X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wakeme Scottie

Checking apps, running found that Wakeme Scottie service running no mater
    how you escaped from the App after it was activated.

All WiFi and Ether speeds great here with latest Rom

4 later hours used Scottie, short push remote blue light on then Off, Longer push M8 came alive time correct WIFI connected, Looking good JM.

In Wakeme noticed a setting nothing there, a future option or ?

Cheers
    Last edited by trebor; 10-21-2014, 06:38. Reason: update more updates
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
      Wakeme Scottie

Checking apps, running found that Wakeme Scottie service running no mater
      how you escaped from the App after it was activated.

All WiFi and Ether speeds great here with latest Rom

4 later hours used Scottie, short push remote blue light on then Off, Longer push M8 came alive time correct WIFI connected, Looking good JM.

In Wakeme noticed a setting nothing there, a future option or ?

Cheers

Auto start feature for power failures possible in next version
      Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Oman Port: Superb Rom

Yet another great rom from your fast-growing store! I was slow to test this latest release because it will take a lot to budge me from beta 1.1 (Stane's kernel). On my H8M8 V2.0 board, that one has been magnificent.

Pros:

- This latest version (Oman kernel) is very fast and smooth, with great video playback. 4k videos in YouTube (Shibuya; Assassins Creed; Norway; England) are superb. XBMC works flawlessly.

- LAN speeds are best-in-class:

Ethernet - 98 mbps down; 22 mbps up
        WiFi - 53.1 mbps down; 24.1 mbps up (yes, slightly faster up than on Ethernet)

No dropped connections after 1 hr.
        Play Store works without issues.
        New launcher is versatile.

Cons (minor):

- Normal toothpick installation didn't work: same failure messages as Trebor. Used update from external in recovery menu to select zip, did factory reset and all went well.

- no Bluetooth switch in android settings: no big deal for me, never use it.

- WakeMe Scottie app unavoidable for wake up via remote; app does not persist after reboot.

Will stay on this rom for a few days for a long-term test. Maybe the cat will return.

Comment

Plex Issue

Ok, so I've done another clean install of the rom. This seems to have fixed my ethernet speeds thankfully. However, I'm still have an issue with plex (this issue was also seen in the rom with the Stane Kernel). Whenever I start a video in Plex, the audio starts before the video (this does not happen in XBMC). I was thinking that this may be a plex issue, but it doesn't happen when I use the Finless 1.8 rom. To get the audio to sync, all I have to do is restart (rewind 15 seconds) the video and audio syncs back up completely.

Anyone have any ideas? I've tried screwing with all kinds of settings in plex to no avail.

Comment

Plex

Check you Plex settings.
            I increased the output stream in Plex all these updates of late with Plex I think they had set a low default

JM Rom is trying to suck the data out but Plex is acting like a dripping tap.

Toothpick method
            JM's .aml for this Rom needs an edit to use this method, I think all this debacle with the cats has had something to do with it

Cheers
            treboR
            Please consider
            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
              Check you Plex settings.
              I increased the output stream in Plex all these updates of late with Plex I think they had set a low default

JM Rom is trying to suck the data out but Plex is acting like a dripping tap.
              Both my server and android plex player were set to maximum output/input stream as the default was really low. I've reflashed Finless 1.8 and I don't have any sync issues, so I'm not quite sure what is causing it.

With Finless 1.8 - no sync issues, a little interlacing
              With JM 1.2 - video starts out of sync, no interlacing, and the audio will go back in sync by simply restarting/rewinding the video.

I personally wouldn't care about restarting the video each time, but it'll piss the wife off!!!

Comment

First of all, thank you very much for this ROM is the best I've tried so far haven't been able to do exhaustive testing to it but so far:
                Network is 98mbps downstream ethernet, the best I've seen so far, I don't use wifi
                Antutu benchmark is around 39.5k
                The led and standby function works correctly
                Using Kodi alpha 2 with no problem at all (had to use this alpha because alpha 3 and 4 breaks Axl Downloader) Before this ROM Kodi stalled randomly for no apparent reason, the cpu usage on the box went up with avnftl6 process, while the module aml_nftl_dev accessed the nand flash
                Do not see bluetooth options although I don't use it
                Was able to install Ookla Speedtest, previously I always got error of incompatibility
                Had to install google apk to open the play store
                Great launcher

Comment

Im having issue with XBMC after 30-40 mins it keeps putting my box to standby or something. I have to pull out lead and if i put it in too quick it stays in standby.

any help.. this has happened on a few roms

Comment

Re: Square M8 JustMe Rom 20140901

Originally posted by mahsidi View Post
                    Im having issue with XBMC after 30-40 mins it keeps putting my box to standby or something. I have to pull out lead and if i put it in too quick it stays in standby.

any help.. this has happened on a few roms
                    I had the same issue on all roms that i've tried. It seemed like a hardware issue (possibly overheating). Some roms would last longer but at some point during the video playback, the screen would just go black. I had to wait at least 5-10 minutes to plug it back in and the box to turn on (which strengthens my believe that it's a heat issue). I ended up returning it and getting a replacement.

Comment

After flashing can't reboot into TWRP recovery

I just flashed this rom to try it out and made a backup of Finless 1.8 in TWRP before i flashed this. Flashed fine and used it a little. Now i wanted to get back into recovery and I can't. The splash screen just keeps blinking over and over. Tried toothpick method and the reboot app in the rom. Also tried using the OTA updater to flash Finless but still the splash screen just keeps blinking. I placed the recovery.img of this rom on the root of the sd card like stated before but it still is not letting me in recovery. Any ideas?

Comment

Best ROM Minus Bluetooth

My previous setup on a recently purchased M8N unit, which has the M9&M8_V1.0 PCB, had the stock 201409 firware installed with XBMC Gotham 13.2. When streaming video media through XBMC with this setup, I was getting consistent interlacing issues.

I have since installed the latest JustMe_1094K_1.2_Final firmware and been running it for the last couple of days, where the interlacing issues appear to have gone all together and the video image quality is much better than previously experienced!

I would definitely recommend this firmware to anyone having a similar issue using the latest M8N unit and XBMC 13.2. Unless ofc, having no bluetooth is an issue. Is there any update on when this could be fixed?

Anyway, thanks goes out to JustMe and anyone else involved in making this firmware available. Cheers

Comment

error

i keep getting when trying to install JustMe_1094K_1.2_Final firmware

E:failed to open /sdcard/justme1.0_net.zip (no such file or directory)
                          E:signature verification failed
                          installation aborted

any help would be greatly appreciated

Comment

watling85 have you extracted the file to your sd card?

Comment

Originally posted by snelsy View Post
                              watling85 have you extracted the file to your sd card?
                              hi,
                              yeah i extracted justme_109k4_1.2_final zip and put the four files on a sd card

Comment

Very nice work indeed... i love it.

1 question, how/is there a way to add programs shortcuts to the main window?
                                Three days of testing can save 10 minutes reading manuals

Comment

Working...
                                X