothing to download, bad filename?

Comment

congrat + question

Hi Brian/900Supersport,

Congratulation for your brand new Freaktab DevTeam Membership! Following your visible contributions to Bob's Clockwork adoption to u30gt, I'm quite sure you'v deserved it

I'm very glad that you (and the spirit of Bob) released the first full fetched clockwork containing ROM for our u30gt. As I don't have my Cubee with me at the moment to try it right away, I only have two theoretical questions; 1. do you plan to increase the in-ROM app space in future release? (as I remember from one of your early discussions with Bob, it is possible). 2. would an EXT4 swap partition boost the responsiveness of the os and/or the running speed of the apps?

THX and Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by xavisu View Post
        OOPS nothing to download, bad filename?

same problem

Edit:

Link download: http://video.freaktab.com/?subpath=f...persport10.zip

Comment

Link fixed, try now.

Brian
          900Supersport

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Comment

Originally posted by 900supersport View Post
            Link fixed, try now.

Brian

Fixed, thanks!!

Comment

Re: 900 Supersport rooted ROM for Cube U30GTH

Originally posted by zuzmara View Post
              Hi Brian/900Supersport,

Congratulation for your brand new Freaktab DevTeam Membership! Following your visible contributions to Bob's Clockwork adoption to u30gt, I'm quite sure you'v deserved it

I'm very glad that you (and the spirit of Bob) released the first full fetched clockwork containing ROM for our u30gt. As I don't have my Cubee with me at the moment to try it right away, I only have two theoretical questions; 1. do you plan to increase the in-ROM app space in future release? (as I remember from one of your early discussions with Bob, it is possible). 2. would an EXT4 swap partition boost the responsiveness of the os and/or the running speed of the apps?

THX and Cheers
              I've made it 2 gig rather than 1 so you should be OK.

As regards 2 it's not something I've read of. I'm impressed with the responsiveness of the cube anyway.
              900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Just downloading now can wait to try it out. This will mean we flash the .zip updates and also any incremental updates to the rom will not require a full wipe

Yup should of also said big thanks
                All installed now and looking good so far just have to reinstall all my apps was using efficient backup for this but its telling me now linux kernel is corrupt anyway not to worry. Did''nt have much installed to begin with
                Last edited by psygnosis; 08-25-2012, 21:52.

Comment

First off, BIG thanks to 900 and Bob.

Just flashed the rom and so far so good. Just about to play around, the 2gb app space will be very handy.

Comment

Originally posted by zuzmara View Post
                    2. would an EXT4 swap partition boost the responsiveness of the os and/or the running speed of the apps?
                    I really doubt having a swap partiton will have much diffference in performance and responsiveness since this tablet is already equipped with 1gb of ram which is alot to go by for regular usage.

Other alternative is to use compcache or zram which is better than using swap but both requires kernel source to be implemented. Even so I doubt it will make significant difference. Just my two cents.

Comment

great job 900supersport

no longer detect the external card, I have to take it out and put it back to the mount, even though the changelog of 1.0.6 is:

Correction TF card mount and HDMI hibernation may not be able to wake

Comment

I'd consider the external flash suspect until proven otherwise.
                        900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

The problem started in 1.0.5, format card in NTFS and FAT, format it with the cube, nothing. try it with another card that I use on the phone, too fails.
                          I went back to 1.0.4. Seeing 1.0.6 changelog thought would be solved, but still dismounting.

Comment

900supersport,

Just wanted some clarity something if I may?

If I flashed your ROM, would I be able to go back to stock Cube ROM easily? Is it just a matter of flashing the stock rom or does the NAND need to be erased etc etc.

Thanks in advance for your help, and great work with this new ROM.

Comment

Yes you can flash a stock Rom after this one. Just follow the usual process.
                              900Supersport

freaktab developer

Comment

Working...
                              X