Rooting a Nextbook NX700QC16G?!?!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple User accounts

Has anyone been able to get multiple user accounts on the Nextbook 7? I just got one for my wife so she would have an easier time managing her clients social media profiles.

Edit: by installing exposed framework and Multiple Usears from Xda, I was able to get it to work (Before firmware update)
    Last edited by h53spidey; 12-31-2014, 06:24. Reason: Solution found

Comment

Size of the update file from nextbook.

What's the exact size of the update file from the nextbook website? Mine is 1.99GB but I read that it's supposed to be over 2GB. I don't want to try and flash the firmware if I have a corrupted copy.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHarbinger View Post
        What's the exact size of the update file from the nextbook website? Mine is 1.99GB but I read that it's supposed to be over 2GB. I don't want to try and flash the firmware if I have a corrupted copy.
        Windows says it is 1.99 GB if you hover your mouse over it but it also says it is 2,090,640 KB in explorer.
        The MD5 checksum is 5ace12fcb7744fec2f4cb56c8a6f5b1e if you want to really make sure. This was generated off of the copy I have and have used this firmware on 4 tablets now with perfect results.

Edit: In case anyone wants to grab everything needed to update the firmware, I have placed the firmware, drivers, instructions, and flash tool that I have used at this link on Mega.co.nz. All are tested and working fine on my Windows 7 x64 laptop.
        Last edited by Metalneck; 01-02-2015, 01:17. Reason: Added link

Comment

Originally posted by Metalneck View Post
          Windows says it is 1.99 GB if you hover your mouse over it but it also says it is 2,090,640 KB in explorer.
          The MD5 checksum is 5ace12fcb7744fec2f4cb56c8a6f5b1e if you want to really make sure. This was generated off of the copy I have and have used this firmware on 4 tablets now with perfect results.

Edit: In case anyone wants to grab everything needed to update the firmware, I have placed the firmware, drivers, instructions, and flash tool that I have used at this link on Mega.co.nz. All are tested and working fine on my Windows 7 x64 laptop.
          Thanks for the reply. I was just wondering if I downloaded a corrupted file from nextbook.

Comment

I need help

I have tried every flash tool listed. I had windows 8 and nothing was working - reverted back to xp - finally got everything to work except the flash tool. I would really appreciate some help. I have been at this for about 6 hours and about at wits end. Thanks

Comment

Try this

Originally posted by Karenbrooke View Post
              I have tried every flash tool listed. I had windows 8 and nothing was working - reverted back to xp - finally got everything to work except the flash tool. I would really appreciate some help. I have been at this for about 6 hours and about at wits end. Thanks
              Try Tim Whetsel's instructions over on his blog at http://nextbook7.blogspot.com/2014/1...re-update.html

Comment

Thanks

Thanks so much! I had issues with the driver installation - I think a tad more clarification on adding legacy hardware might be helpful for some. The first choice is "MTP device" i kept trying and trying to no avail. Finally changed to "Media Tek Inc." and it downloaded. said the device might not work, but it downloaded. Finished the installation perfectly. Now if it lets my grandson download the games he wants - I'll be a "rockin' grandma" Have a great new year to all!

Comment

good disscusion, This what I was looking for

Comment

Originally posted by h53spidey View Post
                    Has anyone been able to get multiple user accounts on the Nextbook 7? I just got one for my wife so she would have an easier time managing her clients social media profiles.

Edit: by installing exposed framework and Multiple Usears from Xda, I was able to get it to work (Before firmware update)
                    Update: For those of you who might be interested, Installing exposed framework and multiple users works after the firmware update as well. Comes in really handy when you have more than one person using the tablet, and even allows for restricted app accounts.

Comment

Been trying to do this for 2 days and all I get is this error message. See attachment. Any help greatly appreciated. Have 3 for my boys and at wit's end trying to give them space for more than 3 games.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bullfrog View Post
                        Been trying to do this for 2 days and all I get is this error message. See attachment. Any help greatly appreciated. Have 3 for my boys and at wit's end trying to give them space for more than 3 games.
                        Did you run as administrator? Also check the size of your firmware update folder to make sure that it is not corrupted. It should be around 1.99GB. The nextbook site server may have disconnected during the download process and caused your download to become incomplete and corrupt. This happened to me several times when I was trying to download it.

Comment

Did you use the Flash Tool from the Nextbook site cause that one is broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullfrog View Post
                            Use the one that I uploaded to Mega I posted on the previous page and run it as administrator. Should work for you then.

Comment

updating root su binary

[QUOTE=Cory;260564]Root has been very good to me, and I have run into no issues.
                              The shorthand walkthrough is:
                              (Disclaimer, don't root if you're not comfortable! There's always a chance to brick a tablet... although low in this case)

Kingo Root App - http://www.kingoapp.com/

___

I'm having a problem where superSU wants to update the binary but it keeps failing..( I did the install with kingO root btw) I don't want to push it too far and end up corrupting anything important. has anyone gotten the binary to update successfully or even seeing this message from superSU? (is superSU even installed by KingO?)

Thanks for any help.. I was shocked that I even found any info on this tablet when I got it, it's a nice little gadget for the price...

Comment

Metalbeck, does your downloads work with Windows 8? I have 8 and used your downloads but still had issues, however not the same issue it just didn't do anything this time, no error message now download, nothing. Wasn't sure if it was because of Windows 8 or not, I know there are different directions for 7 vs 8 and different download maybe?

Comment

Working...
                                X