OpenElec on EM8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OpenElec on EM8

Give it a go. The resolution was key before. Not sure if that was fixed in beta 2. But worth a shot. Do a factory reset before and after installing OE.

Comment

if it gets cleaned cache etc how does changing a settting's in old os affect new os?
      thought it would over write it?
      I will for sure do it just wondered

Comment

OpenElec on EM8

Beats me lol.

Comment

lol

Comment

Yes I found the boot bizarre on this b2

Cheers
            treboR
            Please consider
            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

OpenElec on EM8

Originally posted by trebor View Post
              Yes I found the boot bizarre on this b2

Cheers
              Did you get it installed? Same process as before?

Comment

Originally posted by MetalKettle View Post
                Did you get it installed? Same process as before?
                Yes,

Also after a few minutes of a blank screen (time to load) hit the return key 5 or more times
                if you have kyb, then power off on remote many times it also kicked in

and looking north while eating pizza also helped

Cheers
                treboR
                Please consider
                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

stuck on amlogic logo ths time
                  tried factory reset again and reboots

Comment

@JM, is SPDIF enabled in beta 2?

Comment

Try a different Android Rom to set up the 720,
                      Stanes Android or a Finless if not already

Cheers

Originally posted by foz View Post
                      stuck on amlogic logo ths time
                      tried factory reset again and reboots
                      treboR
                      Please consider
                      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

the just me 1.2 final works every time but can not get past boot logo splash on either b1 or b2 with this
                        foz

Comment

the just me 1.2 final works every time but can not get past boot logo splash on either b1 or b2 with this
                          foz
                          That is very strange I normally do a tooth pick select the file in recovery mode and in recovery mode press restart box option #1

you should get quick flicker of the green amlogic logo and then boot straight into OpenELEC tried it over 30 times on m8 I will download the file and test the uploaded one to make sure it the right one i uploaded Openelec beta2, beta 1 had issues for allot of people getting stuck at boot second boot logo screen
                          Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

beta 2 definitely working no issue on boot ups 15 to 20 seconds even power off and suspend working 100%

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

JustMe

Comment

Something differant on these M8 boxes from totalxbmc mk1 S802 K200 I think
                              bob has got the original rom
                              1 lad on forum has got it on and working but 2 off us it simply won't go further than splash screen
                              Been trying all differant things for over 5 hrs
                              it's really strange flashing jm1.2 final works every time same method of installing it
                              shame really wanted this port
                              Foz
                              the first splash flashes up but then it comes back to same Amlogic splash
                              The install seems to be successful every time but same problem
                              tried USB SD cards ie Firefox to download file 720 p in old os
                              Every combination really of All things we can change
                              differant tv's monitors etc reboot from recovery pulling power etc etc etc etc

Comment

Something differant on these M8 boxes from totalxbmc mk1 S802 K200 I think
                                bob has got the original rom
                                1 lad on forum has got it on and working but 2 off us it simply won't go further than splash screen
                                Been trying all differant things for over 5 hrs
                                it's really strange flashing jm1.2 final works every time same method of installing it
                                shame really wanted this port
                                Foz
                                the first splash flashes up but then it comes back to same Amlogic splash
                                The install seems to be successful every time but same problem
                                tried USB SD cards ie Firefox to download file 720 p in old os
                                Every combination really of All things we can change
                                differant tv's monitors etc reboot from recovery pulling power etc etc etc etc
                                let me upload another unofficial version I pm you the link later

JustMe

Comment

Working...
                                X