Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to report, wifi connection on my house cant be detected on my M8 using justme 1.3 version, any ideas guys, thank you , pcb no. M9&M8_V1.0 2014/07/07 M8N box

I was on finless 1.8 before i flashed this to try?wifi ok no problems .ethernet ok no problems..thanks
    Another issue, blue light on after power down?
    Last edited by warlock09; 11-05-2014, 01:02.

Comment

odd my bluelight goes off when I use the remote to power down, i hold it for 3 seconds roughly and it powers down properly.

No wifi issues here though, however the wifi antenna in these units arent that strong... very strange though it was working fine with finless 1.8 though

Comment

Originally posted by avd View Post
        I'm running v1.3 on trmk1 m8 box. Nice launcher and xbmc is very fast I am using aeon nox skin. My download speed is only about 17mb compared to my laptop on same network which is around the 55mb download.
        wifi or ethernet?
        Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Originally posted by warlock09 View Post
          Just to report, wifi connection on my house cant be detected on my M8 using justme 1.3 version, any ideas guys, thank you , pcb no. M9&M8_V1.0 2014/07/07 M8N box

I was on finless 1.8 before i flashed this to try?wifi ok no problems .ethernet ok no problems..thanks
          Another issue, blue light on after power down?

reflash the box do cache and dalvik wipe
          Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Originally posted by avd View Post
            I'm running v1.3 on trmk1 m8 box. Nice launcher and xbmc is very fast I am using aeon nox skin. My download speed is only about 17mb compared to my laptop on same network which is around the 55mb download.
            I get the same issue exactly on Ethernet

Comment

justme 1.3

Originally posted by ibz717 View Post
              I get the same issue exactly on Ethernet
              the same issue wifi and ethernet,everything else works fine.

Comment

I finally flashed this ROM. It indeed does get impressively higher Antutu scores (though it says "un verified"). A couple of issues though:

1. Regardless of the higher Antutu score, for some reason it does not feel as a snappy as Finless 1.8. Might be purely my imagination.

2. Actual legitimate problem that might explain alot of peoples problems with the Wifi: This ROM does not seem to be able to take advantage of M8s that have dual band wifi. I have two Wifi networks in my house, one 2.4 ghz and the other 5ghz. On Finless 1.8, my box can see both networks. On this rom, it only sees my 2.4 ghz network. Maybe some people have only 5ghz networks and are finding themselves without wifi on this ROM because it apparently cannot see 5ghz spectrum. Major problem.

3. The custom launcher is nice but very laggy. The standard launcher is not as neat and clean as Finless. Thats easy to change though. (Though I dont know how to get that little line that separates the desktop from the app launching bar at the bottom.)

Comment

Originally posted by servo386 View Post

2. Actual legitimate problem that might explain alot of peoples problems with the Wifi: This ROM does not seem to be able to take advantage of M8s that have dual band wifi. I have two Wifi networks in my house, one 2.4 ghz and the other 5ghz. On Finless 1.8, my box can see both networks. On this rom, it only sees my 2.4 ghz network. Maybe some people have only 5ghz networks and are finding themselves without wifi on this ROM because it apparently cannot see 5ghz spectrum. Major problem.
                  Strange, I have mine using the 5Ghz band exclusively and it's been working fine....

It is a M8 with V0.92 board if that makes any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by JustMe View Post
                    wifi or ethernet?

It's on ethernet as WiFi does not pick up any networks which I already knew before I flashed the rom.

Comment

tell me how to run a remote device?
                      MY MINI PC: C4,CS918,M8,M8C

Comment

Have just tried to update from original version to 1.3 via update options in settings, with data on sd card, update apparently ran but can only boot into a blue screen and go no further. All attempts to reset via reset button have no effect .
                        Any suggestions?

Comment

Actually. I am not even getting a blue screen, that's from my receiver because the M8 isn't sending out anything at all even though the blue led is lit.

Comment

Originally posted by SSThing View Post
                            Actually. I am not even getting a blue screen, that's from my receiver because the M8 isn't sending out anything at all even though the blue led is lit.
                            Try and jump back into recovery mode with sd card removed and do factory restore then reboot again... the first boot may take a minute or so to get going.
                            Three days of testing can save 10 minutes reading manuals

Comment

So are there any jumpers/pins inside that can be bridged (like the bios jumpers in my pc) to do a reset, does anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by Deezel View Post
                                Try and jump back into recovery mode with sd card removed and do factory restore then reboot again... the first boot may take a minute or so to get going.
                                Resetting via av port does nothing, sd card in or out, so am completely stuck at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X