This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DUDE??? WHAT DID YOU DO???

Joking, but seriously my ethernet speeds died, can't stream properly through plex, stuttering and freezing, I'll play with it a bit more but something is definitely screwy on my system with your latest rom.

Comment

Just tested Wifi and Ethernet Speeds, tested same as first release of Rom using ookla.

Direct Connect in wifi settings cant recall seeing that before ?
      Has been awhile since i have had a good fiddle with my M8

Originally posted by walrusone View Post
      DUDE??? WHAT DID YOU DO???

Joking, but seriously my ethernet speeds died, can't stream properly through plex, stuttering and freezing, I'll play with it a bit more but something is definitely screwy on my system with your latest rom.

A few hours had a good fiddle, No doom and Gloom, all working well XBMC, Plex, Netflix,
      Apps in Well Done JM ready for your next project and no pussy footing around

Cheers
      Last edited by trebor; 10-20-2014, 09:13. Reason: more updates to the update
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

perfect

I didn't use the tooth pick method and everything is working perfect so far. I installed from setting. Once the update finished the system rebooted and I got the google service error. I ignored it and preformed factory reset and the next boot no more errors. Then I turned on the scottie wake me. So far it is running very smooth. No interlace or stuttering in xbmc and no network drop out. My ethernet speed was 77m down and 8m up. I turned off the unit and was able to wake it up but I only waited 2min and when I did wake it up it was from a usb air mouse which might mean the unit is not in real sleep mode as only the IR remote was able to wake it up from the deep sleep in other ROMs. I will leave it off overnight and see in the morning. Honestly, if the unit stays cool I wouldn't care of it is in deep sleep mode or not..... I am a cat lover but I have to admit the new vbox logo looks better. I still don't see the Bluetooth in the setting but I don't use any Bluetooth device so that is not an issue for me. In conclusion, this is the perfect ROM I have been waiting for. Thank you justme.

Comment

Can this be updated with toothpick method ? Is the new one based on 109k4 ? Because that didnt work

Comment

Originally posted by userofthenet View Post
            I turned off the unit and was able to wake it up but I only waited 2min and when I did wake it up it was from a usb air mouse which might mean the unit is not in real sleep mode as only the IR remote was able to wake it up from the deep sleep in other ROMs. I will leave it off overnight and see in the morning
            the unit never woke up in the morning. I guess the power issue is still there for me.

Comment

the unit never woke up in the morning. I guess the power issue is still there for me.

was the Turn on button still shaded out or not?
              Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Originally posted by JustMe View Post
                was the Turn on button still shaded out or not?
                Before turning the unit off last night the turn on button was not shaded. I didn't turn the unit on this morning to see if it is still greyed out (not shaded).

Comment

Before turning the unit off last night the turn on button was not shaded. I didn't turn the unit on this morning to see if it is still greyed out (not shaded).
                  button must be (greyed out as if you pressed it) before backing out of teh app.

I only tested it for 1hr which to me it works because prior to the app after 12min the box would not wake up

only other thing i can think of is the andriod task manager after while when resources are low it scraps the app.

cannot test at the moment as I'm working on the linux rom and have it loaded on my box

maybe some other member who loaded it can advise
                  Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

I only tested it for 1hr which to me it works because prior to the app after 12min the box would not wake up

only other thing i can think of is the andriod task manager after while when resources are low it scraps the app.

cannot test at the moment as I'm working on the linux rom and have it loaded on my box

Thank you just me. The ROM is still the best for me even with the power glitch. I will test more after work today and report back. Hopefully someone else can give feedback with this regard as well.

Comment

I still lose internet connection after 40/50 minutes but everything else works fine so far,i'll try the latest acemax firware but i really think i'll give up on android on this box now and wait for linux.I've been spoiled by using openelec on an mx2 box.

Comment

I pressed the Turn On button in the Wakeme app then backed-out. Checked the app a couple of minutes later and the Turn On button was not grayed-out. App was still active in the task manager and in Settings/Applications.

Comment

BT problem

Is there anything to do to solve this Bluetooth problem (seems not recognized by Android)?

Comment

Originally posted by dy57 View Post
                            I pressed the Turn On button in the Wakeme app then backed-out. Checked the app a couple of minutes later and the Turn On button was not grayed-out. App was still active in the task manager and in Settings/Applications.
                            playing a little bit more with the wake me app I found that the turn on button doesn't stay greyed out if you exit the app with the back button. Once you make the changes you should exit the app by pressing the home button. This way the app stays in the background and the service doesn't get killed.

Comment

So did anyone else have the ethernet/wifi issues with the newest justme rom. I found it strange as I have had excellent speeds since his second update and now I'm having issues. For now I flashed back to finless 1.8. I may tried to do another clean flash tomorrow, but I'm doubtful it will change anything as I flashed it twice already with the same resulting slow ethernet/wifi speeds.

Comment

Originally posted by walrusone View Post
                                So did anyone else have the ethernet/wifi issues with the newest justme rom. I found it strange as I have had excellent speeds since his second update and now I'm having issues. For now I flashed back to finless 1.8. I may tried to do another clean flash tomorrow, but I'm doubtful it will change anything as I flashed it twice already with the same resulting slow ethernet/wifi speeds.
                                didn't try wifi but no issues for me with ethernet.
                                Last edited by userofthenet; 10-21-2014, 04:25.

Comment

Working...
                                X